public vs private in aus.

Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default public vs private in aus.

Would like to hear of other peeps experiences in working in private or public, i have recently been working in a private hosp in meloburne (hated it with a passion, was one of the most miserable times of my life, thank god i had PR).

After that experience i was very apprehensive about taking a job anywhere else, so decided to work agency, (also money MUCH better, and more flexibility). I have since worked most of the private hosp in melbourne and in my opinion just about all the bigger private hosps are hell holes to work in (am a theatre nurse). Like to mention here the agency were fab and very supportive.

So my next step was to try public, but again being apprehensive i have took part-time in a public, and its fanbloodytastic compared to private, staff much friendlier and happier, staff ratios much better, more often than not you get your breaks, and off duty on time, equipment and instruments better and more available, all in all am sooooooooo much happier, and hope to eventually do more hours.

Also i have heard relatives and patients talking in the lifts about the hospital and they cant praise it enough

Last edited by Margaret3; Nov 14th 2007 at 9:39 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: public vs private in aus.

Happy days,glad to see things have improved for you as i know you were pretty pissed off a while back,really enjoyed your rant mind
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Happy days,glad to see things have improved for you as i know you were pretty pissed off a while back,really enjoyed your rant mind
which one, there has been so many
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

All of them and best thing is i imagine you ranting in a scots accent and i think of Rab c nesbits wife Marydoll
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

margaret glad its working out better for you now its not nice being unhappy at work :curse:
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tillysmum
margaret glad its working out better for you now its not nice being unhappy at work :curse:
thanks margaret. will try agency too and do public. i have a yr old and to be honest want to work round him really if i can. i work 9-3 mon-fri at mo, been quite spoilt in my present job. lovely boss.plus i;m manager of the team. will be a big career change for me moving to oz.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by posh10
thanks margaret. will try agency too and do public. i have a yr old and to be honest want to work round him really if i can. i work 9-3 mon-fri at mo, been quite spoilt in my present job. lovely boss.plus i;m manager of the team. will be a big career change for me moving to oz.
hello again, i was the same ,sooooo cushy in my job, i worked in day surgery for 8 yrs, 'acting up' as g grade many times, but before move to aus moved back to main theatres for 2 yrs (thank god i did, updated my clinical skills here, and needed them so much here), but had the luxurey of doing this in the same hosp i worked for 20 yrs on and off, mostly on, i also knew everyone, including medical staff, it was very much a home from home, its all been a bigger shock/challenge than i imagined, but my most recent job in the public sector feels like heaven, after the hell i have been through

Think basically what i am trying to say is the 'social' side of things have been the biggest shock, not fitting in, not having anything in common, nurses/medical staff talking about hosps/surgeons/[protocol / i have no clue about,

am not trying to frighten anyone off, just trying to support peeps and reassure peeps to use the nurses forum to 'let off steam', its been great having the support here, and also hearing of others experiences

Last edited by Margaret3; Nov 21st 2007 at 12:13 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:56 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Margaret3
hello again, i was the same ,sooooo cushy in my job, i worked in day surgery for 8 yrs, 'acting up' as g grade many times, but before move to aus moved back to main theatres for 2 yrs (thank god i did, updated my clinical skills here, and needed them so much here), but had the luxurey of doing this in the same hosp i worked for 20 yrs on and off, mostly on, i also knew everyone, including medical staff, it was very much a home from home, its all been a bigger shock/challenge than i imagined, but my most recent job in the public sector feels like heaven, after the hell i have been through

Think basically what i am trying to say is the 'social' side of things have been the biggest shock, not fitting in, not having anything in common, nurses/medical staff talking about hosps/surgeons/[protocol / i have no clue about,

am not trying to frighten anyone off, just trying to support peeps and reassure peeps to use the nurses forum to 'let off steam', its been great having the support here, and also hearing of others experiences
Whinger
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

All of them and best thing is i imagine you ranting in a scots accent and i think of Rab c nesbits wife Marydoll

Haha - you don't know how near the mark you are with that - it's spooky

Hiya Mags - how you doing? Looks like things picking up for you now I'm pleased to see.

I'm now starting to get myself organised to come out just after new years, once I've got this place done up and on the market and hopefully sold. Not much to do then This is by far the worst part of the whole emmigration thing, it's driving me nuts
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Whinger
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Haha - you don't know how near the mark you are with that - it's spooky

Hiya Mags - how you doing? Looks like things picking up for you now I'm pleased to see.

I'm now starting to get myself organised to come out just after new years, once I've got this place done up and on the market and hopefully sold. Not much to do then This is by far the worst part of the whole emmigration thing, it's driving me nuts
my goodness, i thought you had dropped off the end of the earth,nice to hear from you
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:36 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mags,

Glad to hear everything is working out better workwise for you. I'm at the Mater Public and I really like here, nice small friendly hospital. The CCU I have been working on though was just way too quiet for me, only 1 or 2 patients each shift, so I was becoming a bit brain dead. I had a word with my boss last week about a transfer to ICU and he has arranged that for me to start in Jan, no problems! Not sure if I have misunderstood, but I'm sure someone told me if you work in the Private hospitals in queensland you lose some of the benefits like the professional development allowance, perhaps someone could correct me if that info is wrong.

I too am glad I'm on a PR imagine working somewhere you hate and being stuck there for 2 years!

Jackie x
Old Nov 24th 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Mags,

Glad to hear everything is working out better workwise for you. I'm at the Mater Public and I really like here, nice small friendly hospital. The CCU I have been working on though was just way too quiet for me, only 1 or 2 patients each shift, so I was becoming a bit brain dead. I had a word with my boss last week about a transfer to ICU and he has arranged that for me to start in Jan, no problems! Not sure if I have misunderstood, but I'm sure someone told me if you work in the Private hospitals in queensland you lose some of the benefits like the professional development allowance, perhaps someone could correct me if that info is wrong.

I too am glad I'm on a PR imagine working somewhere you hate and being stuck there for 2 years!

Jackie x

ahhhhhhhhh jackie, glad its going well, and you right god help the poor sponsorship buggers
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi All,
this is a very Interesting forum.
Im off to qld with 2yrs experience
Im going to work in a private hospital called the friendlies society.
Anyone out there worked for them?

Im leaing uk 8th Jan going on PR visa.
They gave me job offer for visa but i know i dont have to work for them.
Im thinking i might be bored working on their small medical ward.
I work at Univesity hospital wales medical assessment/admissions unit at present all ive known and its very busy.
Ive been in contact with state hospital theyve told me to send cv said they are always looking for pool and casual staff.
I think i will be earning approx $40,000 at least plus enhancements.
Anyone know if im right?
Teryna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.