uk trained surgeon and nurse in clagary

Old Sep 18th 2012, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

jules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nice
Default UK trained surgeon and nurse in Calgary

Hi
We moved out to calgary from the uk 2 years ago on a fellowship with a supposed chair for my husband sadly after selling up and moving out here, buying our own home, getting the pets moved out my husband was told the chair was given to someone else, He is a surgeon/scientist, who has been told there will be no job for him here, he has tried to apply to sit the exams here but has been told they have enough doctors who are canadian, looking for jobs so he will not be put forward, also i would have to apply to become a nurse and do my full training after being a nursing sister in the Uk with eperience in ITU, burns and plastics running my own clinics etc and am probably past the point of retraining! Our daughter was doing so well out here in her school and has now missed the cut off in the uk for doing the 11+, We are sadly now having to sell up our house at a loss, we have one very dead car after paying 19,000 (broke down after the warranty ran out had blutac and glue holding bits together dealer will not answer any messages) we are currently trying to get jobs back in the UK which we have been out of for 2 years we have been told that there are no hopes of any jobs for a nurse and doctor any where in Canada! so i was surprised to see the advertisement for employment in canada for health people! People make sure you research everything before coming out to calgary. The people i have met have been lovely but if you are medical you will expect to have to jump through some major hoops to get accepted, we now have no home or jobs in the uk after putting all of our money into this move On the bright side i have written a book while out here on the experience!!!1

Last edited by jules777; Sep 18th 2012 at 5:47 pm. Reason: spelt calgary wrong
Old Sep 18th 2012, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk trained surgeon and nurse in clagary

desperately short of doctors in the Maritimes especailly Nova Scotia where many Emerg departments are closed due to lack of doctors. The problem may be where he wants to work as a lot of the doctors where I live that man Emerg are actually GP's

NS are alsop desperate for RN's and will do their own assessment
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:48 am
Just Joined

jules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nice
Default Re: uk trained surgeon and nurse in calgary

Thankyou, We will take a look at all options, its a bit sad really i never thought that both a Surgeon and a senior nursing sister, would be out of work but I guess thats the way it goes!