Newly Qualified advice please.

Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Newly Qualified advice please.

Hi all,
Can anyone help with a question for my brothers girlfriend.
She will be qualifying as a nurse in Sept 2006. Can she go straight to Australia and get work as a newly qualified or will she need to do some work experience in UK first? The hospital she is based have told them they are not all guaranteed a job when they qualify!!
She will be going on PR visa with my brother, he will be main applicant so she dosen't need the experience for the visa!
I'll be landing in Brisbane in October so will be able to look into it then myself, but we would appreciate any advice from people already there or who are in the know!!
Sorry for waffling I'm on nights!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Marie
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:39 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newly Qualified advice please.

hi and welcome

im not 100% sure on this one.......... as she wont need to apply for perm visa (136) i think she may get away with experience part, however she will almost certainly need her skills assessed and i cant remember if experience will then come up, she will have to be in a job of some sort to get a reference as a qualified nurse, i think!!

sorry i will look at my big fat folder full of info and try and get back to you later, but im sure others maybe able to help some more, perhaps Grayling??.........

amanda
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know the experience is only necessary when applying for a skilled visa based on Nursing qualifications.

She would need to register in the state in which she wants to work. I do not think there would be a problem but she could check the state website.

She would surely be in the same position as a nurse newly qualified in Australia and it will be up to a hospital/health authority if they choose to employ her.

Good luck

G
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
As far as I know the experience is only necessary when applying for a skilled visa based on Nursing qualifications.

She would need to register in the state in which she wants to work. I do not think there would be a problem but she could check the state website.

She would surely be in the same position as a nurse newly qualified in Australia and it will be up to a hospital/health authority if they choose to employ her.

Good luck

G
Thanks Grayling,
We'll look into it. They've plenty of time yet!
Thanks for the advice
Marie
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi, If you want to register in NSW as a newly qualified she will have to have at least 3 months experience in the UK maybe she could work for an agency and then go I spoke to NSW myself last week and that is their recommendation hope this helps good luck ireland
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi, If you want to register in NSW as a newly qualified she will have to have at least 3 months experience in the UK maybe she could work for an agency and then go I spoke to NSW myself last week and that is their recommendation hope this helps good luck ireland
I did have a suspicion that may be the case in some states which is why I suggested checking the state websites.

Thanks for clarifying

G
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi all,
Can anyone help with a question for my brothers girlfriend.
She will be qualifying as a nurse in Sept 2006. Can she go straight to Australia and get work as a newly qualified or will she need to do some work experience in UK first? The hospital she is based have told them they are not all guaranteed a job when they qualify!!
She will be going on PR visa with my brother, he will be main applicant so she dosen't need the experience for the visa!
I'll be landing in Brisbane in October so will be able to look into it then myself, but we would appreciate any advice from people already there or who are in the know!!
Sorry for waffling I'm on nights!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Marie
Hi, I am on a business visa but had no problem getting a job with only 8 months experience in Sydney. If she wants to go with an agency however, a lot of them want at least 6 months post grad experience. If she goes with a hospital direct then often they are happy to take straight from qualifying. Visa's though are a different thing. Its a good thing to contact dimia on the internet. They have specific areas for nursing there.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/nurses.htm

Hope it helps.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for the advice everyone. They will probably do a validation trip when they hopefully get the visa. and go once she has got some experience, thats if she can get a job!!!
Thanks again
Marie
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

fejao is an unknown quantity at this point

She will need a years experience to apply for a PR visa. However she could go over on a working holiday visa, but would only be able to work with each hospital for three months at a time. See the following forum for detailed information.

http://allnurses.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Fejao
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fejao
She will need a years experience to apply for a PR visa. However she could go over on a working holiday visa, but would only be able to work with each hospital for three months at a time. See the following forum for detailed information.

http://allnurses.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Fejao
Thanks Fejao,
We all did a working holiday in 2000. It was great thats why we are all going back.
She dosen't need to apply for any visa she will be going as my brothers partner on his PR visa. He is the main applicant as a mechanic.
I just wondered if she could get work straight from qualifying if they went as soon as she qualified. My brother is very impatient. he wants to go asap!!
We leave in 3 weeks. My God it's coming very soon!!!!
Thanks for the advice everyone
Marie
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

3 newly qualified nurses from my cohort went straight to Australia without any experience.From what i can gather it depends on which state you apply in. Good luck