nursing registration for WA

Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:28 am
Moving this year !

ochilgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing registration for WA

hi there , im currently completing application form for general registration nursing form AGOS-40 am i right in thinking i have to have completed this form in order to apply for skilled visa ??

are there any other nurses out there who are going through emigrating process ?

im confused.com !
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing registration for WA

Originally Posted by ochilgal
hi there , im currently completing application form for general registration nursing form AGOS-40 am i right in thinking i have to have completed this form in order to apply for skilled visa ??

im confused.com !
I've moved you to the nursing forum - loads of them in here
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

im confused.com !
Hi ochigal! If you are going for skilled migration (PR) you need to get your nursing assessed with ANMAC then register with APHRA. If you going on a temporary visa you can get registered first. You don't need to do IELTS if you can demonstrate that you were educated/trained in certain countries such as UK/Ireland.

If a skills assessment is needed the first stage is to complete an IELTS and achieve a minimum score in the academic test of 7.5 in all areas, although if you need extra points you can get 20 points for scores of 8. This can take time so general advice is that you to complete this at the earliest stage. IELTS can forward test results for you.

The NMC can veryify registration and help is on their website for working overseas. You will need transcripts from your degree/nurse training for both assessment and registration and the ANMAC can forward to APHRA for you.

All your documentation (registration/transcripts/CV etc) will need notarised by specified professionals. ANMAC etc will tell you which are accepted.

Good luck! Where are you off to in OZ if and when you get there?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:52 pm
Moving this year !

thank you so much for advice , planning on going to perth with husband and 2 kids - its all confusing all the forms / visa advice on differing sites , hope im off to a right start now
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

I know it is very confusing. I have spent a month or two researching this here and other places. I am hoping to find out if I can get sponsorship at the skills event in London later this month as ENS probably the only option for me now.

Which visa are you applying for?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:02 pm
Moving this year !

175 visa - think i have to complete the nursing registration form first before i can procede with visa ?
thats my plan anyway !
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

If you are going for 175 visa based on your nursing you need to do IELTS first, then ANMAC skills assessment and then APHRA registration.

You can register first with APHRA, as far as I understand it, if you have a job offer to accompany the registration application.

You are not eligible under DIAC points system for skilled visa if the skills haven't been assessed and the registration done. All this means you will most likely have to submit under the new scheme in July 2012 an Expression of Interest and wait in an Invitation to Apply for migration as skills assessment etc take time.

Hope that helps?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:39 pm
Moving this year !

lol might have a re-think !!!

what do you think the best visa to go for is ?

im not sure how to go about getting sponsorship ? arggggg !! lol
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The best visa by far is the 175 if you are eligible. It gives you the freedom to go and work where you choose. You really do not want to be tied to an employer if you don't need to be. Some people have been lucky but others have had awful experiences.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Grayling is right.

If you are able to migrate on a 175 then that is the best visa, you just need to know why you do it in that order for nursing and to know about the change in rules in July 2012.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

Hi ochilgal

my wife is a registered nurse in the uk and we have applied for the 175 visa. Registering with ahpra can be done any time and we were advised by employers in Perth to get registration asap as it looks better when applying for jobs, which we have done and are now in a job pool.

We also booked the ielts test and had to wait around 10 weeks for an available date in our area. Once the results came through, fortunately good ones, we applied for the skills assessment straight away with anmac. As soon as that came through we sent off the visa application.

Ahpra processed the registration and said once we get to Perth we have to go to their office with my wifes passport and she will be registered there and then.

Now we're just waiting to be allocated a case officer.

hth
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shackybracky
Hi ochilgal

my wife is a registered nurse in the uk and we have applied for the 175 visa. Registering with ahpra can be done any time and we were advised by employers in Perth to get registration asap as it looks better when applying for jobs, which we have done and are now in a job pool.

We also booked the ielts test and had to wait around 10 weeks for an available date in our area. Once the results came through, fortunately good ones, we applied for the skills assessment straight away with anmac. As soon as that came through we sent off the visa application.

Ahpra processed the registration and said once we get to Perth we have to go to their office with my wifes passport and she will be registered there and then.

Now we're just waiting to be allocated a case officer.

hth
That is good to know shackybracky , apologies ochigal as it appears that I have misinformed you. Good luck with the 175 etc
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:48 am
Moving this year !

thanks for all your info - still confused lol but becoming clearer i think ! wish there was some magic way ! lol

the english test part is confusing , some people say you need it others say its not needed !! argggg !!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:22 pm
Banned

aliciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nice

If you've done 5 years of continuous education in English then you DO NOT have to do IELTS.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aliciaf
If you've done 5 years of continuous education in English then you DO NOT have to do IELTS.
Yes if only applying for APHRA registration and not skills assessment.

If however you are doing a skills assessment for skilled migration you do have to do IELTS or OET.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.