Sydney - opportunities

Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney - opportunities

Hi all ,

My missus is a little concerned that after she gains PR and we move to Sydney; she may not be able to find a job.

My wife is an grade d/e ICU nurse with 1 years experience in ICU.
She also has 1 year in Cardiac Theatre.
& 2 years in a nursing home.

She hasn't sat any ICU exams here.

I have reassured her that Nurses are in demand and she'll have no probs.

Am I right? Has anyone encountered any lengthy periods of unemployment?

She doesn't mind really what role she takes. Although she would prefer not to be a straightforward ward nurse.

All advice appreciated!

Thanks
TC
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney - opportunities

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all ,

My missus is a little concerned that after she gains PR and we move to Sydney; she may not be able to find a job.

She doesn't mind really what role she takes. Although she would prefer not to be a straightforward ward nurse.

All advice appreciated!

Thanks
TC

I don't think she'll have a problem at all. Hubby and I were offered several interviews all over Australia at the beginning of the year. We ended up settling for Brisbane.
We started by emailing our CV's to the many hospitals and it just spiraled from there.
Give us a shout if you need any help, there are lots of us on here that can share our stories.
Good luck!
Claire.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
I don't think she'll have a problem at all. Hubby and I were offered several interviews all over Australia at the beginning of the year. We ended up settling for Brisbane.
We started by emailing our CV's to the many hospitals and it just spiraled from there.
Give us a shout if you need any help, there are lots of us on here that can share our stories.
Good luck!
Claire.

Cheers Robbo!
Its just the issus is getting cold feet about leaving our stable well paid jobs.
I have confidence though!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Cheers Robbo!
Its just the issus is getting cold feet about leaving our stable well paid jobs.
I have confidence though!

Yes, I can understand that...I feel exactly the same as I type, but we're off in 11 days, both unemployed and homeless now (and have two kids in tow!!), It's a bit late to back out now!!!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all ,

All advice appreciated!

Thanks
TC
Please be reassured, nurses are in so much demand, especially with critical care experience she'll probably be able to pick and choose, they seem more concerned with experience rather than the paper qualifications. I work in Sydney at The Hills Private Hospital in the Emergency Department and while we're pretty well staffed, there always seems to be staff shortages in Coronary Care/ICU, and they can never get enough agency staff either so I can't see that she'dhave any problem.
Sue