trying something new?

Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of
Default trying something new?

has any body trained to be a doctor in the US? I am a 37 yr old nurse who loves being a nurse but wants something else, actully truth be told I wanted to be a doc at 16 but thought I was too stupid found out at 31 I was severly dsyslexic high IQ but unable to translate, having said that I got to jrn sister level and got a diploma, so now I know may be I should take a punt, don't critiacise me for this, but I am frustrated, my mate dave who is now a consultant said he had never worked with a nurse as demanding as me and all though my career Consultants have either loved my knowledge or hated me with a vengance,I know some nurses will feel I should fight from the inside but I've being doing that for 18 yrs, also I worked for a doctor who had started out as a HCA became a enrolled nurse then doctor and he was lovely but Pants, not that he didn't know his stuff but as an oncologist he could never bring himself to tell people they where dying! so I know its not perfect I just want to know if its possible (PS I know its expensive)
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: trying something new?

hi

i really can't answer that but wanted to wish u good luck

debbie
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

In my department,there were 2 nurses who became doctors.
They were Canadian nurses and did their doc. training at UBC.
They were early 30's and mid 40's when they became doctors.
I don't see any difference in the US apart from the hassle
of converting UK qualifications to American ones and perhaps
some upgradings.
I would say go for it,if it is your dream and passion.
Yoong
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by madeofkent
has any body trained to be a doctor in the US? I am a 37 yr old nurse who loves being a nurse but wants something else, actully truth be told I wanted to be a doc at 16 but thought I was too stupid found out at 31 I was severly dsyslexic high IQ but unable to translate, having said that I got to jrn sister level and got a diploma, so now I know may be I should take a punt, don't critiacise me for this, but I am frustrated, my mate dave who is now a consultant said he had never worked with a nurse as demanding as me and all though my career Consultants have either loved my knowledge or hated me with a vengance,I know some nurses will feel I should fight from the inside but I've being doing that for 18 yrs, also I worked for a doctor who had started out as a HCA became a enrolled nurse then doctor and he was lovely but Pants, not that he didn't know his stuff but as an oncologist he could never bring himself to tell people they where dying! so I know its not perfect I just want to know if its possible (PS I know its expensive)
Follow your dream - good luck.