So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hi Lynn

Dont know about the Austimeline thing.. cant remember if I am on there, I think I am but its been such a long time ago now Trouble is once you are out here, you very quickly forget all the hassles of ANC and DIMIA and NMC etc etc. And believe me, it is all worth it in the end.

I dont know why people dont frontload their applications especially in jobs on the MODL, maybe it is just a risk they dont want to take. One thing which I do think helped mine was that I spent ages getting it just right. I am quite an organized person anyway, but I did a sort of index on A4 just to highlight the different sections - sounds a bit corny but I thought I made it a bit easier for them, they might look favourably on me! I had heard of people just putting on the forms in together and it being a bit disorganized and I know if I was working for DIMIA I would be grateful for an application that looked neat and organized.

Another thing I did was to get someone else to check the application for mistakes, someone objective who had nothing to do with it. Sometimes others can pick up something so obvious but which you cant see yourself. I read it through time and time again before I posted it off.

Like you say though, Lynn, I think we were just very very lucky and our application was there at the right time. I have my fingers crossed that your QNC registration will come through soon and then you can get your modified assessment sorted out. Will you front load?
Frontloading needs to be defined .... If you're going to send Meds at the same time as the application, remember meds go to Sydney now, and the main app to Adelaide ....
Meds in Sydney without a file reference number???? :scared:

Jez
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:34 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn

Dont know about the Austimeline thing.. cant remember if I am on there, I think I am but its been such a long time ago now Trouble is once you are out here, you very quickly forget all the hassles of ANC and DIMIA and NMC etc etc. And believe me, it is all worth it in the end.

I dont know why people dont frontload their applications especially in jobs on the MODL, maybe it is just a risk they dont want to take. One thing which I do think helped mine was that I spent ages getting it just right. I am quite an organized person anyway, but I did a sort of index on A4 just to highlight the different sections - sounds a bit corny but I thought I made it a bit easier for them, they might look favourably on me! I had heard of people just putting on the forms in together and it being a bit disorganized and I know if I was working for DIMIA I would be grateful for an application that looked neat and organized.

Another thing I did was to get someone else to check the application for mistakes, someone objective who had nothing to do with it. Sometimes others can pick up something so obvious but which you cant see yourself. I read it through time and time again before I posted it off.

Like you say though, Lynn, I think we were just very very lucky and our application was there at the right time. I have my fingers crossed that your QNC registration will come through soon and then you can get your modified assessment sorted out. Will you front load?
GOT MY QUEENSLAND NURSING REGISTRATION TODAY!!!!!!! So chuffed, and now have a lovely shiny gold queensland nursing council badge. Solicitor will certify my QNC reg docs tomorrow, and i'm DHL'ing my ANMC modified on Saturday am!!!!!!!!

Things are moving, and that was a quick turnover for Queensland reg.

Thanks for the advice - I think i'll def frontload medicals and police checks, providing they are going to the same place as I see Jez's point.

Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
GOT MY QUEENSLAND NURSING REGISTRATION TODAY!!!!!!! So chuffed, and now have a lovely shiny gold queensland nursing council badge. Solicitor will certify my QNC reg docs tomorrow, and i'm DHL'ing my ANMC modified on Saturday am!!!!!!!!

Things are moving, and that was a quick turnover for Queensland reg.

Thanks for the advice - I think i'll def frontload medicals and police checks, providing they are going to the same place as I see Jez's point.

Lynn
Congratulations Lynn I would check and see for sure where medicals go. When we applied, everything went to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. Wonder why they would change things - seems stupid to have one part of an application in a different state Anyway good luck, its all falling into place now!
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Why did you do a full assessment? I hope your application gets away soon, if you have a job offer I reckon it will happen quicker for you. I feel like i'm stuck in limbo at the minute, especially with the xmas hols coming up - no point in doing anything then. I would of hoped to send ANMC modified assessment before xmas buts its looking less and less likely unless I get something back from QNC this week.

