Relocation packages

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice
Default Relocation packages

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has been offered/ accepted/ gone out on a relocation package. Am I correct in thinking that it is only WA who offers these?
The amount is supposedly around AD 20.000, can that pay for anything at all or does it only apply to flights for family members and perhaps initial rental?

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: Relocation packages

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has been offered/ accepted/ gone out on a relocation package. Am I correct in thinking that it is only WA who offers these?
The amount is supposedly around AD 20.000, can that pay for anything at all or does it only apply to flights for family members and perhaps initial rental?

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Mrs Ozbaz
Hello and Merry Christmas,
It depends on the hospitals involved but there are some hospitals in Queensland who offer relocation packages. How much each offer varies but tend to range between $3000 and $15000. The one I've seen though tend to want receipts for everything so keep all of them - including your visa costs. With some packages you cam claim for temporary accommodation, flights for the whole family (economy seats only), shipping, QNC registration fees.

Mark
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Merry Christmas ,

Queensland is not as generous then as WA, but at least its on the 'right' side of the map.
We'll look into it, thanks

Ozbaz
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Hi I have recently got a job in Victoria (were still in UK boo hoo) anyway before applying for the job i looked into the other hospitals offering relacation pacages, however when reading the "small print" if you did not like the hospital or for any other reason you had to leave that hospital you have to pay the money back some hospitals were 2 years some 5.

So as much as its a very good option be careful and research the hospital etc before accepting

Hope this helps

Zoe
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
Hi I have recently got a job in Victoria (were still in UK boo hoo) anyway before applying for the job i looked into the other hospitals offering relacation pacages, however when reading the "small print" if you did not like the hospital or for any other reason you had to leave that hospital you have to pay the money back some hospitals were 2 years some 5.

So as much as its a very good option be careful and research the hospital etc before accepting

Hope this helps

Zoe
Hi Zoe,
What you say is quite true. I was told that if I change hospitals within two years of starting I am expected to pay back the money I was given. However, this is on a pro-rata basis and the longer that I am here the less I would have to pay back - e.g. if I leave at 23 month I wouldn't have to pay back the whole amount but rather I would have to pay a percentage of the original amount back. I'm not sure if that is the same with all hospitals though!

Mark
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:18 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

If you work for Qld Health they pay $3000 (pretty crap when your a family of four) and will also pay a couple of weeks accommodation, they stage the payments at 6, 12 and 18 months......so if you stay six months you'll get $1000 and if you stay 18 months you'll get the full $3000...I'm due my final installment middle of Jan but it didn't even cover the cost of the flights
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, 3000 would just about cover half the flights. Unless the hospital comes recommended it's a big risk to take. Nothing worse than being stuck in a miserable job!
Thanks, its food for thought,

Ozbaz
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:13 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Nope, 3000 would just about cover half the flights. Unless the hospital comes recommended it's a big risk to take. Nothing worse than being stuck in a miserable job!
Thanks, its food for thought,

Ozbaz
Yes lots of research needed, I didn't come for the best relocation package, I came cos I wanted to come back to work in Cairns. In my experience (18 months) Qld Health has been a good institution to work for.....you may find places offering $15000 to relocate but ask yourself why are they so desperate!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
If you work for Qld Health they pay $3000 (pretty crap when your a family of four) and will also pay a couple of weeks accommodation, they stage the payments at 6, 12 and 18 months......so if you stay six months you'll get $1000 and if you stay 18 months you'll get the full $3000...I'm due my final installment middle of Jan but it didn't even cover the cost of the flights
Hi,
Before I found my present job I had an interview with QLD Health in Manchester (late 2007). They told me about this magical figure of $3000 that I could get if I came to work in one of their hospitals. They gave me a provisional offer of a job and so I was put into contact with their hospitals to see if any of them wanted me. It took a few weeks but I finally found one that wanted to interview me. I had a telephone interview with them and at the end of the interview when they asked me if I had anything to ask one of my questions was about this $3000 - the reply I got was "We don't offer relocation packages only sponsorship"

From what I can tell it is actually up to the individual hospitals as to whether or not you get this money and is not guaranteed.

