Registration with AHPRA

Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road
Default Registration with AHPRA

Hi everyone!
I am trying to apply for registration in the nurses board with AHPRA, and I sent them a few questions in the online form.... but I have not heard anything for 2 weeks and I seem to be wasting my time... I was born in Madrid, Spain, but I trained as a nurse in Manchester last year,... but been living here for 13 years now!
Here are the following questions from the AGOS-04 application:

Section A.
Question 5 asks me for the residential address and in 6 says whether that address is same as principal place of practice or employment in Australia. Obviously I said no and I put my work’s address, and not my home address. Not sure if that is correct!

Section E. work history
Question 13 asks me for my full practice history. What do I present for my 3 years of university formation which were within my last 5 years? Is it enough with the Title of Bachelor of Science?
It probably sounds like I am thick, but what is exactly a certificate of good standing??????

Section F.
In question 17 as I didn’t do my secondary education in the UK, I will have to submit a IELTS qualification as per required by the Board, the examination will take place on the 28th August, and I will not have the results after two weeks. Will I have to wait till then to submit the application? I am not sure if they still do exemptions for people that study the degree in the UK. Please would you be able to find out? I have already taken the IELTS examination but it was 4 years ago. I got a 7.5 total out of 9.

Section H.
Payment of the fees. I am not sure the total I have to pay. It is not clear what is the application fee and the registration fee. Please could any find out?

Thanks guys, I hope I get more replies here than from the AHPRA itself!!!!

Rafael
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

joanna - Lon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Registration with AHPRA

Hi Rafael,
I can't help with your questions but I did manage to get through on the phones the other day. I used skype and rang the number for the Victoria office. It was only 1.2p per minute and was only on hold for 10 minutes before they answered.
Good luck
Joanna
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:46 am
Just Joined

lisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant future

Hi the certificate of good standing is the certificate the nmc sends out to australia to confirm your registration as a nurse etc. It has to be sent direct from the nmc to ahpra. Good luck with your application.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
Section F.
In question 17 as I didn’t do my secondary education in the UK, I will have to submit a IELTS qualification as per required by the Board, the examination will take place on the 28th August, and I will not have the results after two weeks. Will I have to wait till then to submit the application? I am not sure if they still do exemptions for people that study the degree in the UK. Please would you be able to find out? I have already taken the IELTS examination but it was 4 years ago. I got a 7.5 total out of 9.
ALL overseas nurses (ie those who trained outside of australia) have to sit the ielts test ... even those of us born, brought up and trained in the uk have to do it.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys...
Well, I actually did my interview not even a month ago with The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, references are done and they have offered me a 4 year contract already... I'm over the moon... however... I have not registered yet with AHPRA as I am waiting to do the IELTS exam (did it 4 years ago and got a 7.5).... but they want me to start in November/December.
I am doing the exam on 28th August, will have results on the 13th more or less... then will have to send all paperwork for the registration with AHPRA! Which they say it might take up to 90 days!!!! I am quite concerned i might not be on time for this deadline to start working.
They say they are going to sponsor me, but i have the feeling I am missing something, and that it is going to be delayed for some reason!
HAS ANYBODY REGISTERED ALREADY WITH AHPRA??? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE!!!
Thanks!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:56 am
Just Joined

lisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant future

Hi my daughter has just applied to same hospital. Good luck with ielts exam. Not sure how long application takes- she is just about to send her one off.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Please would you let me know!!! Thanks!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi - no problem - hope you get acknowledgement so at least you know that they've got your application.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

tonymccarty is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everybody ----- i know this thread is slightly dated ---- but did you not know that you no longer need to pass the ielts test to register to ahpra ---- you just need to proove that you completed secondary education in uk and passed english ----- this was stated on ahpras website --- i also rang them and they confirmed this is correct