RMN / Psych Nurses alternative jobs in Ontario

Old Jul 7th 2020, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

AlexandraDJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile RMN / Psych Nurses alternative jobs in Ontario

Thanks for reading my post. I am dual qualified as an RMN and SCPHN - Health Visitor, looking to move specifically to Ontario. I understand that it is extremely likely that I will need to complete additional modules or a bridging course in order to become a nurse out there. Whilst this is extremely disappointing as I have a lot of post qualifying experience at senior manager level too, it seems from these forums this kind of thing is not really recognised and I'm not keen on the idea of starting back at the bottom in temporary roles (lack of security worries me). I am also currently completing my PGCE.

I am wondering what sort of employment people seek whilst completing the modules / bridging course? Or whether its viable to use my nursing experience to work in a different setting or role completely and forget about nursing all together?

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.