Nurses Take Home Pay

Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

livifc999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses Take Home Pay

Can someone out there tell me what they take home weekly or monthly. My salary before tax would be $61,000 plus shift allowance average 10%-15% on top of that and some salary packaging.

Just trying to get a handle on how may dollars would find themselves into my bank account.

Thanks

Elaine
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses Take Home Pay

Originally Posted by livifc999
Can someone out there tell me what they take home weekly or monthly. My salary before tax would be $61,000 plus shift allowance average 10%-15% on top of that and some salary packaging.

Just trying to get a handle on how may dollars would find themselves into my bank account.

Thanks

Elaine
Look here:

www.ato.gov.au

There is a tax calculator on that site.

G
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for that.

Looked it up and on an income of $67000 it says I would pay $16,500 in tax and $1000 on medicare leaving $49,500 or $4125 a month. Salary packaging might add another $200 a month back to me.

If it were as simple as $4300 in my hand a month I am pretty sure my family could survive on that until my husband finds work.

If anyone thinks my figures are correct for a midwife working in NSW let me know.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:30 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for that.

Looked it up and on an income of $67000 it says I would pay $16,500 in tax and $1000 on medicare leaving $49,500 or $4125 a month. Salary packaging might add another $200 a month back to me.

If it were as simple as $4300 in my hand a month I am pretty sure my family could survive on that until my husband finds work.

If anyone thinks my figures are correct for a midwife working in NSW let me know.
Possibly about right but you can't always salary sacrafice straight away you may have to wait till 6 mth probation out the way first.

In the long run no worse off than UK same story depends how big a house you get and the mortgage payment and how much you are going to blow on other stuff.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Going for at most a $200k mortgage but will hopefully have a years payments with us (approx $1500 or £620 a month) so that should take the pressure off.

Thanks for the heads up about salary sacrafice.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for an Agency, get as much work as I want, and earn a base salary of $36 an hour for weekdays, $59 weekends and $80 for public holidays. That is before shift enhancements and 'leisure hours' (holiday pay)
They also provide Super.

I work 3 days a week, and earn more than I did when I worked full-time for a hospital here.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Going for at most a $200k mortgage but will hopefully have a years payments with us (approx $1500 or £620 a month) so that should take the pressure off.

Thanks for the heads up about salary sacrafice.
I could salary sacrifice straight away but my OH has to wait 6 months so I think it depends on the company or hospital you work for.
Tracie
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

CasG, if you don't mind saying, what agency do you work for?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

CasG, if you don't mind saying, what agency do you work for?
Swingshift...they are very good.

PM me if you want further info.

Cas
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:05 pm

Wink Re: Nurses Take Home Pay

Here's a good easy breakdown of pay pre tax for Queensland for anyone who's interested... http://www.health.qld.gov.au/industr...es_nursing.asp

and a breakdown of who does what Nurse duty/role...

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing...eer_struct.asp

Thanks

Elaine
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

I work for CNS (part of Origin Healthcare), used to be called Nursing Australia, an agency in Melbourne as a midwife, but as far as I know have branches in all major Australian cities.

I get paid $44.25 per hour weekdays, and $66.40 weekends, plus $48 night shift allowance for nights. I work three nights per week and usually end up with about $900 to $1000 in my bank account for this.

There is plenty of work and I am never short of shifts. Its a good way to see which hospitals you would like to work in too. I initially thought I would only work agency for a year, but the money is too good to stop now, and as I get plenty of work, there is no need to look for anything else at the moment.

The only downside is there is no holiday or sick pay, but you can work extra shifts to make up for this. They pay my superannuation on top of this too!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:49 am

Australia seems to have a lot higher % of casual staff of all sorts than UK, it's seen as much more the norm and more acceptable.

Originally Posted by melibeam
I work for CNS (part of Origin Healthcare), used to be called Nursing Australia, an agency in Melbourne as a midwife, but as far as I know have branches in all major Australian cities.

I get paid $44.25 per hour weekdays, and $66.40 weekends, plus $48 night shift allowance for nights. I work three nights per week and usually end up with about $900 to $1000 in my bank account for this.

There is plenty of work and I am never short of shifts. Its a good way to see which hospitals you would like to work in too. I initially thought I would only work agency for a year, but the money is too good to stop now, and as I get plenty of work, there is no need to look for anything else at the moment.

The only downside is there is no holiday or sick pay, but you can work extra shifts to make up for this. They pay my superannuation on top of this too!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks melibeam and annqldau for the info.

Working for an agency seems tempting . My only problem is I feel I need a full time job to give me the secutity when I first arrive as I will be the main bread winner. It's a catch 22 situation.

I am heading to Australia in May for a very brief visit (10 days, I must be mad) visiting Sydney and Adelaide. I have arranged to visit the Nepean in Sydney and four hospitals in Adelaide, hopefully I will get a feel for the units as I tour them all be it briefly.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Thanks melibeam and annqldau for the info.

Working for an agency seems tempting . My only problem is I feel I need a full time job to give me the secutity when I first arrive as I will be the main bread winner. It's a catch 22 situation.

I am heading to Australia in May for a very brief visit (10 days, I must be mad) visiting Sydney and Adelaide. I have arranged to visit the Nepean in Sydney and four hospitals in Adelaide, hopefully I will get a feel for the units as I tour them all be it briefly.
Just a quick question. If you get $900- $1000 in your account every week, is that nett or gross? I'm a bit confused about tax, even after reading the ato website.
Do you have tax taken out in order to pay your tax bill, and does everyone in Australia have to do a yearly tax return? I have gathered that there is no PAYE, in Australia.
I would choose to have the take taken out, so that I don't get a huge tax bill that I can't pay.

Thanks
Moira
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chatterboxmoira
Just a quick question. If you get $900- $1000 in your account every week, is that nett or gross? I'm a bit confused about tax, even after reading the ato website.
Do you have tax taken out in order to pay your tax bill, and does everyone in Australia have to do a yearly tax return? I have gathered that there is no PAYE, in Australia.
I would choose to have the take taken out, so that I don't get a huge tax bill that I can't pay.

Thanks
Moira

The amount I quoted is the net pay I get. The agency as my employers, pay the tax from the gross amount.

I did a tax return last year, I used a tax accountant and got a few hundred dollars back. As far as I know if you are employed, the employers have to deduct tax from your earnings.

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.