British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Reg 1st then mod anmc ass or do anmc full ass then reg? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/reg-1st-then-mod-anmc-ass-do-anmc-full-ass-then-reg-680432/)

tiredwithtwins Aug 9th 2010 4:33 pm

Reg 1st then mod anmc ass or do anmc full ass then reg?

just wondering which way round to do things; i was going to apply for reg with the SA nurses board, then do a modified skills assessment with the anmc. however, as we now have the nmba to contend with can i still do it this way, or do i have to get my skills assessed then apply for reg? i noticed there was a fee for overseas nurse assessment on the ahpra site (or whatever its called!!!!), and the anmc seems to have dropped the modified skills assessment and now there is only an online skills assessment :confused:

anyone any the wiser?

cheers,

sue:wub:

Miss RoJo Aug 20th 2010 4:10 am

Re: Reg 1st then mod anmc ass or do anmc full ass then reg?

I applied fr my nursing registration with the nurses board of Victoria back in April 2010. They sent me a letter in may asking for a new work statement which I have sent to them three times now as they said they did not receive the second one. I keep calling to find out if they have received them any of my work statements yet and all they can say is well you will have to wait to find out.

I have had a job offer at the Alfred starting in October I am worried now. its been 2 months since I have had a response or spoken to anyone as you cant get hold of anyone when you ring as they are always busy.

sme Aug 31st 2010 9:23 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8764069)
just wondering which way round to do things; i was going to apply for reg with the SA nurses board, then do a modified skills assessment with the anmc. however, as we now have the nmba to contend with can i still do it this way, or do i have to get my skills assessed then apply for reg? i noticed there was a fee for overseas nurse assessment on the ahpra site (or whatever its called!!!!), and the anmc seems to have dropped the modified skills assessment and now there is only an online skills assessment :confused:

anyone any the wiser?

cheers,

I can't believe you are still hanging on in there with emigrating!!!!! Good luck with whatever way you go round doing it - you deserve it !!!

Zeneco26 Aug 31st 2010 9:37 am

..... I haven't even looked at the skill assessment business.... Bet you that when I lodge my VISA they'll say i need one.... (I have a job offer though....)

Kapri Sep 11th 2010 9:21 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8764069)

anyone any the wiser?

cheers,

Hi Sue,

Does this mean you are looking into getting a PR visa now?
I was just going to register with AHPRA then apply for jobs and get a sponsored visa.