Selection criteria help

Old Apr 24th 2017, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of
Default Selection criteria help

Hi, just wondering if there's anybody around that can help with selection criteria for a job application?

I'm a nurse applying to a Queensland Health job. For some reason I thought QH didn't use the selection criteria anymore. The one I'm looking at has a - how you will be assessed - section. I have been in touch with someone about writing a cover letter and she wants $220.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if there's anybody good at answering these questions and do you just roll the answers into your cover letter? Example, explaining what you did in a previous role, while making sure to hit the points on the 'selection criteria' within your paragraph. Should I just pay someone to write my cover letter?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selection criteria help

I work for QH and my covering letter was really basic. First paragraph was thanking them for considering my application for the post. Second paragraph briefly discusses how my current CV demonstrates what a good candidate I am. Third paragraph current experience and summarised with any service development, committee work etc.

As with all applications you have to cover the essential criteria and if you manage that you should get shortlisted. QH jobs are highly sought after so just sell yourself and assuming that you have the required skills you should get shortlisted.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

Thank you for your feedback steven9818, I will take all that into consideration and rewrite what I currently have :-)
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paularn
Thank you for your feedback steven9818, I will take all that into consideration and rewrite what I currently have :-)

If you PM me I would be happy to email you what I sent with my application
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steven9818
If you PM me I would be happy to email you what I sent with my application

That would be wonderful. I think I just need to see an example and then I can take it from there. I can always show you my end result :-)

Thank you so much. I'll pm you my email address.