U.K. nurse to Virginia, USA

Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

laura257 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K. nurse to Virginia, USA

Hi,

I am a nurse in the U.K. but live in California with my husband and daughter and I’m on an L2 visa. I haven’t got a nurse license here in CA but I’m aware of how difficult it would be to get one.

It looks like we may be moving to Virginia and I was wondering if any U.K. nurses have managed to get their license in Virginia and if I would still have deficiencies in paeds, obstetrics and psych there?

Any information appreciated. Thank you
Old Jun 10th 2021, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K. nurse to Virginia, USA

Each state is different and some have managed to get licensed but really the only way to know is to apply and see what happens
Old Jun 13th 2021, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know the process here in Virginia but a friend of one of our sons graduated from University with a degree in nursing.
There are also community colleges to look at.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Eviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura,

I'm a UK trained nurse BSc. Adult nursing. I live in Maryland and I just completed CGFNS CES application and received my letter from the MD nursing board to say I was successful. I'm now gonna start my NCLEX journey.

It was complicated but I got there eventually. Please feel free to contact me, if i can offer any support or advice. I'm happy to help,

I often felt VERY disheartened with ALL the negativity surrounding UK trained nurses and their missing hours.

Good luck.
Old Jul 24th 2021, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Tashmash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eviecam67

I’m in the process of starting, I’ve applied to CGFNS I’m also BSc adult nursing. Do you mind sharing how you went about the other bits please.. it’s seem quite hard navigating the whole getting to writing NCLEX and all.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 25th 2021 at 8:22 am. Reason: Took quote out as it hadn't worked. :-)
Old Jul 25th 2021, 8:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tashmash
Hi Eviecam67

I’m in the process of starting, I’ve applied to CGFNS I’m also BSc adult nursing. Do you mind sharing how you went about the other bits please.. it’s seem quite hard navigating the whole getting to writing NCLEX and all.

Thanks in advance
Hi, welcome to BE.

Apologies, but your quote hadn't worked so I've had to edit your post. I'm sure you'll get lots of help re: the nursing side of things here though, if you need any other help then the US forums are the place to head to.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Chioma91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eviecam67
Hi Laura,

I'm a UK trained nurse BSc. Adult nursing. I live in Maryland and I just completed CGFNS CES application and received my letter from the MD nursing board to say I was successful. I'm now gonna start my NCLEX journey.

It was complicated but I got there eventually. Please feel free to contact me, if i can offer any support or advice. I'm happy to help,

I often felt VERY disheartened with ALL the negativity surrounding UK trained nurses and their missing hours.

Good luck.
Hello, I'm a US trained RN living in California. My sister is an Adult RN in UK, interested in moving to the US. Do you mind sharing how the process went? I can't private message you because I'm a new member and this is my first post. I will really appreciate
Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chioma91
Hello, I'm a US trained RN living in California. My sister is an Adult RN in UK, interested in moving to the US. Do you mind sharing how the process went? I can't private message you because I'm a new member and this is my first post. I will really appreciate
A lot will depend on the state your sister wants to live and work in plus transcripts. If California is the state then it’s one of the toughest US states to register with
Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Chioma91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
A lot will depend on the state your sister wants to live and work in plus transcripts. If California is the state then it’s one of the toughest US states to register with
She is open to any state that will accept her. Did you go through the same process? If yes, do you mind sharing the agency you used and a little bit about the process? Will really appreciate
Old Sep 12th 2021, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chioma91
She is open to any state that will accept her. Did you go through the same process? If yes, do you mind sharing the agency you used and a little bit about the process? Will really appreciate
I did the process many years ago and I was fortunate to train as a general nurse so didn’t have any issues with meeting US state requirements. We have seen posts from many who do struggle to meet requirements because on how the UK trains their nurses but some have managed to meet some states and others don’t. Definitely a luck of the draw. I eventually moved to Canada but remember the painful process of applying and using CGFNS
Old Mar 18th 2022, 1:35 am
Just Joined

deatras124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Laura,

Good luck.
Hi,

My partner is a Neonatal nurse and she is trying to apply for NCLEX in US, however, she doesn't have the clinical hours in adult and mental health, as she has been working in Neonatal since she finish her BSc, do you think it will be hard for her to apply? Do you know how to meet the clinical hours that the BON require? Thank you.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Eviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond reputeEviecam67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deatras124
Hi,

My partner is a Neonatal nurse and she is trying to apply for NCLEX in US, however, she doesn't have the clinical hours in adult and mental health, as she has been working in Neonatal since she finish her BSc, do you think it will be hard for her to apply? Do you know how to meet the clinical hours that the BON require? Thank you.
Hi There,

It was a VERY complex journey, however my undergrad degree and training fulfilled the criteria with CGFNS. I'm now eligible to sit my Nclex.

PM me and I will help anyway I can.
Old Mar 19th 2022, 10:41 am
Just Joined

deatras124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

It was a VERY complex journey, however my undergrad degree and training fulfilled the criteria with CGFNS. I'm now eligible to sit my Nclex.

PM me and I will help anyway I can.
Hi I wanted to PM you but the system won't let me. Did you go to universities to top up your hours?
Old Mar 19th 2022, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

No - my undergraduate degree met all the theory and practical hours required for US licensure.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Marni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Hello, sorry for bother again . I m uk trained nurse which state is accept our degree without any troubles?thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.