ok...where are all the nurses?

Old May 2nd 2006, 1:21 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default ok...where are all the nurses?

this has become a very lonely forum....where are ya all?
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

I'm here!
I browse daily but haven't got much of interest to say so don't post often. I'ts great reading how everyone else is progressing though.
We are trying to sell the house - visas granted last August and we validated last Sept. I'ts very frustrating knowing we have the visas but can't go until we sell.
Just have to plod on and hope things pick up soon.
Kitty
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:37 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

I was thinking just the same thing the other day.

I am still coming on many, many times each day ( dont know if I am going to have to see someone soon about my habit ) but must admit with only about 7 weeks till I go and a million things to do I have had to reduce myself to a quick check and quick answers a few times a day.

If I dont do that, I find my day of getting prepeared for moving to Australia is gone and all i have done is sit on the computer- again!!!!!!!!
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:04 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
I was thinking just the same thing the other day.

I am still coming on many, many times each day ( dont know if I am going to have to see someone soon about my habit ) but must admit with only about 7 weeks till I go and a million things to do I have had to reduce myself to a quick check and quick answers a few times a day.

If I dont do that, I find my day of getting prepeared for moving to Australia is gone and all i have done is sit on the computer- again!!!!!!!!
Hello td1.

I am like you, keep browsing to see if I have missed anything exciting! I think it generally goes a bit quiet over the bank holiday weekend, everyone must be out having a good time! Only 7 weeks to go! thats really exciitng. Where are you heading and what have you got left to do then? have you got a job lined up?

jackie x
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:17 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hello td1.

I am like you, keep browsing to see if I have missed anything exciting! I think it generally goes a bit quiet over the bank holiday weekend, everyone must be out having a good time! Only 7 weeks to go! thats really exciitng. Where are you heading and what have you got left to do then? have you got a job lined up?

jackie x
Hi Jackie,

Off to Melbourne ( but still no idea whch part ) and I still have everthing to do apart from book my flights. There are lots of things that I have half sorted like accommodation, shippers and renting cars but I am finding it hard to finally book them cos then there is no turning back!! I do want to go but it will be so final once I have arranged all them.

As for lining up a job- Nooooooo chance. I am going to get myself settled with school, house and car before I even think about going out to work. Also, as we dont know where we are heading it is difficult to pinpoint a hospital to work in.

Will just have to live of beans and toast for a wee while.

Has the waiting for your visa started to drive you mad yet ( I know its only just gone off but I was terrible waiting for mine)
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:34 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by td1
Hi Jackie,

Off to Melbourne ( but still no idea whch part ) and I still have everthing to do apart from book my flights. There are lots of things that I have half sorted like accommodation, shippers and renting cars but I am finding it hard to finally book them cos then there is no turning back!! I do want to go but it will be so final once I have arranged all them.

As for lining up a job- Nooooooo chance. I am going to get myself settled with school, house and car before I even think about going out to work. Also, as we dont know where we are heading it is difficult to pinpoint a hospital to work in.

Will just have to live of beans and toast for a wee while.

Has the waiting for your visa started to drive you mad yet ( I know its only just gone off but I was terrible waiting for mine)
LOL. no i've not started to get mad just yet....but I am sure it will come in time. We are still waiting for our police checks to come back and then once we get our file number we will book our medicals. We are away next week in Butlins so that will pass some time away. Infact May is quite a busy month for us, we are doing something every weekend so it will be June before I know it. Hopefully the weather will be nice soon so that will take our minds of things as we get out and about doing things.

I don't know about you but it seems everything i do right now I keep thinking about how I will feel when I am in Oz and not experiencing what I have now. We went to wales yesterday to pick the kids up from MIL. As you drive into Colwyn bay you go down a steep hill and the view is fabulous. MIL lives close to the sea and has lovely views from her house. I've taken mental pictures if you know what I mean. I said to hubby that I would quite like to live somewhere on a hill that overlooks the sea with a stunning view when we get to Oz, but then I suppose so does everyone else!! lol.

Now the visa application is in, I am starting to question the reality of what we are doing...I am sure I will get worse as time goes on. Hubby is quite different to me, he will cut off from people here to prepare himself for the move, whereas I want to spend and cherish the time I have with people and make the most of the time we have left here.

God I've made this post sound like a therapy session!! lol. thanks for listening!

jackie x
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
popped in to see what's happening as been offline for a while. Does seem pretty quiet, but goes that way from time to time. In a wee bit of a downer, have the visa but not able to go just yet. Reading about other people who are just about to go/have just gone really makes me envious Sometimes it feels like my turn will never come But tomorrow's another day and i know I'll have brightened up by then. So best of luck to everyone who is almost there/just gone
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

this has become a very lonely forum....where are ya all?
Hiya
Sent email to all those colleges etc doing conversion course but to no avail no replies.
Have sent email to the proffesional bodies for ENG in NSW so hopefully i will find out if i can do conversion course in oz.
Mandy
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:59 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Hi Mrs JFW, I'm still here too, on every day but don't have anything interesting to say!! In limbo at the moment, had everything done for meds and pcc request but silly me at the police station the officer recommended ticking both scottish and national data base things, but we only needed the scottish one (which came back within 3 days) so waiting impatiently for PCC from England to come back, if we hadnt done that everything would be away and we would probably have had visa by now, but hey it's done now.

just trying now to decide where to go, we really want to go to Perth but with our luck we really should go where the most opportunities are, and it doesnt look like fun trying to get a rental or buy a house in Perth, so just swatting up on Brisbane and the sunshine coast (and hospitals).

