So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Dec 13th 2004, 4:14 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So what stage is everyone at now!?

Hi everyone!

Well no QNC registration recieved yet through the post today

Thats 10 working days today (recieved in Brisbane on 29th november)

Am I being too impatient? - think this could be one hell of an experience - what am I going to be like with modified ANMC and DIMIA!!!

Still debating about frontloading DIMIA application. Looking at Austimeline if you don't frontload visa's for skilled independent seem to be taking 6-7 months. If you frontload you could be talking 1-4 months (yes 1 month for one lucky bu**er with a job offer, don't know if it was frontloaded!)

We are off to Brisbane hopefully in November 2005 (me, hubby and dog Poppy)

Lynn
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:38 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Know it's cheaper to do the other way but I had my ANMC registration in one month which was not bad going and can apply for Queensland at my leisure now. Got couple of job applications out of curiosity from Queensland and think this site might be of help to you in future Lynn as gives more info about Queensland nursing:

http://www.jobs.qld.gov.au/help/infoAppl.asp

Job applications seemed fairly normal until I got to supporting info which included local shops, local clubs including the local rodeo club and several local history things….oh this is going to be a different life alright… .ie

POINTS OF INTEREST
_ The Tree of Knowledge
_ Shearer’s Strike Camp
_ Australian Worker’s Heritage Centre
_ Folk Museum
_ Bicentennial Park Botanical Walk
_ Historic Working Windmill
_ Historic Bore Site
_ Mad Mick’s funny Farm

Would you ever get Mad Mick’s funny Farm mentioned in Job info????... :scared: .

Your original question…my visa’s there and haven’t heard anything else yet…will be medical request hopefully when I do.

Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Know it's cheaper to do the other way but I had my ANMC registration in one month which was not bad going and can apply for Queensland at my leisure now. Got couple of job applications out of curiosity from Queensland and think this site might be of help to you in future Lynn as gives more info about Queensland nursing:

http://www.jobs.qld.gov.au/help/infoAppl.asp

Job applications seemed fairly normal until I got to supporting info which included local shops, local clubs including the local rodeo club and several local history things….oh this is going to be a different life alright… .ie

POINTS OF INTEREST
_ The Tree of Knowledge
_ Shearer’s Strike Camp
_ Australian Worker’s Heritage Centre
_ Folk Museum
_ Bicentennial Park Botanical Walk
_ Historic Working Windmill
_ Historic Bore Site
_ Mad Mick’s funny Farm

Would you ever get Mad Mick’s funny Farm mentioned in Job info????... :scared: .

Your original question…my visa’s there and haven’t heard anything else yet…will be medical request hopefully when I do.
I know the full ANMC assessment was best 4 you - i'm not in any rush though, as won't have enought money till end of next year anyway. The QNC do process in 10 days on the web, I am just getting impatient as its prob in the post (snail mail!!!). The ANMC really do rip people off with what they charge for full assessment (and they also keep the fact you can apply to state 1st very quiet!), and you have to register at some point anyway. Adding it all up I save a lot of money, and don't care if it makes a couple of weeks difference to my overall application - will be dammed if I am throwing my hard warned cash at ANMC. Also modified assessment meant to be quicker than full.
You have done whats right for you Ann - but its good to let others know what options they have, if you have a bit more time to play with.

Did you frontload?

Yes that jobs applications a bit weird!!! Never seen anything like that in Scotland!!!! lol

Lynn
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:53 pm
ad4ozz

Have front loaded everything but the medicals. Give us time to cut down drink and get fitter.

Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:59 pm

Have front loaded everything but the medicals. Give us time to cut down drink and get fitter.
Are you just going to wait for them to ask you for medicals?

What format do you follow for meds? Is there a form to be filled in? Haven't really looked into that side of things yet. Marcs skills assessment for engineering was sent at the same time as my QNC, he has also had his card debited and a reciept through the post, they also asked if the person that signed the docs was a solicitor! The certified docs were stamped with "solicitor and notaries"!!!! So I guess that means it is being processed and shouldn't be long.

