So frustrated - modified assessment

Old May 23rd 2007, 9:03 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy So frustrated - modified assessment

I was really looking forward to sending off my modified skills assessment having got my registration through from the NBV. I have my registration certificate.
However I now have a problem. The NBV say I won't get a licence to practice until I reregister in December.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I was under the impression that it was fine to register with the state board first then do a modified assessment but now it looks like I'm going to have to start all over again and do a full assessment with the ANMC.
I feel like crying I'm so frustrated
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: So frustrated - modified assessment

Originally Posted by Kapri
I was really looking forward to sending off my modified skills assessment having got my registration through from the NBV. I have my registration certificate.
However I now have a problem. The NBV say I won't get a licence to practice until I reregister in December.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I was under the impression that it was fine to register with the state board first then do a modified assessment but now it looks like I'm going to have to start all over again and do a full assessment with the ANMC.
I feel like crying I'm so frustrated
Did you try the advise given when you asked last time?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=NBV+problem

Do they mean they physically will not send you the licence (credit card size) until December? If you are registered,why will they not send you the licence? What have they said to you in your calls/emails etc.

doesn't make sense as its only a small bit of paper, but you need it for the modified.

Ade S
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:40 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

ANMC haven't replied to either of my emails and when I phoned I got an answer machine.
I am staying up tonight to try again.

The NBV don't seem to have a clue about what's needed by the ANMC.
One woman told me that they didn't send verifications I finally got that sorted out but the next woman told me a verification request wasn't suitable for me as I had never worked in Australia and so they couldn't vouch for my good character

The time difference just makes everything so much more frustrating. I know it will get sorted eventually with phone calls / emails etc but I just can't understand why the NBV don't know about these things
Surely they deal with it all the time?
That's why I was wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The modified assessment route is not necessarily a simpler one for those applying offshore. A lot of people here push it very hard, despite that. Part of the problem is that some state boards are more "difficult" to deal with than others.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road

In view of what JAJ has said, does anyone have any history with the NBWA? Are they more on the ball?
Old May 24th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
In view of what JAJ has said, does anyone have any history with the NBWA? Are they more on the ball?
Why not go with the Nurses Board of South Australia?

http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/reg_oen.html

I had absolutley no problems with them and your documents dont need to be certified, so saves a couple of quid!

Ade S
Old May 24th 2007, 8:08 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
I didn't go down the modified route but have found the NBWA ok (as beauracratic orgs go)

They answer E- mails after a couple of days generally.

Going the skills assessment way was simple - I got the ANC to send everything thru to NBWA (which they did by overnight courier!) so I didn't have to repeat paperwork.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road

Have just checked out NBSA and they are also cheaper than WA!
Old May 26th 2007, 8:49 am
Happy migrant

It looks like the ANMC are aware that NBV don't immediately supply the licence and this is ok with them.
Fingers crosses I'm back on track.
FWIW - i think it would have been much simpler to do skills assessment with ANMC then applied for registration. You would then be waiting for registration at the same time as you would wait for your visa.
By registering with the nurses board first you then have to wait for skills assessment then visa.
Old May 26th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thats right Kath, but it all depends on time and money. If you want to do the cheaper option, and dont mind waiting a little longer then registration then modified assessment is the way.

If you want to have it done as quickly as posssible then do the full assessment...its more costly and more work but as you say its quicker.

Each to there own
Old May 28th 2007, 7:49 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by paulb
Thats right Kath, but it all depends on time and money. If you want to do the cheaper option, and dont mind waiting a little longer then registration then modified assessment is the way.

If you want to have it done as quickly as posssible then do the full assessment...its more costly and more work but as you say its quicker.

Each to there own
You're right Paul. In the long run I'll be glad I saved on the cost.
I was feeling very frustrated when I posted this thread but I'm fine again now
Old May 28th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

You're right Paul. In the long run I'll be glad I saved on the cost.
I was feeling very frustrated when I posted this thread but I'm fine again now
Good