qnc question!!!!

Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: qnc question!!!!

Thats strange as we did not get asked for that.

JOHN
Old Nov 11th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Thanks for that itsmylife I was just curious as it takes a minimum of 28 working days in S.Africa and up to 35 days

You would be horrified if you had to see what I saw while going to our local cop shop yesterday for our PCC.If I was allowed to I would post some shocking pics that I took with my cell phone.

The fingerprint room was an outside temporary old rusty container hut with black fingerprints smeared all over the walls.The fingerprint block was antique on top of a table with 3 legs put together as a makeshift affair.When finished we were handed an old crumpled piece of paper to wipe our fingers then sent to a sesspit for further washing with a piece of brick to scrape off the excess and a bar of the old carbolic soap Oh for a first world again!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:44 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by shirlw
How long does a police check take in UK?

When did this become a requirement with QNC?

TIA
Police cheks are a requirement for QNC since 5th October. It's in one of the emails they sent as part of their automatic reply.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that itsmylife I was just curious as it takes a minimum of 28 working days in S.Africa and up to 35 days

You would be horrified if you had to see what I saw while going to our local cop shop yesterday for our PCC.If I was allowed to I would post some shocking pics that I took with my cell phone.

The fingerprint room was an outside temporary old rusty container hut with black fingerprints smeared all over the walls.The fingerprint block was antique on top of a table with 3 legs put together as a makeshift affair.When finished we were handed an old crumpled piece of paper to wipe our fingers then sent to a sesspit for further washing with a piece of brick to scrape off the excess and a bar of the old carbolic soap Oh for a first world again!
lol... DH was born in South Africa so know what you mean!!! lol... We are glad that his mom kept all his birth certificates/ registrations safe as we were reading that it takes approx 6 months in South Africa to get a new one!!!

You should make a scrapbook of this and when you are settled in Australia you can look back and laugh at the craziness of getting your police checks done!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Yes a scrapbook sounds like a great idea........it will serve as a reminder of why we are doing this whenever we feel like saying "WHAT have we done?"

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger lol
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

on average how long are people waiting for their registration to come through ? i posted mine 2 weeks ago, just wondering how long i am to wait is it months ?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

They seem to have been a bit quicker lately as in weeks as opposed to months so unless you encounter a glitch then months is more accurate !
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:03 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
on average how long are people waiting for their registration to come through ? i posted mine 2 weeks ago, just wondering how long i am to wait is it months ?

Well QNC recieved my application on the 26th October. I attached a covering letter saying that my IELTS was also on its way, but they sent my application back to me saying they had no IELTS results for me. I have since had an e-mail from them saying that they didn't recieve my IELTS til 29th October (3 days later) and it is QNC policy to return any application forms without IELTS results. It's now been resent so if your applying send your IELTS at least 1 week before you send the application form, both of mine were sent on the same day - I had an email verifying my IELTS had been sent from the test center before I sent my application - but the IELTS results must have been delayed for a few days. It appears that despite my covering letter QNC were not prepared to wait a few days for IELTS results.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lyx
Well QNC recieved my application on the 26th October. I attached a covering letter saying that my IELTS was also on its way, but they sent my application back to me saying they had no IELTS results for me. I have since had an e-mail from them saying that they didn't recieve my IELTS til 29th October (3 days later) and it is QNC policy to return any application forms without IELTS results. It's now been resent so if your applying send your IELTS at least 1 week before you send the application form, both of mine were sent on the same day - I had an email verifying my IELTS had been sent from the test center before I sent my application - but the IELTS results must have been delayed for a few days. It appears that despite my covering letter QNC were not prepared to wait a few days for IELTS results.
ok thanks, i sent my IELTS results with the application and i also asked the centre where i sat it to send it as well. the NMC over here had to send something on though to clarify that i was registered over here so they would have sent that a week or two after i sent my QNC application form.

Im not going till FEB but i have a hospital interested in me so would like my registration as soon as possible really. i have heard they arnt great and are very slow and picky !!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

They seem to have been a bit quicker lately as in weeks as opposed to months so unless you encounter a glitch then months is more accurate !
The first lot of money came out of my account yesterday £95 that was for the international fee and something else. so dose that mean that they have looked at my QNC application and are happy with it? oe is that just the start of a long wait ????
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Just the start of THE wait.........hopefully not too long though
Old Nov 28th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

AAARRRGGG. I've just had a letter from QNC. They need a new reference cos my charge nurse never signed the bottom. He just printed it out. (It was ok for ANMC tho)
On a plus though I got a case officer for ny 175 this week, so hopefully once I have this reference it'll be 3rd time lucky with QNC.

Shirlw, Have you gotten your midwifery reg yet?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lyx
AAARRRGGG. I've just had a letter from QNC. They need a new reference cos my charge nurse never signed the bottom. He just printed it out. (It was ok for ANMC tho)
On a plus though I got a case officer for ny 175 this week, so hopefully once I have this reference it'll be 3rd time lucky with QNC.

Shirlw, Have you gotten your midwifery reg yet?
I am totally disgusted with them right now to be honest.Their blatant lack of communication and sense of purpose are really stressing me out big time.They told me that a decision would be made on 20th November and I have heard nothing so I sent off an email yesterday to find out what the hell is going on.Trouble is I have now waited a ridiculous amount of time and am seriously despondant to the point that I am doubting my own ability.It is simply infuriating as they have at no point requested any further documents since my submission in May FFS
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:26 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

I am totally disgusted with them right now to be honest.Their blatant lack of communication and sense of purpose are really stressing me out big time.They told me that a decision would be made on 20th November and I have heard nothing so I sent off an email yesterday to find out what the hell is going on.Trouble is I have now waited a ridiculous amount of time and am seriously despondant to the point that I am doubting my own ability.It is simply infuriating as they have at no point requested any further documents since my submission in May FFS
Hopefully they'll get back to you soon with something positive. It really is depressing though. Keep yer chin up girl.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Aye it's trippin on the flare right noo,right enuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.