UK nurse wants to move to US. Is it possible?

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

sebz_usaorOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK nurse wants to move to US. Is it possible?

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
The issue isn’t new. What Your training transcripts have to show are clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult. Only way to find out if affected is apply and wait for response. Kings college apparently have a course but it is expensive and the state may not accept it
Kings College London no more offer the course. They have stopped the course for some reason? Does anybody know if this course is available for UK citizens to be done in the US, I dont mind going to USA to do the course. I am a UK nursing graduate with 7 years of experience in Adult Nursing.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sebz_usaorOz
Kings College London no more offer the course. They have stopped the course for some reason? Does anybody know if this course is available for UK citizens to be done in the US, I dont mind going to USA to do the course. I am a UK nursing graduate with 7 years of experience in Adult Nursing.
There are some schools in California that offer make up courses but very expensive and may not cover a student visa. Elsewhere you basically are going to have to contact various nursing schools and ask but they may require you to do the full course
Old Apr 5th 2019, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

sebz_usaorOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Kings was charging £5100

i think the only option would be to redo mental health Paeds and Obstetrics here in UK . The post graduation courses are 4 years long and they don’t include all 3 subjects.

i hope Kings restarts the course as they say that they might next year or so.

Anyway I am looking for Australian PR as well which is on the way