So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by primrose
Can I just ask a quick question - Do I submit my original skills assessment letter and Marc's engineering letter?

It asks for the originals (I kept a copy)
I agree with Primrose. Remember to get certified copies of the original and keep these in case the orignal documnet gets lost and you get asked for a replacement.

Richard
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RAG62
G'day all
Feelin' chirpy today as just received an acknowledgement from Dimia for our visa application. Also ggot a call from Egg credit card that somebody in Australia was trying to debit my account - was I hapy that this was a valid transaction? You bet I was happy. Not ofetn I say that when £769 is coming out of my account. (Must say I was impressed with Egg that they keep track of my comings and goings on my card).

So, now in the pile of papers at DIMIA - lets just hope that nurses are given top priority

Richard
Hi Richard
have just been browsing through my emails and also had an acknowledgement from Dimia,playing the waiting game now like yourself and hope that people start house hunting very soon as ours has been on the market since sept
[COLOR=Indigo]
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:57 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies everyone - I will ask solicitor to certify a copy of our skills assessments when he witnesses us signing our DIMIA application.

RAG62 and Debs it sounds like DIMIA are finally getting in gear - thats really promising that you have both had acknowledgements fairly quickly. At least you can rest assured that your applications are there and not lost. Not long till the medical requests I hope?

Lynn
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:18 am

Yipee - just got 2nd part of police checks back (police national computer)

Thats us got everything bar employment references ready to go!

When I wake up this morning I am going to start filling the visa application in and putting everything together - that way when I have our employment references it will be ready to go. And as I said before I will be typing my statements myself so will just be a matter of getting bosses to sign them (hopefully not too hard!!?)

Sorry to ask another Q - did you all send original police checks? Is it the same as the skills assessments, should I just get my originals certified so I have a spare copy? I'm sure it will tellme somewhere in booklet 6 but haven't looked yet, ans I seem to remember booklet 6 contradicting itself a lot

Lynn
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yipee - just got 2nd part of police checks back (police national computer)

Sorry to ask another Q - did you all send original police checks? Is it the same as the skills assessments, should I just get my originals certified so I have a spare copy? I'm sure it will tellme somewhere in booklet 6 but haven't looked yet, ans I seem to remember booklet 6 contradicting itself a lot

Lynn
Originals only Lynne, if you can photocopy one cheap you will see why!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by primrose
Originals only Lynne, if you can photocopy one cheap you will see why!
Cheers for that - do DIMIA lose them a lot then?
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Cheers for that - do DIMIA lose them a lot then?
Dunno, sorry.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi Richard
have just been browsing through my emails and also had an acknowledgement from Dimia,playing the waiting game now like yourself and hope that people start house hunting very soon as ours has been on the market since sept
[COLOR=Indigo]
Hi,
Is the housing market flat where you are? We haven't put ours on the market yet - not sure when is best but probably wait 'til medicals requested. Waiting is the hard part.

Lynn
I still get pained when I see how quickly you have had your nursing assessment completed. My wife's took 3 months amd I am still bitter about it. Never mind, just hope DIMIA are in top gear.
Richard
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:47 pm

I am exhausted - I have been on computer all afternoon typing these bloody references/ employment statements!

By the way does anyone know what the 5 main duties of an agency nurse would be? I am stumped as you have to work in so many different areas so need some very general duties of a registered nurse - karma to anyone that can help and

It seems that to cover the required period (3 years) I have to provide statements from each job i've had (4) detailing the 5 main duties held - am I doing this correctly. Obviously I have put my job title and employment dates as well.

Lynn x
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am exhausted - I have been on computer all afternoon typing these bloody references/ employment statements!

By the way does anyone know what the 5 main duties of an agency nurse would be? I am stumped as you have to work in so many different areas so need some very general duties of a registered nurse - karma to anyone that can help and

It seems that to cover the required period (3 years) I have to provide statements from each job i've had (4) detailing the 5 main duties held - am I doing this correctly. Obviously I have put my job title and employment dates as well.

