NMC (UK) Verification Certificates

Old May 22nd 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road
Default NMC (UK) Verification Certificates

As the NMC (UK) will provide up to 5 Verification Certificates for the £34 fee is it worth getting one for the State Nurse Boards as well as the ANMC?
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice
Default Re: NMC (UK) Verification Certificates

well at least the anmc and one of the states cos they have mutual recognition, but i spose if you don't know where you are going to start then all would be ok.........mind you i have been waiting ages for mine to be done, so good luck!...loux
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
As the NMC (UK) will provide up to 5 Verification Certificates for the £34 fee is it worth getting one for the State Nurse Boards as well as the ANMC?
Yes as you will need one for whatever state you choose to register in. just get them to forward one to your state nursing board and they hold it for 6 months (I think) while they wait for the rest of your registration application.
Tracie
Old May 23rd 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Been doing a bit more reading around. I'm I correct in assuming that getting registered with one of the Nursing Boards before applying to the ANMC for recognition can save around $500? I suppose that the Nursing Board will ask for the same documentation as the ANMC.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
Been doing a bit more reading around. I'm I correct in assuming that getting registered with one of the Nursing Boards before applying to the ANMC for recognition can save around $500? I suppose that the Nursing Board will ask for the same documentation as the ANMC.

Yes, it is cheaper applying to the state board first then doing ANMC modified.

However, it depends how quickly you want to send your visa application.
If speed is of the essence then do full ANMC skill assessment first.

Heres why- state board assessment is taking between 6-12 weeks. ANMC is taking at least 10weeks (inc modified assessments).

Therefore, for speed (but bit extra), do full ANMC, get letter of determination, and get it sent off with visa applIcaTion. Then do state registration. You can wait til you get to Oz and do it over the counter if you like.

If you do state registration first, the fact that you are registered in a state will not enable you to send off your visa application (as you wont have letter of determination), so the combined time will prob be at least 16 weeks ( and prob more), rather than 10.

confused??

gd luck

Ade S
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Aidiestubbs for your reply. The only thing that we need to do is have the visa application with Immigration before the OH is 45 which doesn't happen until next year (Aug) so speed is not of the essence. With a son completing Uni we are in no rush to get there just to get the 136 Visa, validate it with a holiday that will allow us a good look around and then move at leisure (within the current limits)