newly qualified nurse

Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

emmasc8732 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newly qualified nurse

hi ,
im an irishnurse and will be registered in october i plan to work till march and get a 1 year working visa to australia. i needaadvice. i have looked at the 24/7 oz nursing agencyand actually advertise for bag packers nursing????? HELP PLEASE
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: newly qualified nurse

Originally Posted by emmasc8732
hi ,
im an irishnurse and will be registered in october i plan to work till march and get a 1 year working visa to australia. i needaadvice. i have looked at the 24/7 oz nursing agencyand actually advertise for bag packers nursing????? HELP PLEASE
What help do you need?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:23 am
Just Joined

i will have as little as 5 months experience and i am planning to move to sydney. what way are the nursing agencies/jobs in sydney. il def need to be accepted by an agency but will they take me with my experience..........
Old Aug 10th 2012, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i will have as little as 5 months experience and i am planning to move to sydney. what way are the nursing agencies/jobs in sydney. il def need to be accepted by an agency but will they take me with my experience..........
Will you have registeredd as a nurse with the ANMC? Have your skills assessed? done your IELTS and passed with a 7 in all areas? in time for March???..... Current processing times are around 14 weeks according to the website...

Where will you be working when you have qualified until you come over?

Also.... Being accepted by an agency doesnt guarentee work....

Sorry... Just throwing questions into the pot ....
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:28 am
Just Joined

no i havent done any of that.....im still waiting to get my own registration in ireland in october....i just need advice...im goin to oz in march for definently and il be workin as an agency nurse from oct to march till i go
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no i havent done any of that.....im still waiting to get my own registration in ireland in october....i just need advice...im goin to oz in march for definently and il be workin as an agency nurse from oct to march till i go
IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID PREVIOUSLY I CAME OUT ON A MIGRATION VISA!!!!!!!

You'll need to register here in australia....

What an agency will be able to offer you, work wise, may well be pretty limited as you will have limited experience.... Common sense really

And remember ... You will have only just made that transition from student to qualified Nurse... Which some people find a bit if a culture shock... AND you will be nursing in a different health culture.... With different rules/regulations/policies/procedures/norms and values......

But your coming whatever...

Last edited by eddie007; Aug 10th 2012 at 11:26 am.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Clare84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Emma, your best bet is to email around different Australian nursing agencies first and see what their criteria is to join... you may find though, that alot of them (but maybe not all?) want a minimum of 2years nursing exp before they will look at getting you to join/offering work...

If you have any luck with the nursing agencies, it may then be an idea to start gathering together the info/docs that you can get to already while your waiting to qualify, that way when u start looking at the Aus registration process with AHPRA your already ahead, as getting certs/letters from old schools etc may take awhile..

Hope this helps, Good luck
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely preferable to have completed a post grad year. Can you put off your trip for a year until you get this? Australia is not going anywhere x
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

for personalreasons ,im goin at this time. and iv the visa paid for...
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Ok then, as already mentioned above, make sure you have all documents ready to apply for Australian registration once you get your reg in Ireland as it can take a few months. Not sure if you'll need a skills assessment through ANMAC on a WHV but better to check.

Good luck with it all x
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Skills assessment????????
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

As I said I think that's more for certain types of visa but best to check. Please also ensure you follow AHPRA's guidelines for documentation as they can be very picky x
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all

for personalreasons ,im goin at this time. and iv the visa paid for...
Skills assessment????????
You definitely do not need a skills assessment for a WHV

You say you have paid for your visa, have you received it yet? As you intend to work within Healthcare you may have to obtain a Police check and have a Medical.

Take a look at this link http://originhealthcare.nga.net.au/b...app&MemberID=0 they require 6 months experience.

Good Luck with everything

Last edited by classybird; Aug 18th 2012 at 6:12 am. Reason: to add a link
Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

You don't have to use the Visa, and it will be very very hard to get nursing work without a further 6 months experience as a nurse. Australia will not consider you to be a qualified nurse with out a years post qualifying experience.

It is your decision. You may not be able to find work as a nurse at all though.........good luck.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

You might also need an Ochre card (Working with Children card). At least you do here in the NT x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.