Time scales for posting application?

Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

shelz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Time scales for posting application?

Hi,

just waiting for my statement of service from work then I can get my paperwork verified but - how long can I leave it till I actually post it off to Perth office?

Gonna be a bit tight till I get paid again in November for the £350 for application and registration fee:-/

just a bit worried that alot of my paper work will av 'true and correct dates of beginning of October then certified mid October; then posted mid November- does anyone think this would be a problem for Ahpra?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Time scales for posting application?

Originally Posted by shelz
Hi,

just waiting for my statement of service from work then I can get my paperwork verified but - how long can I leave it till I actually post it off to Perth office?

Gonna be a bit tight till I get paid again in November for the £350 for application and registration fee:-/

just a bit worried that a lot of my paper work will av 'true and correct dates of beginning of October then certified mid October; then posted mid November- does anyone think this would be a problem for Ahpra?
I don't think a few weeks will make a difference to them, longer than a few months might. Remember it takes around a week or so for the application to arrive. I sent mine Airsure over Easter and although it arrived in Melbourne around 6-7 days later it sat in their sorting office for another 5 days. Sending a week before payday would be safe.

Shop around for certification, mine cost nothing with a Justice of the Peace.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Gilraen,

my local magistrate court said they will verify everything for £25 which is great :-) just waiting on my statement of service from HR.

I will get it posted early November and the verification and managers signitures should be no more than 6 weeks old hopefully this will be okay for Ahpra. (fingers crossed)

I haven't asked but how are u doing with everything? :-)
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Gilraen,

my local magistrate court said they will verify everything for £25 which is great :-) just waiting on my statement of service from HR.

I will get it posted early November and the verification and managers signitures should be no more than 6 weeks old hopefully this will be okay for Ahpra. (fingers crossed)

I haven't asked but how are u doing with everything? :-)
That sounds great!! good luck with the application.

I'm good visa will come through any day now and we fly at the beginning of November. I start work on the 19th November

Have to do APHRA etc in Sydney first though.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, that's so close u excited now or scared??hope u have managed to sort out ur accomodation, and your plans are coming together, have u had a leaving do?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, that's so close u excited now or scared??hope u have managed to sort out ur accomodation, and your plans are coming together, have u had a leaving do?
We have some temp accommodation sorted and leaving dos have started, there are around 6 of them.......too many goodbyes though......that's the hardest bit of all.

Where are you in your plans?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Well the registration with AHPRA is the beginning of my journey, then hoping to get sponsored employment, once I have registered then I can put an expression of interest on skill select and see where it goes from there.
Been looking at Perth area, and community nursing. I work with teenage parents and their children at moment improving health and well being outcomes but also school health x

U done really well to get u registration in May and u already secured employment and flying out! That's quick! Which visa are u going on and which type of nursing area r u? :-)
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Well the registration with AHPRA is the beginning of my journey, then hoping to get sponsored employment, once I have registered then I can put an expression of interest on skill select and see where it goes from there.
Been looking at Perth area, and community nursing. I work with teenage parents and their children at moment improving health and well being outcomes but also school health x

U done really well to get u registration in May and u already secured employment and flying out! That's quick! Which visa are u going on and which type of nursing area r u? :-)
I am a Health Visitor, but been working as a Child Protection nurse for a few years. So going to do Child and Family Health Nursing in Rural NSW. Going on a 457 and being sponsored for PR when I get out there. We are in the same field I think.