Problems registering with the QNC?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems registering with the QNC?

I have been reliably informed that the Queensland Nursing Council are taking six months to one year with overseas applications at present. They state that they have been inundated in recent months with overseas applications and in fact aren't even replying to emails except with an automated response because they are so busy. Has anyone here had problems with long delays?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has managed to successfully register with the QNC with no post registration experience in the UK. Also, has anyone had any similar experiences with NSW registering if QNC let me down?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:10 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems registering with the QNC?

DebbieMc has been waiting for ages.....and ages......and ages..... and I think she is still waiting
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Lou OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tony,
Join the club, its oh so frustrating! :scared: check through some other threads on the subject. i'm sorry to say there are many but hopefully they may give you some good advice.

Good Luck Lou

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I have been reliably informed that the Queensland Nursing Council are taking six months to one year with overseas applications at present. They state that they have been inundated in recent months with overseas applications and in fact aren't even replying to emails except with an automated response because they are so busy. Has anyone here had problems with long delays?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has managed to successfully register with the QNC with no post registration experience in the UK. Also, has anyone had any similar experiences with NSW registering if QNC let me down?

Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the replies folks!

Not very encouraging news is it? I guess I'll have to use the time waiting to save more money... I'll check those threads as suggested too.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tonyk38

Hi I told my friend about the waiting time she registered with NSW nursing council then registerd with QNC, much quicker! In fact when I rang NSW to check if it was quicker she said if you have all the necessary paper work you can actually walk into NSW and they will sort it straight away, I think they post the certificate though!
To register with QNC once you are registered with another state you walk in pay and show your NSW cert and Passport they do it there and then! WA is the cheapist I believe though! Which ever state you register in the other states recognise it.
Hope I've not confused you!!!!
good Luck Marie
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi I told my friend about the waiting time she registered with NSW nursing council then registerd with QNC, much quicker! In fact when I rang NSW to check if it was quicker she said if you have all the necessary paper work you can actually walk into NSW and they will sort it straight away, I think they post the certificate though!
To register with QNC once you are registered with another state you walk in pay and show your NSW cert and Passport they do it there and then! WA is the cheapist I believe though! Which ever state you register in the other states recognise it.
Hope I've not confused you!!!!
good Luck Marie
No, you've not confused me at all; in fact that's very much as I suspected and really good news!

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

harryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tony,
Hope you're progressing with your application and move.

I'm wondering if you (or others) could provide some advice.

I've had my application to the QNC returned saying I've not completed 2 courses as the policy requires, not have I provided evidence that the NMC has recognised 2 seperate training courses.

I've sat both a Diploma and BSc which I provided evidence of and initial endorsement from the NMC - which admittedly doesn't mention 2 courses but then I thought they never did?

I'm confused - what more can they want - I did telephone the other night but they just repeated the same thing ( I think the woman whos "computer says no" has moved to Queensland.

Would be gratefult to hear the experience of others.

Thanks,
Scott.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by harryed
Hi Tony,
Hope you're progressing with your application and move.

I'm wondering if you (or others) could provide some advice.

I've had my application to the QNC returned saying I've not completed 2 courses as the policy requires, not have I provided evidence that the NMC has recognised 2 seperate training courses.

I've sat both a Diploma and BSc which I provided evidence of and initial endorsement from the NMC - which admittedly doesn't mention 2 courses but then I thought they never did?

I'm confused - what more can they want - I did telephone the other night but they just repeated the same thing ( I think the woman whos "computer says no" has moved to Queensland.

Would be gratefult to hear the experience of others.

Thanks,
Scott.
Did you send certified copies of both of the certificates of your qualifications? I'm wondering if that might be it. As for the uncompleted courses, I really don't know. Mind you, looking at my transcript, it looks like I haven't completed my course (even though I have) due to all the glaring blanks, which is why I forked out £30 for a more comprehensive version.

Good luck with sorting out what the problem is. I'm sorry I can't help you more.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 3:23 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

What do they mean by two courses?? when I qualify in Jan I will only have an adult diploma....is this enough for the QNC registration??
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

harryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the rough

After lots of torment I think I've cracked it - I applied for Mental Health Endorsement which is different from registration. I've gone over all the stuff againand it looks like you only need the one course (degree, diploma or certificate) to be able to REGISTER. THe second course is for endorsement. At least I think that's right - I find the language in the forms very confusing.

Obviously if anyone has any further information or corrections please contribute!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:28 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

that's a relief
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by harryed
After lots of torment I think I've cracked it - I applied for Mental Health Endorsement which is different from registration. I've gone over all the stuff againand it looks like you only need the one course (degree, diploma or certificate) to be able to REGISTER. THe second course is for endorsement. At least I think that's right - I find the language in the forms very confusing.

Obviously if anyone has any further information or corrections please contribute!
The other guy has done both diploma and degree. If he mentioned this in his forms then I dare say they would want to see both.

As far as I know my diploma certficate (which is all I've done) will suffice. I'll find out next week when my stuff gets to them if they need anything else or not.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hi Have you sent training transcripts from uni to them as well? Thats what they want if not! Uni's charge for this but they will only send direct to the registration board, not to you. My sisiter in law is doing it at the moment and it's costing her 60 quid! To top that she got on a post grad here in Gold Coast and they want a copy too so thats 120 quid. Money making!
But all worth it when you live here, trust me!
Marie
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

Hello mo!
fancy seeing you on here
went to uni and it's a one fee of £60 for both and they said that if i require any more within 6 months they will be free
shell
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi Have you sent training transcripts from uni to them as well? Thats what they want if not! Uni's charge for this but they will only send direct to the registration board, not to you. My sisiter in law is doing it at the moment and it's costing her 60 quid! To top that she got on a post grad here in Gold Coast and they want a copy too so thats 120 quid. Money making!
But all worth it when you live here, trust me!
Marie
My transcript only cost £30 and it's very detailed; the old one was full of blanks!

If you get certified copies, then surely you don't need to shell out for more from the college? A certified copy of anything is usually every bit as good as an original.

Good luck one and all with your applications. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.