British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   vancouver coastal health (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/vancouver-coastal-health-376823/)

dylan101 Jun 1st 2006 7:42 am

vancouver coastal health

Hi I am currently a community nurse in the UK and am in the process of having an interview arranged with vancouver coastal health for a home care nurse position. Has anyone else had an interview with them? What was your experiences? Is anyone else actually doing the job in Vancouver - can you tell me what it is like? All comments appreciated.

bear-diesel Jun 25th 2006 9:04 pm

Re: vancouver coastal health

Originally Posted by dylan101
Hi I am currently a community nurse in the UK and am in the process of having an interview arranged with vancouver coastal health for a home care nurse position. Has anyone else had an interview with them? What was your experiences? Is anyone else actually doing the job in Vancouver - can you tell me what it is like? All comments appreciated.

Hi Dylan

I got invited to meet with HR people from VCH when they were here in April. I dragged me bones twice to mancheter as requested to meet various personel. they already had my cv as i had applied on-line, so wanted to meet me. They promised to phone me the week after easter as they were v intrested as i have over 20 years theatre experience. still waiting for the phone to ring
Also i met with Healthmatch BC. they did ring on their return to Canada and passed my details onto Vancouver Island stating that they would contact within the week Yet Again still wating
Either there are no vacancies in theatre(hard to believe as there is a world shortage of us) or they just drag their feet
Hope you have better luck and if they want to meet you make sure they come to you!

good luck
jo

dylan101 Jun 26th 2006 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Hi Dylan

I got invited to meet with HR people from VCH when they were here in April. I dragged me bones twice to mancheter as requested to meet various personel. they already had my cv as i had applied on-line, so wanted to meet me. They promised to phone me the week after easter as they were v intrested as i have over 20 years theatre experience. still waiting for the phone to ring
Also i met with Healthmatch BC. they did ring on their return to Canada and passed my details onto Vancouver Island stating that they would contact within the week Yet Again still wating
Either there are no vacancies in theatre(hard to believe as there is a world shortage of us) or they just drag their feet
Hope you have better luck and if they want to meet you make sure they come to you!

good luck
jo

thanks for your reply. i am still waiting on an interview several emails later! guess they cant be that desperate on nurses then!

Griff Jun 30th 2006 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by dylan101
thanks for your reply. i am still waiting on an interview several emails later! guess they cant be that desperate on nurses then!

My Wife had IV's with both after meeting them in MAN, and was offered two jobs. The whole process seems to be on hold at the moment. Staff shortages at all gov departments ie. CRNBC, HRDC (as it was). If you are serious about going to BC I would start the CRNBC process now as it takes 12-14 weeks to assess your application.