UK Radiographer to Australia

Old May 8th 2022, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Shreevesheadingdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Radiographer to Australia

Hi All, new to the forum and just looking for advice please.
I am a 1 year qualified diagnostic radiographer looking to move with my husband and 2 children to Australia, ideally Adelaide but open to most places. Currently waiting to hear back from the Down Under Centre with help on how to get the ball rolling. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with being newly qualified and gaining a visa?
My husband is a teacher but his degree isn't recognised is Australia so I think it all comes down to me .

​​​Been reading extensively for years and now in a sort of position to crack on.any advice will be very much appreciated
Old May 9th 2022, 3:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Radiographer to Australia

Originally Posted by Shreevesheadingdownunder
Hi All, new to the forum and just looking for advice please.
I am a 1 year qualified diagnostic radiographer looking to move with my husband and 2 children to Australia, ideally Adelaide but open to most places. Currently waiting to hear back from the Down Under Centre with help on how to get the ball rolling. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with being newly qualified and gaining a visa?
My husband is a teacher but his degree isn't recognised is Australia so I think it all comes down to me .

​​​Been reading extensively for years and now in a sort of position to crack on.any advice will be very much appreciated
Having a quick read, I think 2 years experience post qualification is required although the ASMIRT site is not clear - https://www.asmirt.org/careers-and-e...s-assessments/

Hopefully the DUC can help (although I must admit, I thought they were trades only).

I'm close to Adelaide but no school age children. If you need info on areas, I would suggest posting in main Australia section - https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/