UK nurse to canada - update!!!

Old Mar 8th 2023, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK nurse to canada - update!!!

Hi all,

for those that have seen my previous posts I passed my NCLEX exam finally this monday, the regulating body still needs to give me authorisation to work with conditions as I'm not living in canada but once that is done I can apply for jobs, get my visa then move and get the rest sorted. this has been 3 years or so in the making and I'm finally making progress.

J
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK nurse to canada - update!!!

Congratulations
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Mottster22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JD1990
Hi all,

for those that have seen my previous posts I passed my NCLEX exam finally this monday, the regulating body still needs to give me authorisation to work with conditions as I'm not living in canada but once that is done I can apply for jobs, get my visa then move and get the rest sorted. this has been 3 years or so in the making and I'm finally making progress.

J
congratulations, is there anywhere online that I can find out what the next steps are. I need to apply and sit the NCLEX, but that will be in the next 6 months. What happens after that though.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mottster22
congratulations, is there anywhere online that I can find out what the next steps are. I need to apply and sit the NCLEX, but that will be in the next 6 months. What happens after that though.
when you pass NCLEX your result gets sent to the province you applied for who will give you registration
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

when you pass NCLEX your result gets sent to the province you applied for who will give you registration
Thanks for reply so soon. Info is a little vague out there on the web. Do you have to pass the language test too? Be interested in what type of permit. Is it a temporary permit to work, for how long. Sorry I’ve so many questions. Have you had to employ an immigration lawyer? Thank you.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for reply so soon. Info is a little vague out there on the web. Do you have to pass the language test too? Be interested in what type of permit. Is it a temporary permit to work, for how long. Sorry I’ve so many questions. Have you had to employ an immigration lawyer? Thank you.
yes online it’s not clear. For your visa you’ll need IELTS English exam for express entry. You may also be able to get the hospital to sponsor you so you wouldn’t need a lawyer. I’ve not used one yet but I’m not in Canada I’m waiting for my job offer and sponsorship to get sorted first.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

yes online it’s not clear. For your visa you’ll need IELTS English exam for express entry. You may also be able to get the hospital to sponsor you so you wouldn’t need a lawyer. I’ve not used one yet but I’m not in Canada I’m waiting for my job offer and sponsorship to get sorted first.
Might be worth getting in touch. Did you want to direct message? Are you on Facebook messenger? This forum doesn’t seem to allow me to DM you.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 11:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth getting in touch. Did you want to direct message? Are you on Facebook messenger? This forum doesn’t seem to allow me to DM you.
It is always better to discuss much of this in open forum.

Others benefit from understanding the process - and if a mis-step is suggested, there is potential for others to correct it.

Also worth checking the main Canada forum - https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/ where the is a dedicated immigration / visa section, plus general discussion section
Old Jul 12th 2023, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

feel free to ask any questions here - I'm somewhat of an expert on the process now!

J
Old Dec 20th 2023, 2:59 am
Just Joined

magdanurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Would you be so kind and describe all the steps from the beginning please ??
I am interested in applying for a sponsorship via hospital.
do you know where i can start my journey? what to do ?
Old Dec 20th 2023, 3:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magdanurse
Hi,

Would you be so kind and describe all the steps from the beginning please ??
I am interested in applying for a sponsorship via hospital.
do you know where i can start my journey? what to do ?
Please pop over to the Canada forum and people can help you with the immigration side there. If you need sponsorship to get a visa (are you sure you do and can’t apply on your own - much easier if you can?) then there’s tons of info on job hunting there too.

Good luck.
Old Dec 20th 2023, 3:38 am
Just Joined

magdanurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please pop over to the Canada forum and people can help you with the immigration side there. If you need sponsorship to get a visa (are you sure you do and can’t apply on your own - much easier if you can?) then there’s tons of info on job hunting there too.

Good luck.

hi thanks