Lynn x
Hi Lynn
I'm not a nurse but so long as you can detail the duties you have done and what experience you have then that should be okay. They may look at your hours more closely to check you meet the criteria.
Take a rest and chill tonight!
Richard
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynn,
my sister did the same as you and she is in! It will be worth it in the end I promise.
good luck keep running around. You stop learning and start earning.

Lace
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Lynn,
my sister did the same as you and she is in! It will be worth it in the end I promise.
good luck keep running around. You stop learning and start earning.

Lace
Hi Lace/ Richard

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!

As my hours are not very simple between January and August (I had 2 jobs, one agency/ one 8 hour contract where i got loads of extra to contracted) I am having to provide documentation of my exact working hours - so Richard you are right I am basically pointing out what my hours are exactly and where I did the shift and on what date. I am confident that I have 12 full time months (20+ hours per week) out of the last 18 months, just not in a row but I do have full months together. Half of me thinks i'm shooting myself in the foot by pointing out all the months where i wasn't full time but I have no other choice and the duty statements i'm providing and getting signed by employers adds up to about 13 out of the past 18 months (phew i'm cuttin it fine!!!). I will be a bag of nerves when this visa gets submitted.

Lynn
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Hi Lynn
you will be ok honest.
My sister went through the mill and we got her papers in just in time cos she was nearly 45 (old thing that she is). So if your a nurse they want you. I, however, am not. I wish I was but I hate blood ha ha. It took fro start to finish for my sister Aug 2004 to Dec 2004.

you will be there in no time
chin up
I have just become a Hairdresser and not by choice and they changed the rules on me so......... You are lucky
go girl

cheers

lace
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:34 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lace/ Richard

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!

As my hours are not very simple between January and August (I had 2 jobs, one agency/ one 8 hour contract where i got loads of extra to contracted) I am having to provide documentation of my exact working hours - so Richard you are right I am basically pointing out what my hours are exactly and where I did the shift and on what date. I am confident that I have 12 full time months (20+ hours per week) out of the last 18 months, just not in a row but I do have full months together. Half of me thinks i'm shooting myself in the foot by pointing out all the months where i wasn't full time but I have no other choice and the duty statements i'm providing and getting signed by employers adds up to about 13 out of the past 18 months (phew i'm cuttin it fine!!!). I will be a bag of nerves when this visa gets submitted.

Lynn

hiya lynn,
I feel your pain!!
as the nice chappie from go matilda said, as long as you can demonstrate on paper your 12 out of 18 months at 20+ hours per week, it doesnt matter if they are from1 job or 100. you will be fine.

as for your duties as an agency nurse, simple;
1. Take delegated duties from nurse in charge,
2. Care for a group of patients as directed by nurse in charge,
3. Assess, implement, monitor and evaluate care for allocated patietns in the period of the shift,
4. Give care according to patients needs, including basic needs such as hygiene, dressing etc, specific individual treatments (eg if you are skilled in areas such as giving chemo, haemodialysis,APD, etc), drug adminsitration (put in if you do IV's) and individual patient documentation (you could put in here about how you deal with the differing patient kardexes in the different areas you work in eg, computer record keeping, written documentation).
5. Take temporary charge of ward as directed by nurse in charge .

hope you arent stressing too much!!

sue
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=RAG62]Hi,
Is the housing market flat where you are? We haven't put ours on the market yet - not sure when is best but probably wait 'til medicals requested. Waiting is the hard part.

Hi Richard,
the housing market has gone flat during the winter here where i live,although lots more have gone on the market ,we have had approx 6 viewings and one offer that we were prepared to drop5k as long as they paid for any work if it needed,they declined so we lost out on that one.we live central to the village with the park at the top of the street with lots of playing fields,schools close by and also the canal and train line that is 20 mins from manchester,so we are quietly confident that come spring someone will want our house,only downfall is ,no lawned garden or off road parking but its a quiet street anyway and everyone parks in their own little spot!
if i were you i'd ask at the estate agent to see how houses are going near you,once you get an offer it will probably take3-4 months to complete therfore coinciding with visa,hopefully!!!
debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.