Vaccinations

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations

Hi guys,

I am going to Sydney in March 09 to work as a nurse! I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice about vaccinations the hospital has asked for proof of vaccination whcih i can do for some of them except diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis i do not have any proof of vaccinations (these were done at school!) any suggestions or ideas of where i could have these vaccinations done?

K

xx
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: Vaccinations

Originally Posted by kicking_k
Hi guys,

I am going to Sydney in March 09 to work as a nurse! I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice about vaccinations the hospital has asked for proof of vaccination whcih i can do for some of them except diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis i do not have any proof of vaccinations (these were done at school!) any suggestions or ideas of where i could have these vaccinations done?

K

xx
Hi K,
If I remember right, when I started on my nursing course in 2003 my university wanted a complete vaccination history (though they never asked me about pertussis). I just went to my GP and any vaccinations that we couldn't find any record for they gave me. I ended up having vaccines for diphtheria / tetanus and polio.

Regards,

Mark
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:43 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Or you could have a blood test for those immunisations you don't have proof of to show that you have seroconverted. I did this for some of mine.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kicking_k
Hi guys,

K

xx
Hi K
I also work in Sydney, if you are going to be in paediatrics then make sure you are up to date with DPT cos pertussis is on the increase. Very simple just go to your GP, I went down to staff health last year because we all had to have measles serology checked (outbreak of measles somewhere) and they asked when I last had DPT, I didnt remember so they did it there and then, no hassle. As for any other vaccinations, nothing that you wont already have had as a nurse in the UK. Ask your GP for a copy of your records. Good luck, hope it all works out for you... where are you going to be working by the way?
Heather
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx guys,

I took your advice and went to see my GP, they are going to provide proof of what vaccinations i have had plus the blood results from my last check at occ health at work i think that should be enough! I am picking up the letter tomorrow and having DPT vaccination on thurs!

Hi Heather i am hoping to be in sydney by march, working at RPA in gynaecology! any suggestions or hints would be greatfully apreciated

k
xx