Problems registering with the QNC?

Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

they won't let me have the transcript or i would have copied it- they send it to the nursing board
shell
Old Oct 31st 2006, 2:26 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I have been reliably informed that the Queensland Nursing Council are taking six months to one year with overseas applications at present. They state that they have been inundated in recent months with overseas applications and in fact aren't even replying to emails except with an automated response because they are so busy. Has anyone here had problems with long delays?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has managed to successfully register with the QNC with no post registration experience in the UK. Also, has anyone had any similar experiences with NSW registering if QNC let me down?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
It only took QNC 8 weeks to process my visa.My hold up now is the ANMC-so far 10 weeks :scared:
Old Oct 31st 2006, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
It only took QNC 8 weeks to process my visa.My hold up now is the ANMC-so far 10 weeks :scared:
Well done!

I've heard this from other successful applicants too, but I suspect that you are lucky as I have heard just as many stories of people whose applications have taken many months, and the average processing times are getting longer, not shorter.

As I am on a work sponsorship visa, my schedule- without delaying my start date, which I really don't want to do- is a bit tight, so it made more sense for me to register via the NBSA. Also, I have still been unable to get my Diploma Certificate from my Uni despite literally begging them over the space of a month. So I may be delayed anyway because of them...

My schedule is reasonable so long as there aren't any serious delays; and after waiting so long for this moment, I just want to get there now, quite frankly...
Old Oct 31st 2006, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShellnTez
they won't let me have the transcript or i would have copied it- they send it to the nursing board
shell
That's odd... Did the Nursing Board request it be done this way, or are your college just being awkward?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:37 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Hi, read before about how long QNC taking, so when we were over on our reccie I took everything with me as had heard of you walk in with everything they will do it there and then, no such luck, the lady took everything but didnt check everything was there (double checked has included everything, but I'll probably get a jobsworth), took payment and gave me a reference number, so now just the wait - hopefully not as long as debbiemc. Heard someone got it back in eight weeks, but it's okay will not hold my breathe . Will let you know how long it takes when it does come through.
Clairex
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

My transcript only cost £30 and it's very detailed; the old one was full of blanks!

If you get certified copies, then surely you don't need to shell out for more from the college? A certified copy of anything is usually every bit as good as an original.

Good luck one and all with your applications. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end...
Yes Certified copies are good but if I'm right as Michelle said the Uni will only send the transcript to where you want it not to yourself! It may not be all Uni's mind!
Hi shell,
Can't wait til you guys get here. Speak soon
Love Mo XXXXXX
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:28 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

That's odd... Did the Nursing Board request it be done this way, or are your college just being awkward?
Hi,
The ANMC request the transcript to be sent straight to them.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hi, You where very lucky! When did you send for your QNC registration? Are you here in Oz or UK? Was this for re-registration or 1st time registered in OZ?I have 3 friends registered in the last 10 months that have had to wait 6 months they all sent from Uk and recieved once arrived here in Oz!
So you must have been VERY lucky!
Marie
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Hi,
The ANMC request the transcript to be sent straight to them.
I have no dealings with the ANMC because I'm on a work sponsorship visa.

Also, the Nursing Board of South Australia wanted it directly from me, so I went to my college and asked for a more detailed copy. After spending all that money I would have been pretty aggrieved if they had refused to give me the original. However, considering that they didn't want to know at first because I was an ex-student, and therefore 'not their problem', I had to be very persistent, but I got the original in the end!

Last edited by tonyk38; Nov 2nd 2006 at 11:45 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:11 pm

Cool Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi, You where very lucky! When did you send for your QNC registration? Are you here in Oz or UK? Was this for re-registration or 1st time registered in OZ?I have 3 friends registered in the last 10 months that have had to wait 6 months they all sent from Uk and recieved once arrived here in Oz!
So you must have been VERY lucky!
Marie
Hi,
I applied for my reg in July from the UK .It was my first time and I think I was extra lucky!I still havent got my skills assessment yet though and cant apply for my visa.I am supposed to start work in March.Oh B#####! :scared:
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

OH NO!!! I ticked that box aswell. Just sent email to QNC telling them my mistake. Oh god. Does that mean they'll send it all back to me.....more delay. How can this be resolved if they're not even answering emails?

Originally Posted by harryed
After lots of torment I think I've cracked it - I applied for Mental Health Endorsement which is different from registration. I've gone over all the stuff againand it looks like you only need the one course (degree, diploma or certificate) to be able to REGISTER. THe second course is for endorsement. At least I think that's right - I find the language in the forms very confusing.

Obviously if anyone has any further information or corrections please contribute!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by harryed
After lots of torment I think I've cracked it - I applied for Mental Health Endorsement which is different from registration. I've gone over all the stuff againand it looks like you only need the one course (degree, diploma or certificate) to be able to REGISTER. THe second course is for endorsement. At least I think that's right - I find the language in the forms very confusing.

Obviously if anyone has any further information or corrections please contribute!
Oh sh*t! Does this mean that as a mental health nurse I need to do another course to practice in Aus?!! I'm really confused now!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:45 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

Got a letter from the QNC this morning asking for the Annual license fee of $87, how quick was that! Lets hope that shiny little card I've heard so much about arrives soon, will phone tonight to pay the fees. Queensland here we come.
Clairex
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

Originally Posted by mooncat
OH NO!!! I ticked that box aswell. Just sent email to QNC telling them my mistake. Oh god. Does that mean they'll send it all back to me.....more delay. How can this be resolved if they're not even answering emails?

I made a similar mistake, but in my confusion ticked both the registered nurse and the mental health endorsement boxes. I was also lead to believe that the process could take months however was very pleased to get my certificate of registration/ pin number and little badge through after 8 weeks . The following week I was gutted to have my mental health endorsement application denied and so looked into this and it seems that because the Queensland nursing council work with a single register (i.e all nurses no matter what speciality on one list) you must have completed a 2 year ?masters degree in the speciality in which you are seeking endorsement. That defiantly ain't me. We can work in our area of speciality with a straight forward registration. I got the ANMC to forward the documents used for skills assessment (saved me visiting my solicitor AGAIN!)
Hope this helps.
Neil
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
I made a similar mistake, but in my confusion ticked both the registered nurse and the mental health endorsement boxes. I was also lead to believe that the process could take months however was very pleased to get my certificate of registration/ pin number and little badge through after 8 weeks . The following week I was gutted to have my mental health endorsement application denied and so looked into this and it seems that because the Queensland nursing council work with a single register (i.e all nurses no matter what speciality on one list) you must have completed a 2 year ?masters degree in the speciality in which you are seeking endorsement. That defiantly ain't me. We can work in our area of speciality with a straight forward registration. I got the ANMC to forward the documents used for skills assessment (saved me visiting my solicitor AGAIN!)
Hope this helps.
Neil
Phew! That's a relief! Just as well as I'm flying out in January!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.