British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   The question around nursing qualification for move to usa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/question-around-nursing-qualification-move-usa-937941/)

Carly1 Apr 2nd 2021 4:30 pm

The question around nursing qualification for move to usa

Hi,
I am a uk adult nurse qualified for 13 years and a deputy sister. My husband is American (Washington state) and we have been talking about moving over there in the next 2-3 years. I have been looking into how I can transfer my UK adult Nursing degree to a USA RGN. It would seem that the UK has left us in a difficult position by making us choose our speciality before we start study and in the USA nurses study in the 4 different areas med/surg, paediatric, mental health and obs/gynae.
so before I even think of taking this any further can I ask is there any way around this? I have been in touch with an agency and am waiting to hear back. Again, really not sure just trying to sound things out but I have been in touch with www.health staff.org and nurses4america.com
not sure if these are the best or reputable but I imagine the whole ‘adult Nursing’ issue will come up with them anyway?
any pointers gladly recieved.
many thanks
carly

Silverdragon102 Apr 3rd 2021 3:38 pm

Re: The question around nursing qualification for move to usa

Why not just look at the state board of nursing website and see what their requirements are and even apply and see what results are from them? Some uk nurses have been lucky getting registered but a lot will depend on your transcripts

Carly1 Apr 3rd 2021 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 12990901)
Why not just look at the state board of nursing website and see what their requirements are and even apply and see what results are from them? Some uk nurses have been lucky getting registered but a lot will depend on your transcripts

Hi Silverdragon,
I did get in touch with the board of nursing where I am thinking we will move to. They sent me the requirements. It does ask for clinical hours in those 4 areas so I think I won’t meet the requirement. I also do have all my nursing transcripts on me so I can check that too but not too sure what exactly I would be looking for.

Silverdragon102 Apr 4th 2021 8:41 am

Your transcripts should have your training broken down into sections like Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult with further breakdown into clinical and theory hours

Eviecam67 Apr 23rd 2021 7:26 pm

Hi Carly,
Im in the middle of dealing with CGFNS. 🙄 It was been EPIC. Pm me, if yo8ud like some pointers.
Cheers,
Evie

Carly1 Apr 24th 2021 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Eviecam67 (Post 12998608)
Hi Carly,
Im in the middle of dealing with CGFNS. 🙄 It was been EPIC. Pm me, if yo8ud like some pointers.
Cheers,
Evie

Hi Evie,
the system will not let me send or receive private message for some reason.

mikelincs Apr 24th 2021 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Carly1 (Post 12998837)
Hi Evie,
the system will not let me send or receive private message for some reason.

You can now, the forum has a rule that people can't send private messages until they have made three posts, this is to try and stop spammers.

mikelincs Mar 18th 2022 9:04 am

Originally Posted by deatras124 (Post 13102080)
hi Evie!

How did you do it? I want to apply in US but I'm having a hard time to seek advise since Im a Neonatal nurse for all my years. Please help. Thank you.

Evie has not posted since that post you are replying to, so may no longer be looking at the forum. It would be better for you to start your own thread asking your questions.