Lynn
ps 'patience is a virtue'
Hi Lynn
sent full asessment before knowing about this site!! but whats a few extra quid eh?
also got police checks back today(2and half weeks)and copy of decree absolute,just need new passport now.
debs

Last edited by purple swatch; Dec 16th 2004 at 8:19 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi Lynn
sent full asessment before knowing about this site!! but whats a few extra quid eh?
also got police checks back today(2and half weeks)and copy of decree absolute,just need new passport now.
debs
Yeah a few extra quid dosen't matter if things have moved quickly for you. Your application sounds almost ready now - good luck and let us know when its away!

Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:32 pm

Hi Lynn

I frontloaded my application to DIMIA with medicals, police checks, modified skills assessment etc. and got my permanent residency visa issued 17 days after they received the application. Its a risk you take as you may need to redo meds etc but I was a bit impatient too I didnt have a job offer either! Just very lucky I think. Good luck
Rumbletum. Just a very quick question to see if you can help. I was checking over my completed modified ANMC assessment and it says to enclose certified copy of QLD registration certificate and practising license - no probs with that but just below it it says you must get verification of CURRENT registration sent directly from the nursing authority to ANMC. As its in the same section I presume it means get QNC to send verification to ANMC - am I right? (I am currently registered with NMC and Queensland now!) I have already asked NMC to send verification to ANMC months ago.

Any advice would be appreciated

Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Rumbletum. Just a very quick question to see if you can help. I was checking over my completed modified ANMC assessment and it says to enclose certified copy of QLD registration certificate and practising license - no probs with that but just below it it says you must get verification of CURRENT registration sent directly from the nursing authority to ANMC. As its in the same section I presume it means get QNC to send verification to ANMC - am I right? (I am currently registered with NMC and Queensland now!) I have already asked NMC to send verification to ANMC months ago.

Any advice would be appreciated

Lynn

Yes thats right Lynn, strange as it may seem, the QNC will have to send verification to ANCI also. The QNC will send the verification directly to ANCI - for NSW Board to do this it cost me $5 for what is called Interstate Verification. I dont know if it costs the same in Queensland, I expect it probably does. I actually just emailed the nurses board in NSW and asked them to do this and then they asked me to send letter with the $5 fee. I then just typed out a letter with my mastercard number for the fee to be taken, they sent a receipt and that was that.

A little word of warning though about NMC - I got them to do the verification in the very early stages and then later I found out from ANC that they hadnt got it so I had to ring NMC and have another one done. They were great though and didnt charge again even though she said £34 fee covers 5 verifications in a three month period and I had gone outside that time scale.

Good Luck - seems you may be doing a few emails over the next few days!
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

ranjit05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still debating about frontloading DIMIA application. Looking at Austimeline if you don't frontload visa's for skilled independent seem to be taking 6-7 months. If you frontload you could be talking 1-4 months (yes 1 month for one lucky bu**er with a job offer, don't know if it was frontloaded!)

Hi all

My first post on this forum and I have to ask a moronic question -
what is frontloading the DIMIA aplication?

Yes, I am utterly embarrassed to expose my ignorance about such, I believe, rudimentary terms.

while I am here, would someone guide me about my (Nurse) wife's chances of getting imigration to any European country or New Zealand.

She would have got PR in Oz but low score in IELTS (overall 6).

Thanks in anticipation.

cheers

Ranjit
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:28 am

Yes thats right Lynn, strange as it may seem, the QNC will have to send verification to ANCI also. The QNC will send the verification directly to ANCI - for NSW Board to do this it cost me $5 for what is called Interstate Verification. I dont know if it costs the same in Queensland, I expect it probably does. I actually just emailed the nurses board in NSW and asked them to do this and then they asked me to send letter with the $5 fee. I then just typed out a letter with my mastercard number for the fee to be taken, they sent a receipt and that was that.

