qnc question!!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default qnc question!!!!

I sent our application off a few weeks ago and I received an receipt for the application fee and overseas processing fee last week. I did sign the original application so that all the money for the whole process would be taken but they only took the above.

We received a letter this morning asking for the licence fee. Does this mean that our application is all done now? Also how do I pay this licence fee as I have no paperwork? Can I do it over e mail or telephone?

Many thanks

JOHN
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:23 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: qnc question!!!!

When did you send it John. I sent mine on Oct 14th and did the same as you. But I've heard nothing at all.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

I posted mine on the 5th October, got a receipt on around the 20th, and asked for Police checks, then got a letter on the 29th asking for another copy of my employer ref as it was incorrectly certified (Doh! 2 pages and the solicitor only signed one page which I didn't notice when I sent it off), so they are obviously working through them all! I'm going to wait til the police checks are through and then send everything they need all together!

Sorry John don't know the answer to your question for sure but it certainly sounds like they are ready to approve your application!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

I sent ours around the 15th as well. I am going to call them tonight so will let you know how I get on.

JOHN
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

They only take the registration fee once you are registered so sounds like it's done to me,I would give them a ring for the payment issue though!

Wish I could say the same for my own application which has been in since MAY............just waiting for them to give me another hurdle to jump with the new ruling of the PCC
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi all

Bearing in mind that we only sent the application off just over 2 weeks ago, I cant believe this!

We telephoned them last night and gave over our CCdetails. This morning we had this e mail:

Hi Lisa,
Your credit card details went through fine, you are now active as a registered nurse and eligible to practice in Queensland. Due to the postal strike in the UK I am sending this email to inform you of your registration as the documents could be delayed in reaching you. You can view the public register on our website (address below) to see that you are active, as can any prospective employer.
Kind Regards,

John
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

wow! Great news so hopefully once I get all the extra stuff to them they will be as quick with mine! (though in no rush for it just now!) Is that you guys all sorted for Australia now?!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:33 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Well I've just dug out proof of posting and I sent it on Oct 16th. My credit cards not been debited. I am assuming that its been lost in the post. Typical. I'll email QNC and see what they say.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itsmylife
wow! Great news so hopefully once I get all the extra stuff to them they will be as quick with mine! (though in no rush for it just now!) Is that you guys all sorted for Australia now?!
I wish!!

No

anmc=done
Qld SS applied for=awaiting answer
QNC=done

We have to wait till January till we can apply for a visa as this is when Lisa has done a year as a nurse.

JOHN
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
I wish!!

No

anmc=done
Qld SS applied for=awaiting answer
QNC=done

We have to wait till January till we can apply for a visa as this is when Lisa has done a year as a nurse.

JOHN
Ah right, well its all one step closer eh?

Lyx, my card was debited pretty quickly ( surprise surprise no one in the immigration process hangs around when they are taking your money ) So I think it would be reasonable to contact QNC, especially with the postal strikes going on etc. It may be that it is just held up a bit longer.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Ah right, well its all one step closer eh?

Lyx, my card was debited pretty quickly ( surprise surprise no one in the immigration process hangs around when they are taking your money ) So I think it would be reasonable to contact QNC, especially with the postal strikes going on etc. It may be that it is just held up a bit longer.
Yip mine too,debited the very day it was received!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:36 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Had a reply from QNC confirming that they hadn't recieved my application form. They just said they had my ANMC file and my IELTS and hopefully the application form would turn up soon. They never mentioned resending it. It would be just my luck to end up with 2 applications and paying twice. Think I'll leave it another week then re-apply.
Will need to go and see my local JP again to get the form countersigned. He must be sick of seeing me. I had enclosed my original police check in the application too (Glad I paid the extra £5 to get additional copy). There's alot of personal information there. Wonder where my application has went, There could be someone having a field day with my credit card details. I'm definately sending next one recorded delivery.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Agh sorry to hear that Lxy.......fortunately I sent mine via courier for peace of mind as our postal service is seriously bad.I have now waited nearly 3 weeks for my QLD SS letter to arrive and still waiting aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggg!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 7:04 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

I am not holding out much hope for it turning up. The IELTS results were sent on the same day and they arrived weeks ago. I've got proof of posting, but I dont think that meams anything. Maybe Royal Mail will refund my £1.68 in postage.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
I am not holding out much hope for it turning up. The IELTS results were sent on the same day and they arrived weeks ago. I've got proof of posting, but I dont think that meams anything. Maybe Royal Mail will refund my £1.68 in postage.
Lyx, I would take the proof of postage if you have to re-send the documents. I would also take proof that you had to get documents certified again, so incurring you extra cost/hassle, and the email from QNC saying it hadnt arrived yet. I can't remember how much they can reimburse you for standard postage not arriving, but I think its something like £30 or so. You might as well try and get some money back as its causing you more bother and it would be all the same if you needed this stuff sorted urgently.

I sent mine by "international signed for" so that I could track it, cost me about £3.50 on top of basic postage cost, and then discovered that it only allowed me to track until it arrived in Australia, but not through the aussie postal system. On further investigation there is an option that allows you to track right to the door of the QNC, but you need to specifically ask for this, and obviously costs more .

All these things just add to the stress of the whole process doesn't it... I was commenting to my DH the other day that I have never encountered so much bureaucratic incompetence and so many jobsworth's in my life as I have in the last 6 months, having to fight every step of the way to get documents that should be easy to get hold of and to top it all of the postal strikes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.