Project 2000 adult nurse 1997 in US wanting to work?

Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Moo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project 2000 adult nurse 1997 in US wanting to work?

Hi all I am really sorry and am sure this has been asked a million times but can't find anyone who qualified as far back as me....
I qualified in 1997 P2K Adult in Birmingham, we are in US-CT with my husbands job I have a visa to work, I know I need to go through CGFNS and CT BON but can't find anywhere if my training may have enough OB/Peads Psyc etc and if I will need to pick up these hours?
Any advice from "older" nurses would be gratefully received
TIA
Gem
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project 2000 adult nurse 1997 in US wanting to work?

Until your transcripts are assessed it is difficult to say
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Moo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond reputeMoo52 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, am hoping against hope that the answer will be yep 1997 was a good year and that will be fine šŸ˜
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

tempo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moo52
Thank you, am hoping against hope that the answer will be yep 1997 was a good year and that will be fine šŸ˜
I qualified in 2001 project 2000 but not due to move till next year sometime. Let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 4:05 am
Just Joined

ICUnursey is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Moo52 ,Get CGFNS to assess your Diploma and then you'll know whether you have enough hours to be able to get the BON to give you a ATT so you can do your NCLEX-RN.I am also a Project 2000 student and I'm writing my NCLEX in 2 weeks. The main advice I can give you is "Follow Up". Make sure you touch base with everyone at least once a week.

Last edited by ICUnursey; Jan 11th 2018 at 4:06 am. Reason: Late night brain
Old Feb 6th 2018, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ICUnursey
Dear Moo52 ,Get CGFNS to assess your Diploma and then you'll know whether you have enough hours to be able to get the BON to give you a ATT so you can do your NCLEX-RN.I am also a Project 2000 student and I'm writing my NCLEX in 2 weeks. The main advice I can give you is "Follow Up". Make sure you touch base with everyone at least once a week.
Thank you for your reply ICUnurcey did they accept your diploma? can I ask what year you qualified? I qualified in 1997, my Uni does not keep records older than 7 years so I have sent the CGFNS the letter from my uni but so frustrating waiting for it allšŸ˜£šŸ˜£
Old Feb 6th 2018, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply ICUnurcey did they accept your diploma? can I ask what year you qualified? I qualified in 1997, my Uni does not keep records older than 7 years so I have sent the CGFNS the letter from my uni but so frustrating waiting for it allšŸ˜£šŸ˜£
Hi, Iā€™m sorry about the snafu with your transcript. Letā€™s hope CGFNS accepts the letter and its assessed as adequate. I qualified in 2003 , in my 18 months foundation I did all my paediatric, midwifery, mental health, learning disabilities and adult placements. If you did the same sort of thing and your letter from the Uni states this you might be okay. Donā€™t get frustrated, it always takes a while with CGFNS. Good luck
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Iā€™m sorry about the snafu with your transcript. Letā€™s hope CGFNS accepts the letter and its assessed as adequate. I qualified in 2003 , in my 18 months foundation I did all my paediatric, midwifery, mental health, learning disabilities and adult placements. If you did the same sort of thing and your letter from the Uni states this you might be okay. Donā€™t get frustrated, it always takes a while with CGFNS. Good luck
Thank you for your reply that is encouraging, I am presuming your NCLEX went well and that you can now be let loose on actual patients šŸ˜
Old Feb 6th 2018, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply that is encouraging, I am presuming your NCLEX went well and that you can now be let loose on actual patients šŸ˜
I took my NCLEX and walked out positive Iā€™d failed only to find out 48 hours later Iā€™d passed. Youā€™ll get there too.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

I took my NCLEX and walked out positive Iā€™d failed only to find out 48 hours later Iā€™d passed. Youā€™ll get there too.
Excellent well done šŸ‘šŸ‘
Old Feb 26th 2018, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Moo52,did you manage to get your ATT ?
Old Feb 26th 2018, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Moo52,did you manage to get your ATT ?
q
Hi ICUnursey no still waiting for them to review my uni letter stating that there is no transcript available... so frustrating. Have you started working in ICU over here yet? I was an ITU nurse in Birmingham for 12 years but then community Resp nurse for 2 yrs before moving over, so would be intetested to kbow how ITU over here comparesšŸ¤”
Gemma
Old Feb 26th 2018, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

q
Hi ICUnursey no still waiting for them to review my uni letter stating that there is no transcript available... so frustrating. Have you started working in ICU over here yet? I was an ITU nurse in Birmingham for 12 years but then community Resp nurse for 2 yrs before moving over, so would be intetested to kbow how ITU over here comparesšŸ¤”
Gemma
Donā€™t get frustrated, it took almost 8 months for me to get my CES report. I havenā€™t moved over yet, Iā€™m still in the process of getting a visa and green card. If you look on Allnurses.com youā€™ll find some comparisons of UK and USA ICUs. There is a lot of information there from British and American nurses.

Last edited by ICUnursey; Feb 26th 2018 at 5:20 pm.