Nursing advice needed

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Nursing advice needed

Hi was wondering if any UK nurses who are in a similar situation could give me some advice.

I am a RN from Scotland and I am applying for a Skilled Worker Visa to get into Canada. I have been qualified since September 2008 and have the Bachelor in Adult Nurisng.
I am aware that in Canada the nursing is generalised, so my question is - how do I go about gaining experience or a qualification in Obstetrics, Peds and Mental Health so that I am eligible to sit the CRNE? Does anyone know of any courses that you can sit? The provinces we are interested in are - Ontario, BC, Alberta and Nova Scotia.

Cat
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing advice needed

I had to do something for NS and the college put me in touch with the appropriate people and once I did requirements they sent required documents to CRNNS and I received eligibility to sit CRNE

Each province is different and some may just require some form of assessment. Only way really is to sort out the province you really want to live and work in and apply to their College of RN's and get your transcripts assessed