"Salary Packaging" for nurses

Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default "Salary Packaging" for nurses

How much will my take home pay be as a Registered Nurse with 3 years experience? I think I will be on RNO1-level3 or something.
I have read all about this salary packaging but dont know how much I will earn in my hand!
...which is kind of important with three kids...and trying to work out mortgage
affordability.
We are moving to Qld.
Cheers
Alan
x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:56 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Salary Packaging" for nurses

if you go to the aus tax office website they have a calculator - i think its osmehting like www.ato.com.au - not sure thats right but google it and you wil find the right addy.
you put in your salary and it will give you an estimate of what you will pay tax wise.
im sure someone will be along shortly to give you thier own personal experience though
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know much about it, but have recently started yet another job and was given a leaflet on it, i know its something that if its offered you should take, as it increases your disposable income, the website of the company that the hospital uses for their salary packaging is

www.msa-online.com.au, you might get more info there.

This is one of the tables on the leaflet.

Joanne earns a gross salary of $60,000 pa and has decided to salary package the maximum allowble amont of $9.095 towards herr mortgage repayments.

Item / Not packaging / Packaging

Annual Salary / $60,000 / $60,000

Less pre-tax $0 / $9,095
mortgage repayments /

Fringe Beneits Tax $0 / $0
(FBT) /

Taxable Salary / $60,000 / $50,905

Less Tax $14,250 / $11,385
(inc medicare levy) /

Net Cash Salary / $45,750 / $39,520

Less post-tax $9,095 / $0
mortgage repayments /

Disposable Salary / $36,655 / $39,520

Benefit per annum / $0 / $2,805

Benefit per fortnight / $0 / $110

Last edited by Margaret3; Nov 8th 2007 at 4:07 am.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

thats really useful guide thanks I have been looking into salary sacrificing too. apart from mortage/rent and laptop what else can you sacrifice. I thought I read somewhere that it may be possible to include school fee for private ed but might have misunderstood this.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:53 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
How much will my take home pay be as a Registered Nurse with 3 years experience? I think I will be on RNO1-level3 or something.
I have read all about this salary packaging but dont know how much I will earn in my hand!
...which is kind of important with three kids...and trying to work out mortgage
affordability.
We are moving to Qld.
Cheers
Alan
x
Info on QLD Health for wages etc. is here, salary sacrificing well worth it but watch if you get a job with private hospital you don't always get as much as QLD health... http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/salary.asp
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by annqldau
Info on QLD Health for wages etc. is here, salary sacrificing well worth it but watch if you get a job with private hospital you don't always get as much as QLD health... http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/salary.asp
HI GUYS,

SORRY IF I SOUND A BIT THICK BUT WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT. i am a nurse qulaified for 16yrs, 11yrs A&E,4yrs anticoagulant CNS. what or how do i work out what my salary would be or could be. heading for melbourne.

Diane
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by posh10
HI GUYS,

SORRY IF I SOUND A BIT THICK BUT WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT. i am a nurse qulaified for 16yrs, 11yrs A&E,4yrs anticoagulant CNS. what or how do i work out what my salary would be or could be. heading for melbourne.

Diane
Your salary will depend on what job you are offered.

Previouse experience will count for very little and most nurses will be offered a level 1 post with an increment based on years of experience.

Higher grades are possible but you will have to apply for and compete for such posts.

salary sacrificing is a way of offsetting part of your pay against tax and is used as an incentive to take up a particular post.

G
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:47 am

HI GUYS,

Diane
Also depends on if you are in private sector or public.

Public or supposed to honour time served in UK to work out wages but won't give you long service leave on this basis...
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

cheers everyone. oh well, never mind. so whats the best private or public sector in oz.
Diane
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:28 pm

cheers everyone. oh well, never mind. so whats the best private or public sector in oz.
Diane
Same as where you live I bet, most people will think which ever sector they work in is best.

I've found public sector fine.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annqldau
Same as where you live I bet, most people will think which ever sector they work in is best.

I've found public sector fine.
gr8. thanks for all the info. to be honest will go for public. already sending my cv to melbourne public hospitals. how is nursing over their. ie ratio staf to pt. what are the A&E depts like. if i head for ae is there anything partic i need to be hot on.

Diane x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:31 pm

gr8. thanks for all the info. to be honest will go for public. already sending my cv to melbourne public hospitals. how is nursing over their. ie ratio staf to pt. what are the A&E depts like. if i head for ae is there anything partic i need to be hot on.

Diane x
Melbourne should be getting more nurses as that was part of the stop the strike agreement to increase staff and pay.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

.. not that that will increase the number of nurses who want to work in the public system!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by augigi
.. not that that will increase the number of nurses who want to work in the public system!
why having worked in both systems in melbourne,public wins hands down for me
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Diane x
diane see my thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493927

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.