Uk nurse wanting to work in vic, Australia, good idea??

Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Uk nurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk nurse wanting to work in vic, Australia, good idea??

Hey!
So I’m 27yo UK nurse married with a 2yo. Have family in Victoria, would love to go out to stay with them and work as a nurse.

Can anyone tell me their own personal experiences of doing this?
I currently work for the NHS, what systems are over there? How difficult would it be? Would it be hard to get a job, is there a need for nurses etc etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 12th 2020, 5:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk nurse wanting to work in vic, Australia, good idea??

Originally Posted by Uk nurse
Hey!
So I’m 27yo UK nurse married with a 2yo. Have family in Victoria, would love to go out to stay with them and work as a nurse.

Can anyone tell me their own personal experiences of doing this?
I currently work for the NHS, what systems are over there? How difficult would it be? Would it be hard to get a job, is there a need for nurses etc etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Start with a good read of https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/ to see what visas you qualify for and https://www.ahpra.gov.au/ to check that you are eligible for registration in Australia
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Sallyzzz2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk nurse wanting to work in vic, Australia, good idea??

Dear UK Nurse,
I also have family in Australia in Adelaide and near Brisbane on the Gold Coast but unfortunately no one is a nurse and I have never worked as a nurse in Australia, although my family members living in Australia have a very good quality of life and love working and living there, sorry I couldn't provide you with any specific information about working as a nurse in Australia.

Sincerely Sally

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 22nd 2020 at 8:52 am. Reason: Sorry, but please don't directly ask forum members for this, they can read your thread and contact you if they are interested