Re: Diploma HE Nursing

Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

paintbrush2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Diploma HE Nursing

Hi Everybody,

I have recently qualified as a RGN (Diploma level 5) and awaiting my PIN number from the NMC. My question is will Australia and New Zealand accept me a a RGN as I did not do the degree level 6?

Our plan is to work in NZ short term as a nurse (once registered with their broad of nurses) and the fingers crossed start on the Queensland Health Graduate Nurse Program in early 2011, I don't know now if Queensland Health will offer me a place as 1) I have trained at level 5 and 2) I would require sponsorship which I understand is limited at present,

Any information and advice is most welcome, as I feel rather deflated at present

Paintbrush xx
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:50 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

I can't answer your question directly I'm afraid but you have posted in the right place so I'm sure someone will be along soon. If by chance you don't get much response here (though wait until Aussie morning time! It's about 2.00 am here), PM me and we'll see about duplicating the post elsewhere.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Alistair for a warm welcome
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:43 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi paintbrush. I see that you've had no takers yet. I have sent a PM to one of our members who may be able to help you.

Alistair.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by paintbrush2010
Hi Everybody,

I have recently qualified as a RGN (Diploma level 5) and awaiting my PIN number from the NMC. My question is will Australia and New Zealand accept me a a RGN as I did not do the degree level 6?

Our plan is to work in NZ short term as a nurse (once registered with their broad of nurses) and the fingers crossed start on the Queensland Health Graduate Nurse Program in early 2011, I don't know now if Queensland Health will offer me a place as 1) I have trained at level 5 and 2) I would require sponsorship which I understand is limited at present,

Any information and advice is most welcome, as I feel rather deflated at present

Paintbrush xx
Hey Paintbrush

They accepted me and I Didn't even have a diploma - just a certificate in nursing.

I think that its the nursing qualification that is the important bit, regardless of what level you did it. You should be fine with what you have !!
The QLD graduate nurse program is for all newly qualified nurses and midwives - not necessarily degree level. Our midwifery students are often diploma level but go onto the grad program when they qualify.
I don't think there is too much difficulty with a sponsorship providing you are flexible with where you work. Gold Coast seldom has places but if you look at some of the regional areas, they are always looking for staff.
I am in Ipswich and we definitely have sponsored places available

Why don't you drop an e-mail to QLD health and ask for clarification xx

Alison
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Hi Paintbrush,

I also did the Diploma HE and got offered 3 jobs in Oz before I came out so can't see it being a problem. The only thing I've had to do since being here is a Transition to Nursing Practice course but this is because I work in Critical Care - don't think it is required for working on general wards.

Good luck, if I can help in anyway, I will try.

Kat
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

perrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really niceperrie333 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paintbrush2010
Hi Everybody,

Paintbrush xx
Hi , I am from UK and have a Diploma level 5 RN , I applied and was accepted and am now registered with NZNC but for me they did request documentation which required a very lengthy job of obtaining past training documentation as I trained 27 yrs ago ( I was previously an SEN) under the old UKCC and they wanted all my training records from when I first started so they had to go into the Archives (talk about making you feel old ). But with you recently trained that shouldn't be an issue. I really wouldn't worry. When I was out there last year I had a Job Interview and they were all so lovely and really friendly, they'll snap you up I'm sure, good luck.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 11:10 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I have trained as a diploma nurse and have been offered sponsership and a job with queensland and also WA I accepted the WA cos it was ens not temp though I would have prefered queensland but it was only temp. Look for graduate nurse programme.
Avril
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avi
Hi
I have trained as a diploma nurse and have been offered sponsership and a job with queensland and also WA I accepted the WA cos it was ens not temp though I would have prefered queensland but it was only temp. Look for graduate nurse programme.
Avril
Hi Avril

When I asked about the graduate nurse programme I was told that they would not offer sponsorship for a 457 visa. Also I was told that if I worked as a RN in the UK for a couple of months I would not be able to apply. I have only just qualified and am now working as I have bills to pay.

Who did you get your sponsorship through, was it the government or the hospital?

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:49 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

hi
mine was through the hospital both times. I am working as well because of having bils to pay as well I have kept the hospital informed all the way.

Try Ramsey Health they are who I am if everything goes to plan will be working for.

Avril
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avi
hi
mine was through the hospital both times. I am working as well because of having bils to pay as well I have kept the hospital informed all the way.

Try Ramsey Health they are who I am if everything goes to plan will be working for.

Avril
Thanks Avril - much appreciated
Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mittens
Hi Avril

When I asked about the graduate nurse programme I was told that they would not offer sponsorship for a 457 visa. Also I was told that if I worked as a RN in the UK for a couple of months I would not be able to apply. I have only just qualified and am now working as I have bills to pay.

Who did you get your sponsorship through, was it the government or the hospital?

Thanks
Mittens you can apply for grad program here in Perth if you have under 12 months experience although Ramsay tried to tell me different. I applied to nurse connect and have 8 months UK experince I got an interveiw for grad program and am now eagerly awaiting decisions.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, it now seems my problem is that they won't sponsor me though. I was hoping to go on a 457 temp working visa as I am 40 next year so need to get the ball rolling. Most hospitals have said that I should apply for my nursing registration now and then contact them when I have a year's experience.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:19 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mittens

How come they wont sponser you? Every where is crying for nurses. You could try Queensland Health might be worth a try for you Townsville Hospital is also one I was in talks with and they offered me a job with 457 sponsership but I have kids and wanted perm hence why I took the Perth job lol
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

HI EVERYBODY,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES, SORRY IT'S TAKEN ME A WHILE TO GET BACK TO YOU, WE'RE LEFT ENGLAND NOW AND ARE IN HONG KONG.

THE GREAT NEWS IS I HAVE A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW FOR THE QUEENSLAND HEALTH GRADUATE NURSE PROGRAM, HAS ANYBODY HAD EXPERIENCE OF THIS AND THE TYPES OF QUESTIONS / THINGS TO RESEARCH EG AUSTRALIAN CLINICAL GOVERNANCE AND NATIONAL SERVICE FRAMEWORKS?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

HELEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.