Nursing in the USA

Old Apr 10th 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nursing in the USA

Hi to all the nurses heading for the USA or already out there!

(just wanted to start a thread for the USA nurses as everywhere else is covered!!LOL)

Old Apr 10th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taking the NCLEX??

Here are a couple o sites with practise tests if anyone about to do the NCLEX

http://tatianamik.topcities.com/nursing3/index.htm

http://www.nursingreview.com/
Old Apr 10th 2004, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

mclemony is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOh dejavu

Hiyah sue

Mel
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:16 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi from sunny Phoenix! Glad to answer any questions from UK nurses wanting to head out to the USA. I've been here nearly 5 months already...can't believe it!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

NCLEX, Are all the questions that hard or am I thick?

Gill
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Gill and Rob

Gill

Yeah some of the questions are that hard!!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 5:37 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Gill
Yes, they really are that hard! LOL. Best advice I can give you is to answer as many practise questions as you can. That way you can get a feel for what they want even if you don't know the answer. It really is a technique. I did about 6000 questions in preparation for my NCLEX, and on the day I was convinced I had failed, but I had actually passed, which just goes to show it's all in your ability to "read" the questions. Good luck!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:02 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Gill

you and me both gill!!!
I did the first 45, and got 13 wrong!!! mind you, I have only done maternity in my training (9 weeks, about 13 years ago!!) and the drug names are confusing!! - well, thats my excuse!!

sue
Old Apr 12th 2004, 11:56 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi

I took the CGFNS and passed despite the drugs having different names and lab values being different!I remember not having a clue what compezine was or is it compazine?

I was in the USA working when I did the state boards and the hospital I worked for sent me on some revision days

If I can pass anyone can!!!

Nikki x
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by nikkers

If I can pass anyone can!!!

Nikki x

Same here!!!! I am useless at exams and found the NCLEX very hard...but a little bit of me did enjoy studying and learning new things again...but it was only a little bit of me that enjoyed it. I am so relieved that the NCLEX is behind me now!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

paul6831h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing in the US

Hi everyone, my story is possibly a little different I do not know.. I am going through the marriage route, so I applied independantly to the CGFNS to take the exam, after recieving my transcript of training they say that I am deficient in some of my Nurse training I qualified in 1982. They say I am deficient in Maternal / Infant Nursing, because My training school closed down in 1987 there are NO Nurse Training records available not even at the NMC archives. The transcript that was sent over was from the local university that took over Nurse Training. The transcript said I had done Gyneacology and not Obstetric Nursing, as a result of that transcript I have to go back to school whenI get to the US to make up the 90 hours at a stagering cost of $2000 before I can even take the CGFNS exam, then there will be the NCLEX. If anyone is going down this same route I urge you to try and see the transcript before it is sent to ensure that it reflects your Training Correctly.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nursing in the US

Originally posted by paul6831h
Hi everyone, my story is possibly a little different I do not know.. I am going through the marriage route, so I applied independantly to the CGFNS to take the exam, after recieving my transcript of training they say that I am deficient in some of my Nurse training I qualified in 1982. They say I am deficient in Maternal / Infant Nursing, because My training school closed down in 1987 there are NO Nurse Training records available not even at the NMC archives. The transcript that was sent over was from the local university that took over Nurse Training. The transcript said I had done Gyneacology and not Obstetric Nursing, as a result of that transcript I have to go back to school whenI get to the US to make up the 90 hours at a stagering cost of $2000 before I can even take the CGFNS exam, then there will be the NCLEX. If anyone is going down this same route I urge you to try and see the transcript before it is sent to ensure that it reflects your Training Correctly.
Paul do you remember doing obstetrics?,when i got my transcripts all my psychiatry was down as health promotion but after i challenged the university which is now responsible for nurse education,they managed to amend the transcript which meant i was able to sit the NCLEX,I trained in 1983 so similar time frame.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:35 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul

I trained in 1981 qualified in 1984 and my transcript was ok for

the USA

My records were traced to miles from where I trained in the

archives of some uni and my actual records can't be found now

but they sent a Transcript from someone in my set and a

covering letter and its been ok for Australia

They sent this all to me and I sent it on so I agree to check what

is sent

Nikki x
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

paul6831h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing in the US

Originally posted by geordiegirl2
Paul do you remember doing obstetrics?,when i got my transcripts all my psychiatry was down as health promotion but after i challenged the university which is now responsible for nurse education,they managed to amend the transcript which meant i was able to sit the NCLEX,I trained in 1983 so similar time frame.
Thanks for the reply. I remember my Obstetric placement very well it was a bit of a milestone in this area I was the 3rd Male Nurse to go to the local Maternity Hospital, the two before me were two Psychy Nurses doing their general training.
Can I ask did you see your transcript before it was sent? I did not so I cannot see the CGFNS accepting an amended transcript. I am going to Texas so I have to complete the CGFNS exam before I can take the NCLEX. The CGFNS suggested I contact the NMC but again NO transcripts found in Archives which is really annoying because you are on the Register but there are no records to show all of the trouble you went through to get there in the first place. Hence the going back to school issue.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

wllorente57 is an unknown quantity at this point

my apologies for not answering your question.... but, do you still need to take CGFNS before taking NCLEX-Texas? Thought only Florida and Texas accept foreign-born nurses to take NCLEX without CGFNS.

best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.