recent nurses visas ?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough
Default recent nurses visas ?

I just wondered if any nurses have got pr visas recently , and if so how long are thet taking to process?.
I ve applied in Aug and was hoping to be there by feb 2008(137stni) or im i being disillusional.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: recent nurses visas ?

I am also wondering...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

jack89 will become famous soon enough

yeah me too. Help anyone??????????
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:57 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PIPPADEE
I just wondered if any nurses have got pr visas recently , and if so how long are thet taking to process?.
I ve applied in Aug and was hoping to be there by feb 2008(137stni) or im i being disillusional.
Hi I applied 12th July (136 modl-nurse) and got pr visa on 17/12/07
Front loaded pcc and meds though!
Hope this helps but dont know much about 137stni!!
Good luck
Susan
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

15 month start to finish for permanent residency:

October 2006: Started application (getting registered as nurse first because this made skills assessment cheaper, granted 6 weeks later in December 2006)

Applied for skills assessment Jan 2007

Needed other documents that slowed me down, such as proof of english ability (had to prove primary or secondary eduction in UK)

Always sent everything off straight away. There wasn't any time when there was nothing happening, either waiting for something to be sent or for some decision to be made.

Submitted permanent visa application 14th May 2007.

Medicals requested and taken in September police checked sent.

Received permanent visa 14 December, 7 months to the day after visa application.

Please note: You can have your medical early and send them off with application, but when you get your visa it will be dated one year from the date of your medical. This means that if you are delayed (say your house doesn't sell) you will have to enter Australia to have your passport stamped within the year. It says on the email I received from the Australian Immigration that that this date can not be changed.

Good luck,
Sara
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

jack89 will become famous soon enough

thx guys. Thats gr8 to know.
Although think gonna have to get in touch with my sponsor, as i only just qualified and have not been able to afford visa fees( mean't to be startin in april).
Though they did say start date was flexible, so if necessary maybe go down temp visa and see wot happens.
Either way i qualified...YIPPEE
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations on qualifying. Get yourself to Oz ASAP as the working conditions are by far superior (nurse/patient ratios, etc). Don't worry about them holding a job for you, there are always jobs in Oz. I'm going in June. There are so many students finishing their training where I'm from (Grimsby) and we don't have jobs for them. We need them (we are always short staffed) but we have no budget to pay their wages. It's an absolute disgrace, all that money to train them and they are working on the nursing bank as and when required. We have two girls who have worked with me on a temporary contracts for nine months who are hoping to split my permanent contract hours when I go. I have to be grateful to the NHS, as I wouldn't be going to Oz with a permanent visa without my nursing qualifications.

Enough of my whinging, I'm starting the New Year with the prospect of a new job/life/home in a fabulous country with a great husband, two cats, and a steady stream of family who want holidays in Oz AND I get to take my main holidays in Grimsby every year visiting my family, fabulous.

Merry Christmas
Sara
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sara W
Congratulations on qualifying. Get yourself to Oz ASAP as the working conditions are by far superior (nurse/patient ratios, etc).
Interesting perspective, given that you're not here yet! There are not set N/P ratios in each state, only certain onces.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

I have several friends who are already working in Perth and have let me into the 'reality' of working in Australian hospitals, so I think I have some idea as to what it is really like and if you have worked in the NHS you will know it is better.

Merry Christmas to you,
Sara
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sara W
I have several friends who are already working in Perth and have let me into the 'reality' of working in Australian hospitals, so I think I have some idea as to what it is really like and if you have worked in the NHS you will know it is better.

Merry Christmas to you,
Sara
Horses for courses Sara.
The reality is that in Australia, as in the UK, there are some 'good' hospitals and some mmmmmmm 'not so good'.
I have been here just over two years and patient/staff ratios vary as does the quality of care.
Personally, If I was seriously ill I would be very reluctant to go into a lot of the hospitals I have worked in, they appear to be 10-20 years behind.
Good luck
jacqui
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Horses for courses Sara.
The reality is that in Australia, as in the UK, there are some 'good' hospitals and some mmmmmmm 'not so good'.
I have been here just over two years and patient/staff ratios vary as does the quality of care.
Personally, If I was seriously ill I would be very reluctant to go into a lot of the hospitals I have worked in, they appear to be 10-20 years behind.
Good luck
jacqui
Hi, I think you are all right!!
Sara w. I agree Much better working conditions here!!! And salary packaging etc!!! And lots of jobs you can chose from, so if you dont like it move hospitals!!! I work at a great hospital, they are so friendly and most days I will have 4 patients, i do everything for them including showering etc. which I love!! In england you are lucky if you get time to give the patients a bowl of water for a wash!!!However, they are trying to introduce carers here!!!!!In england the carers do most of the nursing duties and the nurses do drugs and paperwork.
I am not saying it is easy here, it is still very busy and hard work but you get alot of suppot, they have a clinical nurse trainer on each ward and have alot of inservice days!!!
Yes I agree with you other guys there are good hospitals and bad hospitals but you can pick and choose because there are soooooo many jobs to pick from!!! In england you have to work on bank for the nhs because they have a job freeze!!! Or you cant apply for jobs because you are not working for the nhs!!! What is that all about!!!!!
I love working in Perth, yes nursing is nursing where ever you go but you must get up in the morning and want to go!!!!
Lorraine