News from Paulb

Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: News from Paulb

Thought I better write an update. Been quite busy since arriving and not had much time to spend on here. Seems that most others are the same.

You will recall our earlier adventure's, planning to go to Grafton in NSW, and then deciding it was not for us. We then found ourselves on the other side of the world, no house and no job. I had holidayed in Bayside Brisbane in '92, so we decided to pitch up there. Got ourselves a rental and I got a job, and decided to consolidate over Xmas.

Recently we visited Melbourne, in particular the Mornington Peninsular, after hearing some positive reports. There are far more opportunities for work for Joanne (horse stables, equestrian etc), the climate is not as oppressive, and the beaches are terrific. Taking all this into account (and a few other reasons), we have decided to move down to Mornington on March 18th. I'm going down next week to finalise a job for me, and to sort out a rental, so that our furniture can be transported from door to door.

We have made some good friends here, Ann and Graeme, Nicky and Graham, Rich and Ange, Claire and Kevin to name but a few. But we have decided that Mornington may be a better option for us at this time, and we may look to buy a property, so we feel more settled.

So there you go, thats the latest little adventure for us. After everything else it will be like a walk in the park.

Good luck to everyone else.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:42 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Paul to you and yours....hope it all works out ok.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:56 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

That's great Paul, how do the children feel? suppose it's like an adventure for them, that's what we keep telling our girls
Have you heard from Stuart yet?
Oh well looks like I'll never get that drink you do know that's the reason why I'm moving to the other side of the world oh and the sunshine, the lifestyle, the beaches...........................................
Good luck with it all mate, hope it all works out for you.
Keep in touch

Mandi
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:51 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Thought I better write an update. Been quite busy since arriving and not had much time to spend on here. Seems that most others are the same.

You will recall our earlier adventure's, planning to go to Grafton in NSW, and then deciding it was not for us. We then found ourselves on the other side of the world, no house and no job. I had holidayed in Bayside Brisbane in '92, so we decided to pitch up there. Got ourselves a rental and I got a job, and decided to consolidate over Xmas.

Recently we visited Melbourne, in particular the Mornington Peninsular, after hearing some positive reports. There are far more opportunities for work for Joanne (horse stables, equestrian etc), the climate is not as oppressive, and the beaches are terrific. Taking all this into account (and a few other reasons), we have decided to move down to Mornington on March 18th. I'm going down next week to finalise a job for me, and to sort out a rental, so that our furniture can be transported from door to door.

We have made some good friends here, Ann and Graeme, Nicky and Graham, Rich and Ange, Claire and Kevin to name but a few. But we have decided that Mornington may be a better option for us at this time, and we may look to buy a property, so we feel more settled.

So there you go, thats the latest little adventure for us. After everything else it will be like a walk in the park.

Good luck to everyone else.
Hi Paul

I nearly fell over myself when spoke to Joanne on the phone but hey if its better for you guys to move to Mellie then we are all behind you.
I do have 1 condition though..... we see some of you before you go!!!

Good Luck over the next few weeks and if you need any help with the kids while you pack or something just give me a shout, yeah.

Luv Angie xx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:54 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thouht I better write an update. Been quite busy since arriving and not had much time to spend on here. Seems that most others are the same.

You will recall our earlier 'adventures', planning to go to Grafton in NSW, and then deciding it was not for us. We then found ourselves on the other side of the world, no house and no job. I had holidayed in Bayside Brisbane in '92, so we decided to pitch up there. Got ourselves a rental and I got a job, and decided to consolidate over Xmas.

Recently we visited Melbourne, in particular the Mornington Peninsular, after hearing some positive reports. There are far more opportunities for work for Joanne (horse stables, equestrian etc), the climate is not as oppresive, and the beaches are terrific. Taking all this into account (and a few other reasons), we have decided to move down to Mornington on March 18th. Im going down next week to finalise a job for me, and to sort out a rental, so that our furniture can be transported from door to door.

We have made some good friends here, Ann and Greame, Nicky and Graham, Rich and Ange, Claire and Kevin to name but a few. But we have decided that Mornington may be a better option for us at this time, and we may look to buy a property, so we feel more settled.

Did have a feel you both seemed to be drifting a little at this end, you had a job but it didn't seem quite what you wanted and it was obvious Joanne missed the horse contact. She could have kept one on our imaginary acre but god knows where that will be as we don't yet. Well just make sure there's a spare room above the stables for when we get down that way, you may see G before me as his new job seems to be sending him all over.

You have both shown you have the sense and guts to give another area a try before high tailing it back to the UK like some people do and you never know Melbourne may be just what you are looking for... .
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Its so nice that you are behind us folks, great to here.

We have no intention of moving back to the UK (not yet anyway), theres lots of other places to try. We do feel however that Mornington is more up our street so we do feel positive from the outset that this is where we will settle.

Last edited by paulb; Feb 20th 2006 at 8:28 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

We have no intention of moving back to the UK (not yet anyway), theres lots of other places to try. We do feel however that Mornington is more up our street so we do feel positive from the outset that this is where we will settle.
hi paul,

just wanted to say goodluck with it all, will be thinking of you and your family.
hope it all goes ok, keep in touch

Trish
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi paul,

just wanted to say goodluck with it all, will be thinking of you and your family.
hope it all goes ok, keep in touch

Trish
hi trish mate how the devil are you lady

paul, chuffed for you, good for you and i hope all goes smoothly for you all, keep in touch mate

debs
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Hi Paul, good luck with the move, if it does'nt suit, you could always try Adelaide we LOVE IT.
Let us know how you go
jacqui
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hi trish mate how the devil are you lady

paul, chuffed for you, good for you and i hope all goes smoothly for you all, keep in touch mate

debs

hello me little chooky egg!

all fine here mate, hows you, still waiting on your email!!
hope youre ok, ive just done 2 nights so off to bed , take care hun and keep in touch

luv

Trish
xx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:23 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be in big trouble with the Baysiders they will chuck you out the gang... .

You never know your TV may work down there as well.

And what do you mean the 'oppressive' climate....just because i'm sitting here with persperation running down my face at 9.20am doesn't mean it's oppressive (could be because i'm a mad Brit with the screen door open not locked down and shuttered down like the tv recommends. But didn't come all this way to sit in the gloom).

Graeme will be impressed you spelt his name correctly... .
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Well, you know my feelings! I'm very much behind you guys, but sad to lose you so quickly after just getting to know you.
We wish you all the very best, and hope it's all you want it to be.
Don't think this is the last of us Paul and Jo. We're heading down your way for a holiday next year!!!
Claire. x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:32 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

We'll really miss you guys, but wish you heaps of luck and happiness for the future.

We're sure to be ski-ing sometime near Melborne in future so hope to catch up with you again either on the slopes or before or after.

Keep in touch and let us have your updates about the job and move regularly.

You can always stay with us in future, if you want a Brisbane holiday!

We can also help with the move or cleaning the rental before you go - just let us know.

Good Luck

Graham & Nikki
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all your support folks, Jo and I really appreciate it. Had a feeling we were going to get some negative comments. Look forward to seeing you all before we leave.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:54 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Paul,

it's great to see so many of you all now settled in Oz (Claire, Trish, Jackie, etc.) Hope you are all well, looking forward to experiencing it soon.

take care everyone

Traceyxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.