Nursing Question

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough
Default Nursing Question

Hi all. Does anyone know how i go about paying my NMC retention fee for England?.

They sent me the slip etc and i was just wandering if i can put my suncorp credit card details on? as i dont have any UK bank account anymore and they dont do phone banking

thanks
debbie
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Question

Originally Posted by Richard007
Hi all. Does anyone know how i go about paying my NMC retention fee for England?.

They sent me the slip etc and i was just wandering if i can put my suncorp credit card details on? as i dont have any UK bank account anymore and they dont do phone banking

thanks
debbie
I'll move this to the nursing forum - you might be more likely to get an answer in there.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Hi,

I did,nt think you would have to pay anything if you are no longer working in the UK?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

I've emailed the NMC as I'd like to keep my registraton (just in case i do go back).
Will let you know if/when they answer
Maria

Last edited by seanandmaria; Mar 24th 2008 at 10:09 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
I've emailed the NMC as I'd like to keep my registraton (just in case i do go back).
Maria

oh brilliant
thanks a million
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi,

I did,nt think you would have to pay anything if you are no longer working in the UK?

hi. Its a "just in case thing"....its better to keep it going i think otherwise you would have to do the back to nursing course which costs a fair bit and takes a fair bit as well..if you ever go back...even in 10 years.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:55 am
Just Joined

MelodyS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richard007
hi. Its a "just in case thing"....its better to keep it going i think otherwise you would have to do the back to nursing course which costs a fair bit and takes a fair bit as well..if you ever go back...even in 10 years.

Hi ! I hadn't even thought about doing that! I had thought of contacting them to tell them I was off!!! It does seem a good idea though to keep up the registration, even for a couple of years. Just incase!!!!

Thanks again. xxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Theres anothother thread that someone has relpied to that might bear thinking about. I haven't heard back from the NMC as yet I'll keep you posted thought..... the new thread is http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525176

Maria
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Maria
Glad you brought it up Maria. I would prefer to keep my registration - not putting all eggs in one basket and all that stuff!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

jaisondavis is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

BcBound is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have spoken to the NMC about maintaining my registration with them after I move overseas. The advice from the call centre was that this in an unnecessary expense. They said as long as you complete the required hours of practice whilst abroad, (Approx. 1200hrs in 5 years I think, but best to check) there would be no problem entering the NMC register again if you return. A letter from your overseas employer +/- Nursing Board/Council should suffice as evidence.
Just make sure that you inform the NMC that you will be moving overseas to practice and they will place a note in your file to make it easier if you ever return.

That £70 odd better spent on something in your new home than in the NMC' account I think.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BcBound
Hi,

I have spoken to the NMC about maintaining my registration with them after I move overseas. The advice from the call centre was that this in an unnecessary expense. They said as long as you complete the required hours of practice whilst abroad, (Approx. 1200hrs in 5 years I think, but best to check) there would be no problem entering the NMC register again if you return. A letter from your overseas employer +/- Nursing Board/Council should suffice as evidence.
Just make sure that you inform the NMC that you will be moving overseas to practice and they will place a note in your file to make it easier if you ever return.

That £70 odd better spent on something in your new home than in the NMC' account I think.

Hope this helps.
Useful information BcBound - thankyou very much.