Its a waiting game isn't it!
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:04 pm
ad4ozz

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Are you just going to wait for them to ask you for medicals?

What format do you follow for meds? Is there a form to be filled in? Haven't really looked into that side of things yet. Marcs skills assessment for engineering was sent at the same time as my QNC, he has also had his card debited and a reciept through the post, they also asked if the person that signed the docs was a solicitor! The certified docs were stamped with "solicitor and notaries"!!!! So I guess that means it is being processed and shouldn't be long.

Its a waiting game isn't it!
You need to send an email requesting forms for medicals is at bottom of page on one of the skilled idependant DIMIA bits. Only way to get is email request and they post them out. You also need forms 80 each as well as the 47k's and 136 checklists to go in front of 47k's...if that all makes sense... . Forms 80 ask your career history from leaving school including any gaps.

We sent stuff signed by Notary and was all OK'd so far.

Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

You need to send an email requesting forms for medicals is at bottom of page on one of the skilled idependant DIMIA bits. Only way to get is email request and they post them out. You also need forms 80 each as well as the 47k's and 136 checklists to go in front of 47k's...if that all makes sense... . Forms 80 ask your career history from leaving school including any gaps.

We sent stuff signed by Notary and was all OK'd so far.

:scared: OK its gets serious from today onwards!!

We are using an agent, save some greying of hair! lol and today was the day that the 136 application form left our sweaty palms on its way to the agent ready to catch the courier for Aus tomorrow.

So now I think I can officially start to get nervous, with more nervous pangs booked for when the cc is debited!!!!! oh God gonna have to dust off the Gin over Xmas. We front loaded with the police checks and I am booking the meds on wednesday for Jan.

So to us and lets all enjoy what could possibly our last British Christmas for a while!!!

Charlie
Old Dec 14th 2004, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone!

Am I being too impatient? - think this could be one hell of an experience - what am I going to be like with modified ANMC and DIMIA!!!

Still debating about frontloading DIMIA application. Looking at Austimeline if you don't frontload visa's for skilled independent seem to be taking 6-7 months. If you frontload you could be talking 1-4 months (yes 1 month for one lucky bu**er with a job offer, don't know if it was frontloaded!)

Lynn
Hi Lynn

I frontloaded my application to DIMIA with medicals, police checks, modified skills assessment etc. and got my permanent residency visa issued 17 days after they received the application. Its a risk you take as you may need to redo meds etc but I was a bit impatient too I didnt have a job offer either! Just very lucky I think. Good luck
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone!

Lynn
Hi Lynn
My QNC took about 2-3 weeks,they don't send it by any special delivery ,just need to look for the airmail letter!.We can now apply for visa as the ANMC letter of approval came a few days after that(full assessment)the NMC took 6 weeks to do a transcript of training but didn't have the records so they sent a standard letter from my year of training(1989).
What we need now is new passport for hubbby as it expires in june,and a copy of his decree absolute from the courts,it's in such a safe place we can't find it! we also applied for police checks on fri 26 nov,no news yet.we will wait for news to have medicals as i have a fear that they will not get tallied up with our application if we front loaded.looking to send application after xmas now ,time to get rid of all xmas post in the system!!PS also got a job offer at Greenslopes hospital close to the city centre of Brisbane,should have an updated fax today ready to send with application.
debs andy and blaine.

Last edited by purple swatch; Dec 14th 2004 at 8:53 am. Reason: additional sentence
Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:12 pm

Good to hear from everyone!

No QNC application today but then again just recieved 5 envelopes/ letters a month old TODAY! Just off the phone to Royal mail demanding to know why - they are going to start an enquiry. My recent mail seems to be coming through ok though. Bloody royal mail

Working all day today 8.30-9.30 so won't be on forum much today.

