royal brisbane or PA- itu

Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough
Default royal brisbane or PA- itu

i have been offered a job at the royal brisbane hospital in itu, i arrive in brisbane on 27th feb and start work at the royal on 15th march. i am hopefully going to have an interview at the PA when i arrive. just wanted advise if anybody new which one out of the two is a better hospital to work for i.e training opportunities, pay, education . . . . .

any one have any ideas on pay scales for nurses in australia as cant remember what they said at my interview as it was in october over the phone. i have just under 2 years work experience in itu in the UK. dose your pay go up yearly or do you have to go through gate ways like in the uk (once you have completed a course).

anyone out there working at either hospitals that can offer me any advise or tips.

also in the offering letter the royal brisbane sent me they said i was to buy a navy pair of trousers and a white shirt, to me that is more like a office uniform not a nursing uniform, in the uk you are provided with a dress or trousers and tunic or you wear scrubs. do you think that i will be provided with a uniform once i get started or is this the uniform that nurses wear in australia ?

Many thanks

sarah x
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:27 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: royal brisbane or PA- itu

Sarah you could try posting this on Pomsinoz forum, there always seems to be lots of nurses on there. x
p.s could you let me know the reply - sounds like school uniform to me!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

I was also told navy trousers and white polo shirt if I didn't get the chance to get the uniform before I started work, from pictures I have seen a lot of nurses seem to wear white blouses and navy trousers - a lot different from here! Look at the picture on this website:
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rbwh/re...ecruitment.asp

I spend more time looking at pictures than reading I guess they would be cooler to work in than the tunics we wear... but they look like they work in a bank or somewhere...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:38 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by itsmylife
I was also told navy trousers and white polo shirt if I didn't get the chance to get the uniform before I started work, from pictures I have seen a lot of nurses seem to wear white blouses and navy trousers - a lot different from here! Look at the picture on this website:

I spend more time looking at pictures than reading I guess they would be cooler to work in than the tunics we wear... but they look like they work in a bank or somewhere...
LOL! I prefer the pictures too.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
Sarah you could try posting this on Pomsinoz forum, there always seems to be lots of nurses on there. x
p.s could you let me know the reply - sounds like school uniform to me!
lots of nurses on here too you know
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:04 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
lots of nurses on here too you know
Yeah, BE is my fave, I only pop into pomsinoz now and again.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lyx
LOL! I prefer the pictures too.
lol, i'm a "blah, blah, blah....ooooh pictures!" type person...
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Hi Sarah,

Firstly, congratulations on your move to Australia and on getting a job at the Royal Brisbane.

On your questions re pay, uniform etc., your pay will increase each year on the anniversary of your start date and many new starters wear navy trousers and white polo shirts at the beginning because it takes about 6 weeks to get your uniform once its ordered.

I work at the Mater so can't give any advice on those two hospitals but for me its been a good move.

Good luck

Kat xx
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by itsmylife

Hi

I looked at the pictures and what they are wearing was like the, so called, 'corporate uniform' we had at my hospital in Perth. You had to buy and launder that yourself. You could wear the standard hospital uniform (navy pants and white top), supplied and laundered by the hospital or you could wear your own clothes. I very mixed bunch really!

Kathryn