Saudi Here I Come

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of
Post Saudi Here I Come

After months of silence on my part I thought to let you know I'd been offered a post in Jeddah. I've put the USA option on hold while I get things together for moving in June. Anyone who wants to share info on experiences/ wages/ lifestyle/ benefits/ problems etc can PM me if they prefer. All info positive or negative welcomed. Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:31 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Here I Come

Originally Posted by madmidwife
After months of silence on my part I thought to let you know I'd been offered a post in Jeddah. I've put the USA option on hold while I get things together for moving in June. Anyone who wants to share info on experiences/ wages/ lifestyle/ benefits/ problems etc can PM me if they prefer. All info positive or negative welcomed. Thanks
no info or anything just congratulations and I hope it works out ok for you
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all

Are you a female? Curious how that would work to female nurses. Are non resident females still required to wear the full body garb? Do you just hire a driver to take you around?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Brav
Are you a female? Curious how that would work to female nurses. Are non resident females still required to wear the full body garb? Do you just hire a driver to take you around?
Yes I'm female. Been told that the abaya only needs to be worn in public areas e.g. shopping malls, restuarants etc. At work its a tunic and trouser uniform and in the compound its normal 'western' clothing. There are buses to malls, taxis recommended by the employer are used and offer a discount apparently.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Hope the pay is very good, ya wouldn't get me out in Saudi for love nor money. Good Luck
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by owen
Hope the pay is very good, ya wouldn't get me out in Saudi for love nor money. Good Luck
Tax free, no bills, 2 airline tkts a year (1 to point of hire, 1 to other), annual bonus. Other more liberal countries only a plane ride away - good social life for expats despite the restricted lifestyle.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:10 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

When you going? And are the wages as good as I hear? What about the language barrier? Are you going with family? What is safety like? Models of care? Thanks Babycatcher
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi

i know a midwife in saudi been there fir 4 years now and loves it...she is MINTED!!!....last year she bought her daughter in uk a 4 bed house CASH...

good luck to you and i hope you enjoy it

debbie
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

heard good and know VERY bad things about Saudi/nursing...

just like childbirth really, some people delight in telling you their horrah stories and others insist it is like shelling peas and down to positive attitude...

However....

Their human right record is criminal... be careful and get what you can from the experience.

Goodluck...