soon to be qualified

Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:02 am
Just Joined

jakki is an unknown quantity at this point
Question soon to be qualified

hi to all, im new to this site. im due to qualify in march 2008 in the uk and im wanting to obtain a sponsered visa 457, i have contacted a few recruitment agencys and they wont take me on as newly qualified. i really dont know where to start. any help would be appreciated
thanks jakki
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:11 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: soon to be qualified

Originally Posted by jakki
hi to all, im new to this site. im due to qualify in march 2008 in the uk and im wanting to obtain a sponsered visa 457, i have contacted a few recruitment agencys and they wont take me on as newly qualified. i really dont know where to start. any help would be appreciated
thanks jakki
Contact Queensland Health, they frequently interview in the UK and take on newly qualified nurses on sponsorship visas.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:31 am
Just Joined

jakki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Contact Queensland Health, they frequently interview in the UK and take on newly qualified nurses on sponsorship visas.
i have submitted an expression of interest form for queensland health, as i cant find any other ways to contact them, thanks wannabauzzienurse for a quick reply
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:03 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Hi,

You might also be interested in the online graduate nursing website for Queensland - http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/gnor/

Goodluck.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

gixxercal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

My wife is going out to WA in March as a newly qualified nurse starting on the Graduate Nurse Programme. Application process was fairly straight forward but do anything you can ASAP (meds, nurse registration,etc) as everything out there seems to take an age to process. Good luck if you apply
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

stot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I too am a newly qualified nurse and i have been dealing with http://www.essencegroup.com.au/. They are willing to accept newly qualified nurses but they do not offer work in hospitals. It is mainly aged care in nursing and residentail homes.

I am just awaiting a decision from the nurses board of Victoria regarding my registration and its taking ages. I just hope they accept me.
Old May 16th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stot
Hi there

I too am a newly qualified nurse and i have been dealing with http://www.essencegroup.com.au/. They are willing to accept newly qualified nurses but they do not offer work in hospitals. It is mainly aged care in nursing and residentail homes.

I am just awaiting a decision from the nurses board of Victoria regarding my registration and its taking ages. I just hope they accept me.
I have also been dealing with Essence Group. How have you found them? apprantely they are going to come to the UK at the end of this year to interview me. They have offered 457 visa sponsorship - are they reputable? How easy was it to get nursing board approval? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to move my family out there if they are a company that will mess me around. Thanks.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

claz403 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, have a look at http://computermatching.pmcv.com.au/...owto/index.cfm

This is the website for newly qualified nurses in Victoria to apply for a graduate year at Victorian hospitals. You are not allowed to be computer matched unless you are Aus or New Zealand citizen, but, you can email them and tell them you are interested, and they will let you know about positions that haven't been filled. You can also apply to the hospitals directly, if you click on this link:

http://computermatching.pmcv.com.au/...EN_13_5_08.pdf

(if the link doesn't work, just follow the links through 'hospital directory'.)

(I hope) it will take you to PDF detailing the hospitals, their locations, websites and info on their graduate nurse program, like what rotations you can do and when their intakes are. (most are january/february, but some have july or september). You can sometimes apply staright through their websites and get a phone interview, or, email them for more information, most of the bigger hospitals have their own graduate nurse co-ordinator. Yo must have your uk registration before you get victorian registration, and, of course, you must have victorian registration before you begin a graduate year. I assume the other states have similar websites. Another hospital i know of that doesn't use the computer matching at all, and just does direct applications, is the Epworth Hospital in Melbourne.

hope this helps!