is there a website that helps with each step??

Old May 9th 2007, 8:12 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default is there a website that helps with each step??

Is there a website specifically for nurses which helps with each step.

I am still confused where to start. Do i apply to the ANC first or the state board where i want to work?? Before applying for a visa??
Old May 9th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is there a website that helps with each step??

Hi there

There are some good links on here, detailing all the bits you've got to do and lots of people who've been through the whole process who will be better informed than me but I think it goes like this:

If you need your skills assessing for the purposes of your visa then you've got to go through the ANMC but you have 2 options - the full assessment or the modified assessment (which is cheaper)
You can apply directly to the state board where you want to work and then go through the modified assessment with the ANMC, this works out cheaper but not sure how long it all takes
OR
Do full assessment with ANMC and then apply to state board at a later point

Either way, you'll need all your certificates, statement of entry, transcripts from training establishment and a letter of verification from the NMC.
I'll see if I can find that link and put it in. Ah, yes, I've found it but I don't know how to link to it but go into the nurse forum on here, go into search thread box and put in "Getting skills certified...a walk through" and that should take you to a good thread listing the different steps.

Hope that helps, good luck!
Sammy
Old May 9th 2007, 11:09 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Sammy thats really helpful. Will go have a look now. Only thing i have managed to do so far today is order a copy of my ex-marriage cert from vicar who married me !!

Oh well its all a learning curve. NMC lady wasnt very helpful and said i should have my name down first before requesting info from them huh??

Just not sure if i should apply to anmc first or board first. I guess the info is all the same anyway so just trying to put that together.

One question though if the nmc send your docs out there for you before you apply how do they know who they are for if you havent applied yet. I am having such a blonde day today!! xx clare
Old May 9th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Good question!
I requested verifications from the NMC to be sent to ANMC and 3 state boards (not sure we were headed at that point) I also had to get NMC to send out stuff about my transcripts etc as I could not obtain them as both of my schools have since closed and I've been completely unable to get anyone to help me!
So somewhere in OZ are vaious docs with my name on, I'm assured by others on here who have beeb through the whole process that it all gets matched up, they must have a big file with Ozzie wanabees in!
As I cannot be the main visa applicant as I don't work more than 20 hours a week, (which I didn't realise initially) we are concentrating on OH's skills assessment and I'll do my stuff later in the summer.
Sammy
Old May 9th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

chrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant future
Smile Re: is there a website that helps with each step??

Have just sent u a PM

Christine xx
Old May 9th 2007, 12:27 pm
looking for my marbles

Thanks once again. Just had a heart attack again. Whats this 20hr rule?? I currently work 20hrs, oh no is this enough??
Old May 9th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, as far as I know, its just it has to be no less than 20 hours a week for the work experience bit on the visa application.
But don't quote on me that, I'm sure someone else will have more details. I contacted the DIMA at Adelaide and they dais it could not be less than 20 hours which ruled me out as I'm bank and I work 1 or 2 shifts a week so not enough.
Sammy
Old May 9th 2007, 1:49 pm
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yes, as far as I know, its just it has to be no less than 20 hours a week for the work experience bit on the visa application.
But don't quote on me that, I'm sure someone else will have more details. I contacted the DIMA at Adelaide and they dais it could not be less than 20 hours which ruled me out as I'm bank and I work 1 or 2 shifts a week so not enough.
Sammy
so 20hrs wil be ok??
Old May 9th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll dig out the reference for you later
Sammy
Old May 9th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right, found it:

PAID FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT:

In most cases, General Skilled Migration work experience requirement
specify that for work experience to be counted, you must have been
employed in a skilled occupation. This means that you must be engaged in
a skilled occupation on a paid basis (generally at a commercial rate) for
at least 20 hours per week for the required period. The exception is
Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) visa holders applying for a
State/Territory Nominated Independent (subclass 137) visa.

It does depend a bit on what visa you are going for and as far as I know, will be the same in September 07 when the new changes come in.
Hope that helps

Sammy