Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

Need "statement addressing selection criteria" for job application

Need "statement addressing selection criteria" for job application

Old May 22nd 2007, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future
Default Need "statement addressing selection criteria" for job application

Hi,

As in title I am being asked for a statement addressing the selection criteria for a job application (WA).

This seems to be the equivalent of a covering letter, but maybe more formal - as stated:

"When you apply on-line, unless otherwise stated, please ensure you attach your resume and written statement demonstrating how you meet the criteria. "

"Your application should easily identify how you meet each of the selection criteria and demonstrate why you stand out from other applicants. Therefore it is important that you provide sufficient information that will allow the panel to easily assess your suitability. This statement may be an additional document and is not usually part of your resume. "

Has anybody any experience of writing one of these, or even an example. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Caroline
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need "statement addressing selection criteria" for job application

Hi Caroline

I can only give advice on my understanding of 'statements addressing selection criteria' with regards to midwifery (dont know what type of job your going for!)

In the job description they usually have a person specification or requirements that are needed for the post. You need to read this and then write down for each point why you think you can do the job!! (When I've done this its usually about 1 side of A4 handwritten). If you dont fulfill all the criteria try and think of other experiences which could help you do the job successfully. Put in all your good qualities and how you can apply this to your work. Its really your chance to sell yourself so make it good

Hope this helps a bit
Old May 23rd 2007, 1:01 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need "statement addressing selection criteria" for job application

Hi,

As midwife2be said, they look at this as a chance to sell your skills and experience. I've just completed mine for a Level 3 post and it took me all weekend on and off ( am in mental health so may be very different to what you need to do ).

I wrote between a half and one page of A4 for each of the selection criteria, explaining how my skills and experience would fit each one. They are looking for examples and will use this to shortlist for interview.

One of the criteria asked about crisis management in the community. I gave examples of different situations I had been involved in and how I had used my clinical skills at these times. I also put in that I had been on a panel of professionals that had been involved in forming policies and procedures for crisis management and how that fitted in.

Need to go now as at work, but hope it goes well.