Speak later

Lynn
Old Dec 14th 2004, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

purple swatch

Reading of your job offer at Greenslopes brought back fond memories for me. I stayed at a place a few years back ( I think it was Greenslopes Motor Inn) that was on a hill that overlooked the hospital. At night I would sit outside and look at the stars and the lights all around me. The roof of the hospital had a huge cross that was lit up and easy to see. Cool, hey!!! Brisbane is a stunningly beautiful city at night. Do go have dinner after dark at one of the restaurants along the river. There are all different color lights reflecting off the water....oooohhhh I better stop it now before I cry!!!
txmogga
Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hi Lynn

I frontloaded my application to DIMIA with medicals, police checks, modified skills assessment etc. and got my permanent residency visa issued 17 days after they received the application. Its a risk you take as you may need to redo meds etc but I was a bit impatient too I didnt have a job offer either! Just very lucky I think. Good luck
You were very very lucky getting it granted so fast!!! What did you do? Bribe them!!?

Was it you i read about on Austimeline!?

Why does everyone not frontload medicals and policechecks? What can go wrong if its all enclosed in the same package? I am still trying to weigh up what to do.

Congrats anyway,
Lynn
Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:29 pm

Thumbs down Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

ps. still no mail delivery today of QNC Registration. Bad time of year with all the xmas mail probably.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi Lynn
My QNC took about 2-3 weeks,they don't send it by any special delivery ,just need to look for the airmail letter!.We can now apply for visa as the ANMC letter of approval came a few days after that(full assessment)the NMC took 6 weeks to do a transcript of training but didn't have the records so they sent a standard letter from my year of training(1989).
What we need now is new passport for hubbby as it expires in june,and a copy of his decree absolute from the courts,it's in such a safe place we can't find it! we also applied for police checks on fri 26 nov,no news yet.we will wait for news to have medicals as i have a fear that they will not get tallied up with our application if we front loaded.looking to send application after xmas now ,time to get rid of all xmas post in the system!!PS also got a job offer at Greenslopes hospital close to the city centre of Brisbane,should have an updated fax today ready to send with application.
debs andy and blaine.
Why did you do a full assessment? I hope your application gets away soon, if you have a job offer I reckon it will happen quicker for you. I feel like i'm stuck in limbo at the minute, especially with the xmas hols coming up - no point in doing anything then. I would of hoped to send ANMC modified assessment before xmas buts its looking less and less likely unless I get something back from QNC this week.

Lynn
ps 'patience is a virtue'
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

You were very very lucky getting it granted so fast!!! What did you do? Bribe them!!?

Was it you i read about on Austimeline!?

Why does everyone not frontload medicals and policechecks? What can go wrong if its all enclosed in the same package? I am still trying to weigh up what to do.

Congrats anyway,
Lynn
Hi Lynn

Dont know about the Austimeline thing.. cant remember if I am on there, I think I am but its been such a long time ago now Trouble is once you are out here, you very quickly forget all the hassles of ANC and DIMIA and NMC etc etc. And believe me, it is all worth it in the end.

I dont know why people dont frontload their applications especially in jobs on the MODL, maybe it is just a risk they dont want to take. One thing which I do think helped mine was that I spent ages getting it just right. I am quite an organized person anyway, but I did a sort of index on A4 just to highlight the different sections - sounds a bit corny but I thought I made it a bit easier for them, they might look favourably on me! I had heard of people just putting on the forms in together and it being a bit disorganized and I know if I was working for DIMIA I would be grateful for an application that looked neat and organized.

Another thing I did was to get someone else to check the application for mistakes, someone objective who had nothing to do with it. Sometimes others can pick up something so obvious but which you cant see yourself. I read it through time and time again before I posted it off.

Like you say though, Lynn, I think we were just very very lucky and our application was there at the right time. I have my fingers crossed that your QNC registration will come through soon and then you can get your modified assessment sorted out. Will you front load?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.