Newly qualified midwife

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:46 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Default Newly qualified midwife

Hiya

I'm a registered nurse with just under one years experience in surgery/urology but am 1/3 of the way thru the 18 month midwifery course and our group have been told there is nadaaa chance of a job here! And no bloody nursing jobs here either!

So, I was just wondering would I be able to emigrate over to aus and work as a newly qualified midwife? or is it a no no?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Default Re: Newly qualified midwife

I qualified last year in the March 06 having done the 18 months, like you, just as trusts froze all jobs, and could not go back into nursing either. luckly in June 06 managed to do some bank midwifery followed luckly by being offered a 30 hour contract.

So hopefully hours wise I am slowly back on track for my PR visa requirements. I did do bank nursing and still do which helped with the worry of getting a midwifery post as that filled in the gap prior to getting a contract. Also I would have stepped up my nursing hours if no midwifery post had come along. I am very keen to get to OZ, either which way.

Jo