A little word of warning though about NMC - I got them to do the verification in the very early stages and then later I found out from ANC that they hadnt got it so I had to ring NMC and have another one done. They were great though and didnt charge again even though she said £34 fee covers 5 verifications in a three month period and I had gone outside that time scale.

Cheers for that. I e-mailed registrations at QNC last night just in case asking them to send verification to ANMC and giving them my nurse ID no etc etc for my QLD reg. Not heard anything back yet, not sure how long it will take to get a reply! Will still sent stuff to ANMC Sat and i'm sure they will marry the verificationup when they get it

Thanks again
Lynn
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ranjit05
Still debating about frontloading DIMIA application. Looking at Austimeline if you don't frontload visa's for skilled independent seem to be taking 6-7 months. If you frontload you could be talking 1-4 months (yes 1 month for one lucky bu**er with a job offer, don't know if it was frontloaded!)

Hi all

My first post on this forum and I have to ask a moronic question -
what is frontloading the DIMIA aplication?

Yes, I am utterly embarrassed to expose my ignorance about such, I believe, rudimentary terms.

while I am here, would someone guide me about my (Nurse) wife's chances of getting imigration to any European country or New Zealand.

She would have got PR in Oz but low score in IELTS (overall 6).

Thanks in anticipation.

cheers

Ranjit
Hi Ranjit

Frontloading is when you send police checks and medicals with your visa application to DIMIA without DIMIA requesting them. I'm sorry I can't help you with advice about your wife - as far as I know she would have to PASS an IELTS test to satisfy DIMIA, that her level of English is good enought to work in Australia. What country are you both from? Are you living in the UK just now? Maybe you could discuss your situation with a migration agent if your application is going to be a bit complicated?

Good luck! Where are you thinking of moving to in australia?

Lynn
Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi Lynn

how are things, well we are still waiting and waiting and waiting for med and police checks, wont be until after xmas now i expect as everyone is on holiday,

Jackie
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:17 am
Just Joined

ranjit05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ranjit

Frontloading is when you send police checks and medicals with your visa application to DIMIA without DIMIA requesting them. I'm sorry I can't help you with advice about your wife - as far as I know she would have to PASS an IELTS test to satisfy DIMIA, that her level of English is good enought to work in Australia. What country are you both from? Are you living in the UK just now? Maybe you could discuss your situation with a migration agent if your application is going to be a bit complicated?

Good luck! Where are you thinking of moving to in australia?

Lynn

Thanks for you reply about Frontloading Lynn.

So one can undergo medical and xray tests even before DIMIA has asked for them?

where would the panel doctors send results of these unsolicited (by the DIMIA), to the applicant or the DIMIA?

we are in Oz and my wife is working as Assistant Nurse for really long now. Just wondering if we can get information about Migration (as a Nurse) to countries like Ireland, Sweden, etc.

appreciate your response, thanks

Ranjit
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I frontloaded my application with the PCC's, the docs posted the medicals a few days later (would not let us send them), I put a covering letter in with visa application stating the medicals were being sent separate giving details of name of docs and date medicals were done.

Lisa
Old Dec 19th 2004, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh this has been the LONGEST two weeks since CO emailed me the letter has been sent....it still has not arrived. A request for resend may be in order. I guess it is not meant to be for me to apply to DIMIA before January now. I think Monday while I am out I will get the money orders required to apply for FBI and state pcc so I can go ahead and send those requests off. Good thing I already have grey hair so I don't have to worry about going grey with all the stress of trying to remain patient LOL!!! Merry Christmas everyone
txmogga
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:43 am

Rumbletum - got e-mail back from QNC today and they want $55 AUD to send verification to ANMC
Its only 21 pound - but was quite surprised they wanted as much. oh well has to be done, no one said this business was cheap. Still saving money doing the modified assesment anyway even with that!
My DHL stuff is away to ANMC today - fingers crossed I hear something quickly in the new year!

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.