No idea where to start

Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:54 am
Just Joined

rachieroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face No idea where to start

I am looking at applying for an Skilled – Independent visa (Subclass 136)

I've printed off the forms and booklet but I can't seem to find the visa in the booklet. I just don't know where to start in applying for verfication. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list/fool proof guide.

Thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:22 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No idea where to start

Hi Rachie,

welcome to BE.

You need to firstly contact the NMC here and get them to send you the form so you can request verification to be sent to ANMC (Oz). It cost £34 and you can have verification of your registration sent to ANMC and up to 4 states in Oz.

Once you have done that you need to have your skills assessment done. You can do the full skills assessment or the modified skills assessment.

The modified skills assessment is a bit cheaper but you have to register with the nursing board of the state in which you want to work first. So you would need to sort out registration. Depending on which state you work in this can take anything from a few weeks to a few months.

If you do the full skills assesment you just send all the required info off and wait for a letter of determination from them to say you meet the required skills for Oz. This gets sent off with your visa application. You cannot apply for a visa without this. You can then register with the nursing board any time you like, as this doesn't affect the visa application.

You can start filling in the visa application while you are waiting for your skills assessment to come back.

Hope this sheds some light, let me know if I can help any further.

Good luck

jackie x
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

hi

thanks for the info, the NMC have just said I need to inform the AMNC and fill their forms in first?? Is that right?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rachieroo
hi

thanks for the info, the NMC have just said I need to inform the AMNC and fill their forms in first?? Is that right?
No. As jackie said your first step is to get verification sent to the ANMC and whatever australian state you want to work in. Ask the NMC to send you the verification pack. If I remember rightly there is information about this on the NMC website.
Tracie
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

ah ok thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

The verification section isn't that easy to find to be honest, but here it is!!

http://www.nmc-uk.org/aArticle.aspx?ArticleID=174

As described, they will send verification to 5 nursing boards (remember that each state in OZ has its own board). They can also send it to the ANMC.

If you apply for state registration first, which is the cheaper route, then you do not need to use one of your 5 verifications to be sent to the ANMC as your state will do that after you are registered (or rather, you will ask and pay them to, only AUD$15). If you do skills assessment first, then you need to use one verification for the ANMC.

Check this excellent thread out!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311323

good luck

Ade S