Mark
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Yes lots of research needed, I didn't come for the best relocation package, I came cos I wanted to come back to work in Cairns. In my experience (18 months) Qld Health has been a good institution to work for.....you may find places offering $15000 to relocate but ask yourself why are they so desperate!
Hi again ,
I work for the Mater and they offer up to $15,000 - though this is for a family, singles get less than but still a lot lot more than $3000. You don't have to wait for months before you get the money either just produce receipts for all your expenses - visa costs, flights , temporary accommodation, QNC reg fees, ANMC fees, shipping costs etc.

As to whether they had to pay that sort of money to tempt people over - well you only need to look on this site to see that the Mater has a very good reputation and I for one can definitely say it lives up to its name - excellent place to work.

Glad to hear your enjoying Cairns We keep saying its too warm here in Brisbane at times but I guess its even hotter where you are.

Mark
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:48 am
is it still a dream?

pricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nice
Smile Re: Relocation packages

Hi my wife is a Radiographer / sonographer would these packages apply to her or is it just for nursing. i Have a few questions if anyone could answer.
We have narrowed down our target areas to Cairns or Brisbaine or ideally Coffs Harbour..
1. Where do we find out about relocation packages?
2. Where will she find jobs advertised.
3. Does anyone know a radiuographer / sonographer who has made the move so we could liaise with them to get advice.
4. My wife only works 14.5 hours per week (we have three kids) will the have a negative affect on us applying to come over?

Any hewlp would be greatfully apreciated
Mark
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi

i am in WA and i didnt get a bean...not a sausage.

still glad i came though

good luck

debbie
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pricecelt
Hi my wife is a Radiographer / sonographer would these packages apply to her or is it just for nursing. i Have a few questions if anyone could answer.
We have narrowed down our target areas to Cairns or Brisbaine or ideally Coffs Harbour..
1. Where do we find out about relocation packages?
2. Where will she find jobs advertised.
3. Does anyone know a radiuographer / sonographer who has made the move so we could liaise with them to get advice.
4. My wife only works 14.5 hours per week (we have three kids) will the have a negative affect on us applying to come over?

Any hewlp would be greatfully apreciated
Mark
Hi Mark,
It's just a thought but try asking this question on the immigration forum. You might get somebody who will be be able to help on this nursing forum but I expect that, like myself, most nurses will be unable to help.

Here is the website for the hospital's vacancies that I work at:

http://www.exceptional.org.au/

I'm not sure how often vacancies appear for your wife's profession though.

You may also like to try the Queensland health website.

As for the 14.5 hours per week that your wife does - if she was a nurse then yes it will have a major impact on coming out here.

No matter what a person's profession is if you want to come on a 457, i.e. temporary visa, then the rules for this visa state that she will have to work full-time when you come here.

Nurses who want to come here permanent, e.g. 175 visa, need to have worked at least 20 hours a week for 12 months in the last 24 months. As I said though I'm not sure if this is the same for your wifes profession.

Mark

Last edited by cheshiremark; Jan 8th 2009 at 10:37 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

I was interviewed by Queensland Health for a midwifery job.

Offered $3000 towards removal costs and economy flights for all of us (family of 5) - not as good as some but okay I thought - they also offered to match my UK salary.

Been working for a month now - salary not matched - worked out according to the number of part-time hours worked in the UK so being paid $4000 a year less than promised. Also been told that reimbursements will be paid pro-rata as I work three days a week. None of this was mentioned at interview trouble is they have me here now so I have no recourse.

My advise - get everything in writing.

xx
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noofie
I was interviewed by Queensland Health for a midwifery job.

Offered $3000 towards removal costs and economy flights for all of us (family of 5) - not as good as some but okay I thought - they also offered to match my UK salary.

Been working for a month now - salary not matched - worked out according to the number of part-time hours worked in the UK so being paid $4000 a year less than promised. Also been told that reimbursements will be paid pro-rata as I work three days a week. None of this was mentioned at interview trouble is they have me here now so I have no recourse.

My advise - get everything in writing.

xx

Hi,
As I said in my previous post, Queensland Health told me I'll get $3000 but when I talked to one of their hospitals about a job they said, they don't give anything at all for relocation.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.