ok...where are all the nurses?

Old May 4th 2006, 9:00 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Hi Tracey,

I know exactly how you feel. The should I stay or should I go question must go around in my head every 20 mins. Its strating to drive me nuts.

Like you, I have a HUGE to do list pinned up on my kitchen wall. So far, I have ticked off only 1 thing - our booked flights.

It sounds mad that we have done everything to get to this stage but still find I am deciding with 6 weeks to go if I am definetly going to do it.

Until I am on that plane I am still not 100% sure if I am going to do it. Think i am slowly going mad :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 9:16 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Originally Posted by td1
Hi Tracey,

I know exactly how you feel. The should I stay or should I go question must go around in my head every 20 mins. Its strating to drive me nuts.

Like you, I have a HUGE to do list pinned up on my kitchen wall. So far, I have ticked off only 1 thing - our booked flights.

It sounds mad that we have done everything to get to this stage but still find I am deciding with 6 weeks to go if I am definetly going to do it.

Until I am on that plane I am still not 100% sure if I am going to do it. Think i am slowly going mad :scared:
your post gave me such a huge smile, you and I sound so much alike!!!!

last Friday I was checking out the American nursing exams (NCLEX)!!, but after doing a practice test online I soon realised..............bugga that..............far to hard................go back to our original idea.....Oz!

I think the one thing keeping me sane is that we will keep our house here, and I'm not going with the idea that it is forever................I want to experience Oz, but I also want to come home when its right...........I loved Oz, but equally I love the UK (hope this makes sense).
Old May 4th 2006, 2:46 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

I know exactly what you mean. Its not that I dont like my life here- i just want to try something different. I think I must have gypsy blood in me because even though we are off to Melbourne, I dont know how long that will be for (Not that I am going to tell the hubby that).

Haven't kept a house in th U.K. but if it doesn't work out, at least I will have tried and can still come back here and start again.
Old May 4th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future

know what you mean about gypsy feet!
spent a lot of time travelling when younger and wanted to leave UK ever since - but falling in love kinda got in the way as took a while to get hubby on to that way of thinking!!

but like all still sit in my head with pro's and con's...although my wonderful nhs trust announcing today a review of the unit i run and job losses certainly gave me one big pro for leaving

just wish i could go tommorrow on a plane and sample a new life..if it works great if not other options i am sure...just wish DIMIA would put me out of my misery and let me know

ah well...time to head home...at least the sun is shining so the pub garden is calling
Old May 4th 2006, 8:17 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

NHS def seems to have some big problems at the moment, they are doing similar my old PCT and girl I know who just went back from Aus to UK can't get job so now thinking of coming back to Aus as we are desperate for nurses here.
Old May 4th 2006, 8:42 pm
td1
Forum Regular

I cant believe how many nurses are talking about all these cut backs and no jobs - how often is it you go onto a ward and they are over staffed - NEVER!!!!!! Its totally disgraceful what is going on.

NurseMand - I know what you mean about falling in love getting in the way of your travelling. Same thing happened to me during my nurse training and I never got to do the things I had always planned. Now I am dragging him over there with me
Old May 5th 2006, 10:48 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Hi Guys
Like many of you I have been visiting the site but not posting-sorry.I am a paeds nurse and am about to return to nursing to get that all important" 20 hrs per week" recent experience.This means we cant come over to Oz for at least 18 months.It seems like ages away and I havent even plucked up the courage to tell my parents yet!
We would like to move to QLD and probably Brisbane but it depends on jobs.
Here in England everyone is talking about redundancies etc but I have just joined the nurse bank and on an average week there are 1000 shifts to be filled! How screwed up is that!
Any way,this site keeps me going and gives me an aim.It is great to hear how poeple are doing and the advice is great.
LOL
Andrea
Old May 5th 2006, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hi Guys
Like many of you I have been visiting the site but not posting-sorry.I am a paeds nurse and am about to return to nursing to get that all important" 20 hrs per week" recent experience.This means we cant come over to Oz for at least 18 months.It seems like ages away and I havent even plucked up the courage to tell my parents yet!
We would like to move to QLD and probably Brisbane but it depends on jobs.
Here in England everyone is talking about redundancies etc but I have just joined the nurse bank and on an average week there are 1000 shifts to be filled! How screwed up is that!
Any way,this site keeps me going and gives me an aim.It is great to hear how poeple are doing and the advice is great.
LOL
Andrea
Hiya Andrea
Im in sort of the same position going back to work when youngest goes to school in Sept. We cant go till 2009 so hoping to have worked enough hours.
My prob is hubby away with the army so i have to work around the kids and OU study not going to be easy, but worth it in the end.
By the way are you interested in the NE meet (you are from NE?)
Mandy
Old May 5th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
this has become a very lonely forum....where are ya all?
arghh hun, i forgot about this forum how bad is that!!!???

well i'm back and will take an oath to never forget again

my latast is STILL no registration from QNC! lets see, its now been 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes friggin 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old May 5th 2006, 5:07 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by debbiemc

my latast is STILL no registration from QNC! lets see, its now been 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes friggin 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hiya debb

we missed you!!! lol and great to chat to you the other night!

look after me prezzie!

keep me posted

Old May 5th 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
hiya debb

we missed you!!! lol and great to chat to you the other night!

look after me prezzie!

keep me posted

Old May 5th 2006, 6:07 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc

Thats ridiculous!!! I thought they were in desperate need of nurses!!!
Old May 5th 2006, 6:16 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Thats ridiculous!!! I thought they were in desperate need of nurses!!!

do you know what, i bet its da bitch!!

they really should get a grip its very bad service

hows things mrs jfw?!
Old May 5th 2006, 6:25 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
do you know what, i bet its da bitch!!

they really should get a grip its very bad service

hows things mrs jfw?!
Its my last night tonight, thank god! then we are off to Butlins on monday, but the weather is gonna change this weekend! never mind! as long as there is a bar that sells alcohol I will be happy...and the red coats can look after my kids!! lol

what are you up to this weekend?

jackie x
Old May 5th 2006, 6:31 pm
going home!!

Its my last night tonight, thank god! then we are off to Butlins on monday, but the weather is gonna change this weekend! never mind! as long as there is a bar that sells alcohol I will be happy...and the red coats can look after my kids!! lol

what are you up to this weekend?

jackie x

well youngest one will be two monday, so was wanting to do something nice, so going to the zoo! hope the weather holds out though - you cant plan anything in uk, role on oz! then at least weekend planning will be a little easier!

just waiting for tea to cook, and just opened the red! what must the recycle man think!!! pmsl

have a lovely hol, it will be strange not seeing you on BE! will be a good break for you, have fun and enjoy the alcohol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.