Roll call... who's where now?

Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Roll call... who's where now?

Been in Perth 3 months now and loving it. have been working in John of Gods in Subiaco but left last week to take a new job in Infectious Diseases (what I did in the U.K) in RPH. Daughter is loving it and settled really well in school. Cant imagine at this point that we will ever go back
Tracie
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:56 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Roll call... who's where now?

Still in Livingston, have just sold our house and hoping to be in Brisbane at the end of July. Still waiting for my references to get a job, hopefully soon.
Clairex
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:05 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Been in Perth 3 months now and loving it. have been working in John of Gods in Subiaco but left last week to take a new job in Infectious Diseases (what I did in the U.K) in RPH. Daughter is loving it and settled really well in school. Cant imagine at this point that we will ever go back
Tracie
After a brush with whooping cough over here think I'll steer clear of infectious diseases for now... .
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Arrived July 05 Started out as an educator at the Mater Mothers
Left after 4 months

Began full time PhD a year ago currently on a three month break and working as a casual midwife at Logan
Got used to things being different

found the right place for me for now at logan
living in Cleveland bought a house a year ago have 2 cats and a dog - everything really clicked into place for me when i went back to the UK in November last year
everything was exactly the same the same people moaning about the same things in the same place

really made me appreciate the fact that I had an opportunity to try something different and took it

really really glad that i did
still pinch myself everyday cos I cant beleive I am here

really good to catch up with peoples news

Mary
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:45 am
ozzies now love it!!!

roos is on a distinguished road

hi guys

not been on here for a long time.
arrived redlands south of brisbane june 04.became citizens this australia day.
work 3 days at local gps,really enjoying it now.
have done pap smear provider course and immunisation endorsement since arriving.
am a RN and Mid from england.

have settled really well,have not been back to uk,will go back in few years for a hoilday,best move ever coming here,love it.
have 4 kids 3 here one in uk,all settled well.

wish we had come earlier.
have great aussie friends,not so many from the mother land.!!!!

i wish you all lots of luck,its really worth the wait!!!!

roos
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:16 pm

Glad everyone doing well, keep it up.

Originally Posted by roos
hi guys

not been on here for a long time.
arrived redlands south of brisbane june 04.became citizens this australia day.
work 3 days at local gps,really enjoying it now.
have done pap smear provider course and immunisation endorsement since arriving.
am a RN and Mid from england.

have settled really well,have not been back to uk,will go back in few years for a hoilday,best move ever coming here,love it.
have 4 kids 3 here one in uk,all settled well.

wish we had come earlier.
have great aussie friends,not so many from the mother land.!!!!

i wish you all lots of luck,its really worth the wait!!!!

roos
Originally Posted by marysidey
Arrived July 05 Started out as an educator at the Mater Mothers
Left after 4 months

Began full time PhD a year ago currently on a three month break and working as a casual midwife at Logan
Got used to things being different

found the right place for me for now at logan
living in Cleveland bought a house a year ago have 2 cats and a dog - everything really clicked into place for me when i went back to the UK in November last year
everything was exactly the same the same people moaning about the same things in the same place

really made me appreciate the fact that I had an opportunity to try something different and took it

really really glad that i did
still pinch myself everyday cos I cant beleive I am here

really good to catch up with peoples news

Mary
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi! Have been here 13 months now and no regrets. Working as full time RN at Gosford NSW, more money for more junior position, more staff, more resources but some way behind UK for alot of things. However, very supportive atmosphere and a lot of practice development, both locally on ward and hospital wide, Enjoying my job much more here.

Am on PR with hubby, have bought a lovely house within minutes of the beach and first baby on way in 5 and a half weeks Am taking 28 weeks at half pay (instead of 14 full pay) and returning to work 2 days per week (weekends). This no problem even though ENS visa.

Have made some lovely friends and enjoying the lifestyle loads, so I'd say go for it to anyone thinking about it.

Good to hear how well everyones doing

Jo x
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:15 pm

Suppose they must have to make allowances for people on visas becoming pregnant as you can't work then even if you wanted to. Enjoy the time off and a nice local beach will come in handy for entertainment of a toddler.

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Hi! Have been here 13 months now and no regrets. Working as full time RN at Gosford NSW, more money for more junior position, more staff, more resources but some way behind UK for alot of things. However, very supportive atmosphere and a lot of practice development, both locally on ward and hospital wide, Enjoying my job much more here.

Am on PR with hubby, have bought a lovely house within minutes of the beach and first baby on way in 5 and a half weeks Am taking 28 weeks at half pay (instead of 14 full pay) and returning to work 2 days per week (weekends). This no problem even though ENS visa.

Have made some lovely friends and enjoying the lifestyle loads, so I'd say go for it to anyone thinking about it.

Good to hear how well everyones doing

Jo x
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ann.

I'm still here in the North East but heading out to Brisbane (at last) at the end of August.

Start work at the Royal Brisbane hopefully the beginning of October once I've got settled in. I've been really fortunate as I was interviewed for my job 2 years ago as thats when I was originally planning to come. I spoke to the manager the other day and she has said she still has a permanent post for me.

I'm so pleased. So, those of you who havent got a job yet. Dont worry they are out there.

Tracey.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Been in Melbourne for just over 2 years.

Working for Swingshift ...the Mental Health section of the Australian Nursing Agency, and loving it.

Never did agency nursing in the UK, but now that I am, I have no plans for a substantive post for the foreseeable....money is great, there is as much work as I want, being treated like one of the team wherever I work and the variation (though I mainly work in Adult Acute & Child and Adolecent wards) is keeping me motivated.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi Ann.

I'm still here in the North East but heading out to Brisbane (at last) at the end of August.

Start work at the Royal Brisbane hopefully the beginning of October once I've got settled in. I've been really fortunate as I was interviewed for my job 2 years ago as thats when I was originally planning to come. I spoke to the manager the other day and she has said she still has a permanent post for me.

I'm so pleased. So, those of you who havent got a job yet. Dont worry they are out there.

Tracey.
You must be going for longest start date on record... . I put Blue Care off by two weeks then didn't take the job...phew turned out to be good move (that was during the first few weeks of better get a job panick), turned out taking my time and finding right job was better plan.

Glad jobs still open, go for it...
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Ann .......as much as I know you that avatar is just a bit too muchits just not like you....so G tells me
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Ann .......as much as I know you that avatar is just a bit too muchits just not like you....so G tells me
He's never seen what I can do with a cold bottle, had to get it in before they changed the avatar rules... .

Nice cold beer and solidified milk dumplings together (think that's what they were memory getting foggy), nothing better.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

aaaaaaawwwww comme on, G told me exactly what you can do with a cold bottle.......same as him.....drink it!!!

Its the thought of other things that makes him think

Good old County Durham lass

Up the Boro
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by paulb
aaaaaaawwwww comme on, G told me exactly what you can do with a cold bottle.......same as him.....drink it!!!

Its the thought of other things that makes him think

Good old County Durham lass

Up the Boro

I'm a women of many talents and why waste good beer.

Can't take Durham out of the lass... .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.