vancouver coastal health

Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:42 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 21
dylan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vancouver coastal health

Hi I am currently a community nurse in the UK and am in the process of having an interview arranged with vancouver coastal health for a home care nurse position. Has anyone else had an interview with them? What was your experiences? Is anyone else actually doing the job in Vancouver - can you tell me what it is like? All comments appreciated.
dylan101 is offline  
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:04 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 349
bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Unhappy Re: vancouver coastal health

Originally Posted by dylan101
Hi I am currently a community nurse in the UK and am in the process of having an interview arranged with vancouver coastal health for a home care nurse position. Has anyone else had an interview with them? What was your experiences? Is anyone else actually doing the job in Vancouver - can you tell me what it is like? All comments appreciated.

Hi Dylan

I got invited to meet with HR people from VCH when they were here in April. I dragged me bones twice to mancheter as requested to meet various personel. they already had my cv as i had applied on-line, so wanted to meet me. They promised to phone me the week after easter as they were v intrested as i have over 20 years theatre experience. still waiting for the phone to ring
Also i met with Healthmatch BC. they did ring on their return to Canada and passed my details onto Vancouver Island stating that they would contact within the week Yet Again still wating
Either there are no vacancies in theatre(hard to believe as there is a world shortage of us) or they just drag their feet
Hope you have better luck and if they want to meet you make sure they come to you!

good luck
jo
bear-diesel is offline  
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:52 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 21
dylan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: vancouver coastal health

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Hi Dylan

I got invited to meet with HR people from VCH when they were here in April. I dragged me bones twice to mancheter as requested to meet various personel. they already had my cv as i had applied on-line, so wanted to meet me. They promised to phone me the week after easter as they were v intrested as i have over 20 years theatre experience. still waiting for the phone to ring
Also i met with Healthmatch BC. they did ring on their return to Canada and passed my details onto Vancouver Island stating that they would contact within the week Yet Again still wating
Either there are no vacancies in theatre(hard to believe as there is a world shortage of us) or they just drag their feet
Hope you have better luck and if they want to meet you make sure they come to you!

good luck
jo
thanks for your reply. i am still waiting on an interview several emails later! guess they cant be that desperate on nurses then!
dylan101 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:02 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 165
Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of
Default Re: vancouver coastal health

Originally Posted by dylan101
thanks for your reply. i am still waiting on an interview several emails later! guess they cant be that desperate on nurses then!
My Wife had IV's with both after meeting them in MAN, and was offered two jobs. The whole process seems to be on hold at the moment. Staff shortages at all gov departments ie. CRNBC, HRDC (as it was). If you are serious about going to BC I would start the CRNBC process now as it takes 12-14 weeks to assess your application.
Griff is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.