Anyways, good luck with your application and your meds.

Clairex
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:07 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi Mrs JFW, I'm still here too, on every day but don't have anything interesting to say!! In limbo at the moment, had everything done for meds and pcc request but silly me at the police station the officer recommended ticking both scottish and national data base things, but we only needed the scottish one (which came back within 3 days) so waiting impatiently for PCC from England to come back, if we hadnt done that everything would be away and we would probably have had visa by now, but hey it's done now.

just trying now to decide where to go, we really want to go to Perth but with our luck we really should go where the most opportunities are, and it doesnt look like fun trying to get a rental or buy a house in Perth, so just swatting up on Brisbane and the sunshine coast (and hospitals).

Anyways, good luck with your application and your meds.

Clairex

Mandi - good luck with hearing about the conversion courses, hope something comes up for you.

Claire, we are looking at Brissy and sunshine coast, looks gorgeous. I've emailed some of the hospitals my CV and they get back intouch straight away and asked me to come and visit when I go out later this year for a reccie.

Remind me what area of nursing are you in? Who knows maybe we can meet up in Brissy sometime! I think I will have more friends in Oz than I do in Uk at this rate!

jackie x
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:09 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Hiya,
popped in to see what's happening as been offline for a while. Does seem pretty quiet, but goes that way from time to time. In a wee bit of a downer, have the visa but not able to go just yet. Reading about other people who are just about to go/have just gone really makes me envious Sometimes it feels like my turn will never come But tomorrow's another day and i know I'll have brightened up by then. So best of luck to everyone who is almost there/just gone
I'm feeling a bit down today Sorchar.....is it a full moon? lol
I feel a bit anxious, but don't know why! I am weird sometimes!
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:22 am
td1
Forum Regular

LOL. no i've not started to get mad just yet....but I am sure it will come in time. We are still waiting for our police checks to come back and then once we get our file number we will book our medicals. We are away next week in Butlins so that will pass some time away. Infact May is quite a busy month for us, we are doing something every weekend so it will be June before I know it. Hopefully the weather will be nice soon so that will take our minds of things as we get out and about doing things.

I don't know about you but it seems everything i do right now I keep thinking about how I will feel when I am in Oz and not experiencing what I have now. We went to wales yesterday to pick the kids up from MIL. As you drive into Colwyn bay you go down a steep hill and the view is fabulous. MIL lives close to the sea and has lovely views from her house. I've taken mental pictures if you know what I mean. I said to hubby that I would quite like to live somewhere on a hill that overlooks the sea with a stunning view when we get to Oz, but then I suppose so does everyone else!! lol.

Now the visa application is in, I am starting to question the reality of what we are doing...I am sure I will get worse as time goes on. Hubby is quite different to me, he will cut off from people here to prepare himself for the move, whereas I want to spend and cherish the time I have with people and make the most of the time we have left here.

God I've made this post sound like a therapy session!! lol. thanks for listening!

jackie x
I think sometimes you do need a natter about how you are feeling. Sometimes I think I am so caught up in all the form filling and organising the move and everything that you dont really have time to think about yourself.

Like you say Jackie, you seem to be taking mental pictures of everyhting because you don't know if you will ever see them again.

Just had my sister up to visit for the week-end now I am thinking OMG- I will probably only see her twice again before we leave. Keeping bussy keeps a lot of these emotions under check but then as soon as I have a spare 5 mins I start to think if I am doing the right thing.
I am sure everyone must think this but it is sooooooooooooo hard to convince yourself 100% that it is the right thing you are doing.

I am currently at 80% in favour of going so think that is pretty good for the moment Feel very scared though!!
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:37 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

hiya jackie, im here!!! pmsl

you know al about me though!, just waiting and waiting and more waiting!!!

it wont be long though for me, not got anything really to moan about, i should be enjoying the uk!!lol but its cold! iv just put my heating on!

Old May 2nd 2006, 11:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

yes, it has gone quiet.......i think the reason is cos there are only us dozen or so nurses left in the uk - the rest are already in aus/usa!!!!

hi jackie, sorry to hear you are down...can be a bit of a bugger, i know. im peed off cos i cant make any progress with mals tra - got stuck on a question, and the only forum advice im getting is ''if your stuck, get agent'' - dont want to spend £500 on one question
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

must be a full moon Jackie. It can be so difficult trying to explain to family and friends the utter frustration of having a seemingly endless wait. I just feel like a little cork bobbing about all by myself in the ocean Think I shall just get into the car and take me a little drive up to the shop that sells the most gorgeous creamy/chocolatey goodies and will indulge myself a little. That always helps. It's cold, grey and raining here at the mo so that doesn't help much either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.